Sample Teams Submissions

Magic Mayhem Maiden

formerly CorruptionInTheGovernment
Welcome to the Sample Teams thread! These teams are easy to use and will help you learn the Smogoff metagame.

- Post a team of six characters, from anything, with a brief description of what each of the fighters do! Shitpost allowed and recommended.
- Anything is allowed as long as they follow Smogoff rules.
- Sample Teams are approved or rejected by a biased source (me) depending on how funny the team is.

Magic Mayhem Maiden

formerly CorruptionInTheGovernment
Triple Arson Spam feat. Marisa
Marisa.png Fucker Fish.gif Gray Big Box Snake.gif Kirb.png Antarctica.png No way.png
Here's a pretty offensive team, using a core of three special attackers because it's the best stat according to this reliable source. I usually like sticking multiple attackers and they work most of the time, except I always lose to Big Stall.

This team is built around Marisa Kirisame, who I don't know much about, but she's a very powerful late game sweeper who is unhinged and will steal your items and kill your dog. She is especially strong against other girls and can disrupt their setup plans and fire powerful Specs Master Sparks to win the game.

The second special attacker is Dracovish. It makes a good core with Marisa because it's Fire-type attacks are super-effective against Rock, Ground, and Fire types, which Marisa struggles against, and anything else it flinches to death with Dark Pulse. It is the weakest of the Tapu-Legendaries, but it is the perfect fit for this team.

Gray Big Box Snake.gif

The last special attacker is Gray Big Box Snake. It's a crime that the Smogoff council hasn't banned this Pokemon, Thunderbolt 8 is too strong of an attack that can instantly KO your opponent's entire team. The 50% accuracy doesn't really matter when this Pokemon has Wonder Guard and a weakness to Ice type, which isn't that bad, and you can use Tera to remove the weakness. This Pokemon has killed four stickmen over and over, and I'm tired of pretending it's shit.

Kirb is my favorite Pokemon to use, since it has priority Speed of Kirb, which is useful to revenge kill Pokemon that would get out of hand. It can also setup a singing axolotl that boosts the power of attacks on your side of the field to insane levels, such as this calc:

512+ SpA Choice Specs Beads of Ruin Dracovish Dark Pulse in Axolotl vs. 0 HP / 252+ SpD Blissey: 21384-25158 (3284.7 - 3864.5%) -- guaranteed πHKO

Obviously the item of choice is Star Rod, which is required to patch up the Dark-type weakness of this team.

Antarctica and No Way is a strong defensive core. Ice-type for a defensive Pokemon is very good, and for the second largest country in the world, you can keep spamming Glacier to cripple the foe's defense so that your special attackers can break through. However, it has some bad matchup to top threats such as The Sun and Colonialism, but those are countered by No Way. You can Sotp the setup sweepers that would take advantage of Antarctica, while Antarctica can clear hazards for No Way.

7TH TRUMPET!
1709629169588.png
1709629196415.png
1709629221300.png

1709630408070.png

A team specifically made to trigger the apocalypse! Feed off posters and challenge the mods for their power!
The team is made to utilize both the Three Birds mechanic as well as the Smile mechanic. Due to their "broken nature", this caps the team's natural spots to 4. Here are their uses.

Lamp is tailored to all your infinite light needs! While not incredibly powerful on it's own, it's power when combined with it's brothers justifies it's spot on the team.

Bird on his head! is made for gracefully ducking attacks! It's natural evasiveness has had the council suspect test it several times, but it's low stats seem to keep it down. Not naturally powerful, but with it's brothers it easily made the inclusion worth it.

Judgement is our final brother. It's heavy RNG has had it's viability somewhat tanked, but it's more than worth it for it's interactions with it's brothers.

Last is Smile. Smile is interesting as it starts weak, but eats corpses bad posts to fuel it's rampage! Simply switch into a defenseless Smogoff shitposter, and watch as you consume them all find yourself dominating the game!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)