Tyranitar (M) @ Choice Band
Trait: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Attack / 216 SDef
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Crunch
- Earthquake
- Pursuit
- Stone Edge

Tyranitar as lead for his Sand Stream ability. The standard CB set is being used. I chose Tyranitar over Hippowdon because I wanted this team to be semi offensive, and Tyranitar pretty much adds some offensive to this team. I'm going for this EV spread so it can come in easily on things like starmie and pursuit it.

Flygon (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Earthquake
- Roost
- Toxic

I knew I wanted to use Flygon from the beginning as he fits well in a SS team and his resistance to Stealth Rock is of course very nice. I want him to last, so I wanted a moveset with roost and besides that I needed a pokemon that spreads status, and Flygon is the perfect pokemon to do that on this team. Flygon attracts bulky waters, which can be troublesome for my team to take out. With those pokemon toxiced it'll be alot easier to take care of them.

Starmie @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 136 HP / 156 Def / 216 Spd
Timid Nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Rapid Spin
- Recover
- Thunderbolt

Another insurance versus infernape together with Gyarados, and it gets rid of those annoying stealth rocks and spikes.
The moves are pretty standard, Hydro Pump over Surf for the extra power, thunderbolt for Gyarados, Recover to heal etc. EVs are standard as well.

Skarmory (M) @ Shed Shell
Trait: Keen Eye
EVs: 252 HP / 64 Atk / 176 Def / 16 Spd
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Roost
- Brave Bird
- Whirlwind
- Spikes

Didn't have too many choices when I need a good spiker. It was either this or forretress, but I prefer Skarmory because I needed a Phazer and a healing move that does not put you to sleep is always nice. Moves are standard, so are the Evs. He's also my main counter for psychical Normal and Dragon attacks.

Gyarados (M) @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 252 HP / 32 Atk / 224 Def
Impish Nature (+Def, -SAtk)
- Dragon Dance
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Waterfall

Ah yes, the typical stall team version Gyarados. Comes in handy alot, like I said before, a great counter to things like Infernape and Lucario. Dragon dance over Roar for some offense on the set.

Blissey (F) @ Leftovers
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 200 HP / 252 Def / 56 SAtk
Bold Nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Aromatherapy
- Flamethrower
- Seismic Toss
- Softboiled

The team's healer, and the special wall that protects me from many pokemon that otherwise would be problematic for this team. No status move since I don't really need it, since Flygon can spread status just fine. Flamthrower for nasty steels and Seismic Toss for Heatran and Calm Minding pokemon like Raikou which could be annoying otherwise with a Sub on.

haunter

Banned deucer.
Hi,

Tyranitar is actually a very bad lead in my opinion, the only OU leads that you're going to beat 1 vs 1 are Azelf and Heatran, everything else will either force you out or 1-2hko. Considering that your team seems very stall oriented, the standard Hippowdon lead would work a lot better, so:

Hippowdon@leftovers
nature: impish
EVs: 252 HP / 168 Def / 88 SpD
-earthquake
-stealth rock
-roar
-slack off

Hippo is an a lot better lead and would also provide SR support.

To solve every bulky water problem, try toxic on Blissey over aromatheraphy, you don't really need it: you have 2 natural curers and a sleep talk Gyara, other than Flygon and Skarm which are immune to thunder wave and toxic respectively.

Now onto Flygon, I believe that a life orb-Gon would be a lot better om this team, the set I suggest is:

Flygon@life orb
nature: naive
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 SpA / 216 Spe
-earthquake
-fire blast
-roost
-dragon claw

you need some offensive power, and Flygon can provide it while providing the immunity\resistances you mentioned. Flygon lures out steel types like Skarmory which is hit hard by a life orb'd fire blast, EQ and dragon claw for perfect coverage, roost to compensate life orb recoil.

Your team seems really solid.

GL!

Scofield

Ooooooooooooohhhhhhhhhhhh hhhhhhhhhhh, Kate.......
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
As cool as restalk/dd/waterfall gyarados is, on a stall team, stall gyarados must be restalk/roar/waterfall. Why, you might ask? Basically, if lucario comes in on a sleeping gyarados (or other way aaround) your sleep talk has a 2/3 chance of beating luke, otherwise it is only 1/3 a chance and if you lose there luke will proceed to sweep your team. Also, jolly over timid on flygon, the damagr from EQ is more important than the one from FB.

And your team is insanely mence weak, you can't even revenge it before a dd >_<

Maybe use dragon claw on flygon, ice beam on starmie, ice beam or twave on blissey, etc?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)