Rugaji's first OU RMT.

No need for such creative titles. This is my first RMT on Smogon. I never intended to make a RMT, but I just at least want to hear other peoples suggestions and comment of my team. I'll post below:

Changes are in: Blue

Weavile @ Life Orb
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4HP
Jolly nature
Movesets:
-Fake Out
-Night Slash
-Ice Shard
-Brick Break

In my opinion, one of the few best leads in the metagame. It terrorizes all Aerodactyl leads, Sashed Dugtrio leads or Scarf, it really doesn't matter to Weavile, even Tyranitar, who usually is Bulky or CB, loses to this Weavile because of Life Orb increasing the damage of Fake Out, and Brick Break, and non-scarf Azelf leads. This Weavile is designed to stop the most common leads such as Aerodactyl and Azelf from setting up Stealth Rocks and 2hko them both. Fake Out also cancels both of the Focus Sashes that they're mostly holding. This helps my team very much as '3' out of '6' are weak to Stealth Rock. This lead is one of the most enjoyable leads that I love to use and have been using. This is probably my favorite leads ever.

Zapdos @ Leftovers
Trait: Pressure
EVs: 192 HP / 52 Defense / 176 Speed / 88 SpAtk
Timid nature
Movesets:
-Roost
-Thunderbolt
-Toxic
-Substitute

Oh man. One of my favorite pokemons ever. And this one is designed to stall out certain pokemons such as Non Resting Swampert because I do have trouble countering Swampert, and I don't intend to use HP Grass on Zapdos. Roost for stall along with Substitute and Toxic to drain my opponents team slowly. Thunderbolt for the obvious STAB. I guess this Zapdos has been my favorite because of Roost and Substitute combination. It cancels out Ice Beam stabs from Blissey and Toxic handles her as well. with the 176 Speed, it's designed to out-speed all Jolly Lucario's, and all other pokemons with 306 speed and under, while Zapdos lands with 308 speed. HP helps it switch into 5 Stealth Rocks without Leftovers taking effect. Pretty good Zapdos, it can surely stall few pokemons that most of my team cannot handle. I made the set, I think the EV spread works out great for the set.

What was changed? Zapdos's EVs were 192 HP / 16 Defense / 176 Speed / 124 SpAtk and has been changed to: EVs: 192 HP / 52 Defense / 176 Speed / 88 SpAtk. Changes were made to take Scizor on longer and have Zapdos have an easier time taking CB Scizor's hits.

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 252 Attack / 252 Speed / 4 HP
Jolly nature
Movesets:
-Pursuit
-U-turn
-Superpower
-Bullet Punch

Lol, hit and run, pretty standard with Choice Band. I need something that can switch-in, and sometimes switch-out with no problem, which U-turn helps doing and loves hitting Cresselia ALL the time. Pursuit hurts others like Starmie, Gengar, and etc. Blissey don't like saying 'buh-bye' to Scizor because it takes over 55% from a standard Bold nature Blissey. Bullet Punch is for Technician STAB and Superpower is for high defensive Pokemons. It does great damage to Swampert too, even with Choice Band. I like the Scizor, it has a lot of potential offensively.

Swampert @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 40 Defense / 216 SpDefense
Careful nature
- Waterfall
- Sleep Talk
- Rest
- Curse

@_@ might I say? No one likes to get stalled in late game because this shit actually works. Don't you just love how Zapdos and Swampert work together in one team. I've only ran into one Vaporeon since making the team with Swampert. This team helps keep me in tight defense and can absorb status as well thanks to Rest. Sleep Talk continues to help me attack / build up as Swampert's sleeping for the two turns. Swampert's also my sleep absorber, this pokemon has a big role for this team. B)

Salamence @ Leftovers
Trait: Intimidate
EVs: 40 HP / 252 Attack / 216 Speed
Adamant nature
Movesets:
-Dragon Dance
-Fire Fang
-Earthquake
-Outrage

Yeah, this took Metagross's place because that shit in any way didn't helped this team win. Salamence does it's own job with dragon Dance and late game sweep. I have Fire Fang for Scizor purposes especially ones that have huge defense, it would be hard to stop with with Earthquake if they use bullet Punch on me, so Fire Fang is for Scizor, Skarmory, and for Forretress. Earthquake helps cover steels like Magnezone and rock types as well which are Tyranitar, basically.. Outrage is obviously that power ass STAB. Anything else?

