Sandstorm Cause Its Awesome

Hey everyone, posting a Sandstorm team because they are really fun to use and they can be quite effective if used correctly. Love to get some rates and fixes from everyone here and I guess we can go from there. I made this last night so clearly it wasnt a team i spent tons of time making but it ran well last night in its uses. Alright without further ado here is the team.

The Team Real Quick

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Speed
Nature: Adamant
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge

Ok, the obvious need for a sandstorm starter doesnt need to be explained :p Reason I went with Tyranitar over Hippowdon is I really prefer offense over defense in most cases and Choice Band Tyranitar is a really powerful pokemon to be able to lead with. Pursuit frail leads that may try to switch such as azelf, crunch if I just want to get some real solid damge on something. I am unsure if I should work Aqua Tail in here, I have been thinking about it because this set really seems to easily be walled by Hippowdon and possibly a couple others. Tyranitar is a solid pokemon for sandstorm teams though, giving you psychic immunity, nice sp.def after sand boost and a beastly attacker.

Heatran @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 6 HP/252 Sp.Atk/252 Speed
Nature: Naive
- HP Ice
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Explosion

Ok this is just really the basic scarftran no other way to put this. I needed someone to run scarf and there are not many pokemon that do it better. I wanted the fire resistance to protect lucario and I needed a fire pokemon i i have a good out to scizor and lucario and such. Moveset is pretty basic and purpose to the team is he is a good revenge killer.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch

Ok Standard SD Lucario here. Really the only thing I had to figure out with this guy is whether I wanted to use Crunch or Ice Punch in the final spot. I decided to go with crunch in the final spot as I came to realize with the addition of Suicune I have a pokemon that has an ice move there, and the amin use for ice is to take out dragons and then there is also latias for dragons. Also Gengar and Heatran have HP Ice, may seem a bit uneeded, but they defintely find there uses. Crunch is a great move, with 5 more base power than Ice Punch, and handles Celebi, Dusknoir and such after a SD. Lucario is a great physical sweeper with toxic immunities and such so he make a great addition to the team ^^

Latias @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Timid
- Dragon Pulse
- Trick
- Surf
- Draco Meteor

Latias is a beast of a special sweeper I dont think I need to tell you that but he spot on this team, well, she fills quite nicely. Nice ground immunity, fighting resistance, dragon type so i can stop other dragon pokemon and has a moveset that deals with most pokemon in the meta. Trick is so I can have an oppening to dump a Specs on blissey or some other wall thats annoying me :P

Gengar @ Life Orb
- HP Ice
- Thunderbolt
- Shadowball
- Focus Blast

Gengar has always been a help for SS teams with his ground and fighting immunities. Also his diverse move pool is a real nice thing to have. Good spped and good special attack make him a real nice fit on my sandstorm team.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/4 Sp.Atk
Nature: Bold
- Ice Beam
- Calm Mind
- Surf
- Roar

Suicune is an amazing pshyical wall. Roars away pokemon that are trying to set up and then has the ability to calm mind up and potentially leave a dent in teams. Really an azaming all around wall that can take any kind of hits, serves my team well in terms of bulkiness and such.​

maybe try a crocune with rest sleep talk calm mind and waterfall i think it will work good with this team and give your team a status absorber

May I ask why your Lucario has Steadfast as an ability?

Lucario doesn't really need the speedboost, so I think Inner Focus would be a better ability for your Lucario

Its just the one I got :P This is a Wifi Team

EDIT: Anyone know why I cant edit post? I made changes

Hey everyone, posting a Sandstorm team because they are really fun to use and they can be quite effective if used correctly. Love to get some rates and fixes from everyone here and I guess we can go from there. I made this last night so clearly it wasnt a team i spent tons of time making but it ran well last night in its uses. Alright without further ado here is the team.

The Team Real Quick

Swampert @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 HP/216 Def/52 SpA
Nature: Relaxed
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Protect
I dont have to say much here. Swampert is a really solid and reliable lead who gets Stealth Rock up with not much of an issue. Good physical wall as well and a couple of nice moves to keep many pokemon at bay. Protect is here to see what the opponent is going to do, some lefties recovery and such.

Tyranitar @ Choice Band
Ability: Sandstream
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Speed
- Pursuit
- Crunch
- Fire Punch
- Stone Edge
Ok, the obvious need for a sandstorm starter doesnt need to be explained :p Reason I went with Tyranitar over Hippowdon is I really prefer offense over defense in most cases and Choice Band Tyranitar is a really powerful pokemon to be able to lead with. Pursuit frail leads that may try to switch such as azelf, crunch if I just want to get some real solid damge on something. I am unsure if I should work Aqua Tail in here, I have been thinking about it because this set really seems to easily be walled by Hippowdon and possibly a couple others. Tyranitar is a solid pokemon for sandstorm teams though, giving you psychic immunity, nice sp.def after sand boost and a beastly attacker.

Lucario @ Life Orb
Ability: Steadfast
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Speed
- Extremespeed
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Crunch
Ok Standard SD Lucario here. Really the only thing I had to figure out with this guy is whether I wanted to use Crunch or Ice Punch in the final spot. I decided to go with crunch in the final spot as I came to realize with the addition of Suicune I have a pokemon that has an ice move there, and the amin use for ice is to take out dragons and then there is also latias for dragons. Also Gengar and Heatran have HP Ice, may seem a bit uneeded, but they defintely find there uses. Crunch is a great move, with 5 more base power than Ice Punch, and handles Celebi, Dusknoir and such after a SD. Lucario is a great physical sweeper with toxic immunities and such so he make a great addition to the team ^^

Latias @ Choice Specs
- Dragon Pulse
- Trick
- Surf
- Draco Meteor
Latias is a beast of a special sweeper I dont think I need to tell you that but he spot on this team, well, she fills quite nicely. Nice ground immunity, fighting resistance, dragon type so i can stop other dragon pokemon and has a moveset that deals with most pokemon in the meta. Trick is so I can have an oppening to dump a Specs on blissey or some other wall thats annoying me :P

Rotom @ Choice Scarf
- Shadow Ball
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Leaf Storm
Rotom is awesome :p. Leaf Storm is there for swampert and bulky grounds and such. Thunderbolt and Shadowball are obvious choices for coverage and STAB. Scarfed to take down DD threats and such that I may have problems outspeeding. Trick if I wanna kick blissey in the groin :P

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 248 HP/228 Def/32 Spe
Nature: Bold
- HP Grass
- Roost
- Thunderbolt
- Heat Wave
Zapdos is a great Scizor counter as we all know. Zapdos also has a really nice nulkiness to it that is just great for any team, can take a lot of hits, and also is a ground immunity and a fighting resist. It also has a great recovery move so it is a natural choice for many teams.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)