ORAS OU Sand Offense (Totally Original, I know)

...I'm awful with actually making these, please dont kill me. I don't make sand offense that much and you probably have seen 50 of this same team.

Num. 6 (Keldeo) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Hydro Pump
- Secret Sword
- Icy Wind
- Scald

I never build around Keldeo. Like ever. So when I was first making the team, I just wanted to build around Keldeo and have that be enough. Specs Keld just sits down, breaking holes in Skarm for Exca and smashing Chansey, opposing Hippowdons, and everything else that thinks that it can take a specs Hydro Pump to the face. EVs are just a normal Specs Keldeo's EVs. Moveset doesnt really need an explanation as its practically what every Keldeo runs. I'm considering taking some speed out and dumping a bit into HP to take some hits better like Tbolts from random mons and maybe beat Starmie (not sure how much Psyshock does.)

Old Yaunxian (Latios) @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Calm Mind

I originally added Latias as a way to cover Keldeo's weaknesses of Psychic, Grass, and Electric, but I changed it to Latios for more offensive presence. Calm Mind Latios is a fun mon to use, since if you come in on, say, a scarf tbolt locked Magnezone, you get a free Calm Mind (or use Draco to kill a switchin). Otherwise its just a complementary mon to Keldeo. Draco and Psyshock are typical STAB moves that murder everything that isnt a Steel type, and Hidden Power Fire hits almost all of the viable Steel types right now, especially Scizor and Ferrothorn.

And before you say Heatran could stop this set...
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 0 HP / 0 SpD Heatran: 263-309 (81.4 - 95.6%) -- 56.3% chance to OHKO after Stealth Rock (Offensive Tran)
+2 252 SpA Life Orb Latios Draco Meteor vs. 248 HP / 192+ SpD Heatran: 200-237 (51.9 - 61.5%) -- 96.1% chance to 2HKO after Leftovers recovery (Defensive Tran)

That and 4/5 other mons on this team definitely beat Heatran and the 5th, Zard, can Focus Blast or switch out.

Standard-Ass (Excadrill) @ Life Orb
Ability: Sand Rush
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Iron Head
- Swords Dance

Excadrill's nickname says it all. I use Marriland's teambuilder to make sure I have a good set of resistances (yes, I know, that's probably a stupid thing but it works usually.), and I needed a Fairy and Dragon resistance, and Excadrill came as the first to mind. If one mon on the opposing team dies, which basically means a Skarmory or Rotom-Wash, if Excadrill gets in with a free SD, something dies. No matter what. EQ, Rock Slide, and Iron Head all form the basics of Excadrill's coverage, and SD is there in case I get a free opportunity. I don't really consider any item other than Life Orb suitable for SD Exca just because at +2 just about everything dies. Excadrill also serves as the mon to take Thunder Waves for everything else, although Tyranitar doesnt mind it that much either.

Old School (Tyranitar) @ Smooth Rock
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 252 HP / 176 Def / 80 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Superpower
- Pursuit
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock

And what pairs well with an Excadrill other than Tyranitar? Nothing (other than Hippo, and I hate using that.) Tyranitar also gave a Ghost and another Flying resist, so Keldeo has all of its weaknesses covered. I liked the idea at first of just using Chople Berry or Leftovers for TTar, but when I decided on SD Excadrill I wanted the longest time for it to be able to sweep. Ice Beam hits Garchomp, Gliscor, and Lando-Ts, when the first and the last set up Stealth Rock and the middle sets up Subs. Superpower hits Bisharp, opposing TTar, and Ferrothorn, and Pursuit traps the Latis which usually take out a good portion of my team otherwise. Stealth Rock is only there because I had no other mons to run SR on. EV spread was just something i set for basics, and if there is a better spread that still is decent mixed defensively I'd love to know.

Calcs for the defense spread:

252 Atk Landorus-T Earthquake vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Tyranitar: 254-302 (63 - 74.9%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252+ Atk Life Orb Bisharp Iron Head vs. 248 HP / 176+ Def Tyranitar: 260-307 (64.5 - 76.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Mega Sceptile Focus Blast vs. 248 HP / 80 SpD Tyranitar in Sand: 352-416 (87.3 - 103.2%) -- 18.8% chance to OHKO (Most relevant calc ever)

(Not that great of calcs, but I had no ideas, I'm so sorry.)

Nuclear Fission (Charizard-Mega-Y) @ Charizardite Y
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Fire Blast
- Focus Blast
- Solar Beam
- Roost

I honestly ran out of ideas when I got to this slot. I chose Zard only because it burned off my mega slot, rounded out my normal team layout of 3 special attackers and 3 physical attackers, and was another Fairy resist, considering TTar, Keldeo, and Latios all were weak to Fairies. The moveset is a typical Zard-Y set, Fire Blast for nuking everything non resistant, Focus Blast hitting TTar, Heatran, and the rare Terrakion amongst everything else. Solar Beam hits Manaphy, Azumarill, and Rotom-Wash. And Roost is the basic healing move Zard Y runs.

