Rules for Battle Facilities record

Hello,

What exactly are the rules for Battle Facilities records on Smogon?

Is using RNG manipulation permitted?
Are emulators permitted?
Is using a tool to determine the opponent team permitted (while playing on a non-modified game device)?

Thanks,
RC

Hello,

What exactly are the rules for Battle Facilities records on Smogon?

Is using RNG manipulation permitted?
Are emulators permitted?
Is using a tool to determine the opponent team permitted (while playing on a non-modified game device)?

Thanks,
RC
I can give you general advice, but the exact rules vary by Facility. Reading the first post of the relevant thread will give more specifics.

RNG manipulation should be completely fine, as it does not require exploiting glitches or use of third-party devices on the game system. In addition, Smogon has written several articles dedicated to learning how to utilize it.

I am unsure about the legitimacy of emulators; I have never used one myself.

I am unsure of your third item, but I think it almost doesn't matter. One might be able to manipulate opposing team through intense RNG manipulation, but I have never encountered this idea before, let alone it being practical.

I can give you general advice, but the exact rules vary by Facility. Reading the first post of the relevant thread will give more specifics.

RNG manipulation should be completely fine, as it does not require exploiting glitches or use of third-party devices on the game system. In addition, Smogon has written several articles dedicated to learning how to utilize it.

I am unsure about the legitimacy of emulators; I have never used one myself.

I am unsure of your third item, but I think it almost doesn't matter. One might be able to manipulate opposing team through intense RNG manipulation, but I have never encountered this idea before, let alone it being practical.
Using https://github.com/RainingChain/PokemonB2W2BattleSubwayRNG, it is possible to always battle the same trainers and pokemons.
I found a seed where Volcarona is guaranteed to OHKO all opponents. An infinite win streak becomes trivial.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)