Zoramine (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
Happiness: 0
EVs: 168 HP / 252 Atk / 88 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Waterfall
- Play Rough
- Aqua Jet
- Superpower

I've learned that Azumarill is the best mon to slap onto teams when you have a slot you have nothing to fill. Which I did, partially for another Dragon resist but also because being able to smash specially tanky mons Keldeo can't break through, i.e. Latias/os, opposing Keldeo if locked into Hydro Pump, and other things, and for priority to finish off matches. 168 HP gives Azumarill as much health as it can get to still outspeed Clefable with 88 speed EVs. Moveset is normal, Waterfall/Play Rough for STAB options, Superpower hits Ferrothorn, and Aqua Jet is typical priority.

Suggestions are awesome, with the team and if I should make my RMT more... pleasing to look at. I guess thats how you word it. Thanks.

Since the rest of the team can literally shit on heatran u can probably remove calm mind for defog and if u don't feel like adding defog u need some sort of hazard removal.

I mean between life orb, sand and switching into shit like keldeo, latios is dying fast as fuck. iight ima give some real nigga suggestions, any official rater can dick slap me if I'm giving any bad suggestions

iight leggo, first and foremost, rocks are prevalent asf my nigga, whatchu gonna do every time zard wants to come in, click roost or click fire blast? you need hazard removal my nigga. so first thing ima suggest is switching SD or cm on latios for defog. I personally think you should run rapid spin on exca. that way you can run roost over calm mind on lati, or you can run calm mind lati and drop HP fire for roost. at the end of the day, you're gonna appreciate roost if that's your only switch in for keldeo/zard y/ etc. also, calm mind + 2 attacks lati is a lot less common so I think it'd be more beneficial to run rapid spin on exca but again the final decision is all on you fam. that's it for now I think unless I find some other shit to dick you on later. like the team tho fam gj

edit: move HP evs somewhere else to give it a rocks number

Last edited:
Hi.

You can change Keldeo for SubCM set. Because Tyranitar have Pursuit to catch Lati@s.

Agreeing with FrozenCold, you can change Calm Mind for Defog in Latios.

Change Timid for Modest Nature in Charizard Y for extra power. 4 EVs in Def or SpDef, but no in HP, even number of HP decreases entry into Stealth Rock.

I hope this helps.

Last edited:
Hello. I'm an avid user of sand teams myself, it's pretty good yeah? :]

The archetype of this team(all sand offense teams) is weak to Fairy-types and Water-types in general. Pokemon like Keldeo, Manaphy, Azumarill, Charizard-Y, Kyurem-B, M-Altaria, M-Gardevoir, and M-Diancie, threaten these kinds of team archetypes a lot. I see most of these weaknesses in your team too, that's fine as I said, and I have a few suggestions to help you.

>
/
My first change would be replacing Keldeo or Azumarill with Ferrothorn. Ferrothorn provides you with a great check to the likes of DD M-Altaria, Tail Glow Manaphy, M-Diancie, Kyurem-B, Azumarill, M-Metagross, and M-Gardevoir. The roles that Keldeo and Azumarill play on the team are very similar, they both break pokemon like Hippowdon, Landorus, Garchomp, Skarmory, which trouble SD Excadrill from sweeping. Both play the role of a wall-breaker, and I think that you should forgo one of them for Ferrothorn so that you can patch up some holes in the team. Ferrothorn also provides you with Spikes stacking. You could run Keldeo if you want immediate, fast, hard-hitting capabilities on your team. Azumarill if you want an extra check other than Ferrothorn, to the likes of Weavile, M-CharizardX, Excadrill, which threaten the team a lot. Also gives the team a Fighting-type resist. Keep Pursuit on Tyranitar if you keep Keldeo, change it to something like Fire Blast if you don't.

Since you're running a Charizard, you definitely need hazard removal. CM Latios does provide you with a wall breaker, yes, but you already have 3 fantastic ones on your team. Either you decide to run Rapid Spin Excadrill(please don't, all hazard setters beat it 1v1 and are able to get back hazards again), or you run a 2 attacks+Defog set. Latios is effectively your only switch into Keldeo and Charizard-Y, it's important for it to be healthy. I know that having Ferrothorn broken past by only Charizard-Y is kinda annoying as you get Leech Seeded on the switch, but I guess we have more important things to fix than that. I think this will be a great change to your team, and will help out a LOT in practice.

Sets:
Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Power Whip

Latios @ Life Orb
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Draco Meteor
- Psyshock
- Roost
- Defog

:afrostar:Hope I helped:afrostar:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)