What was changed? Salamence EVs were 152 HP / 180 Attack / 176 Speed and has been changed too 40 HP / 252 Attack / 216 Speed. Changes were made to out-speed SOME Zapdos's, All non-scarfed Lucario's, and the rare Jolly natured 317 Electivire.

Heracross @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Guts
EVs: 252 Attack / 232 Speed / 24 HP
Adamant nature
Movesets:
-Megahorn
-Close Combat
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge

I think this is standard Heracross. Full attack to revenge kill shit like Heatran, and even Aerodactyl, yes 232 speed does out-speed Aero's by two. Close Combat for the obvious STAB, pursuit again for stuff that hates switching out of Heracross such as Starmie, maybe Blissey. Megahorn is for Cresselia and Slowbro basically, (maybe Latias is I play this team in the suspect test.) This is a nice pokemon and loves to hit hard. Pretty nice Pokemon here B)

Rate my team please. I want to see what suggestions people have for my team. I know my team isn't THAT good, that's why I posted a RMT, to hear others comments and suggestions.

P.S. If you're going to RMT, please be serious about it. Thanks..

the team looks pretty good, with a good combination of attackers and walls (sorta). Really, the only criticisms I have is with toxic (i don't like toxic much) on ur Zapdos, making it completely walled by Steelix (who, luckily, isnt seen in OU) and the fact that 3/6 of ur pokemon are weak to stealth rock w/ no spinner. Also, you might have some trouble countering special sweepers. Otherwise, it looks pretty good. Good luck with it.

Great Sage

Banned deucer.
What's all the HP on Salamence for? You'll frequently find that having more Speed is very useful, particularly with a Jolly nature, since there's a lot of things between where you are now and 328, such as Lucario and Zapdos. It seems much better to outrun those than to have the HP that doesn't really serve a purpose. It does help with Scizor to some extent, but Salamence isn't the best counter for Scizor anyways, since it has no recovery move, a Stealth Rock weakness, and no resistance to Bullet Punch, so it will get worn down eventually. Zapdos with a bit more Defense counters Scizor better, unless you absolutely need the Special Attack for something.

I guess so, and yeah I added the HP for Salamence to survive 5 SR's without leftover taking effect. I had though before making Zapdos having more defense and lowing it's SpAtk for some defense. Steelix does counter my Zapdos but that's why I have my Swampert for. Steelix can't do shit to my Swampert and for the tme being, I'll invest some defense to my Zapdos to counter Scizor's a little better. Thanks you two.

Any other comments or suggestions?

3 hour bump..sorry..

Anyone else would suggest or comment on my team. I've noticed that I am struggling that I'm not doing so good against Mixapes with HP Ice and Metagross. Please help, words would at least help. @_@

._.

Venom

red eyes no visine
is a Team Rater Alumnus
I had seen this Infernape weakness since when you posted this in the morning, dunno why I didn't say shit until now though.

On the team, I know how passionate you're about Swampert (Rugaji sup), but taking him out for a Vaporeon will make you handle MixApe and Infernape in general, much better, because unlike Swampert, Vaporeon takes shitty damage from Grass Knot, which won't even 3HKO, so that would be my suggestion. You can always go Starmie as well, with some Rapid Spin support, which will greatly help both Zapdos and Salamence against Stealth Rocks, so Starmie is something to really consider. I don't know how you cannot handle Metagross, its pretty easy, especially because you have the Pokemon that is capable of handling it with ease, Zapdos. At this point in DPP, you need as much Defense as you can get, so a viable EV Spread would be 252 HP / 220 Def / 36 SpA @ Bold, which will take hits from Lucario, Scizor, and Metagross like a champ, while being able to Roost them off, you can even add Light Screen for some support on the special side of the spectrum.

The only Metagross that shits on MY Zapdos is ScarfGross, because that piece of shit always carry Ice Punch, even though I don't always leave Zapdos in on him unless it's in it's Substitute. Yes, somewhat I wasn't that passionate enough to consider Swampert in this team, but because I hardly use it and never took advantage of it's Sleep Talk set which actually does a phenomenal job. I'm surprised it survived at Grass Knot from Infernape, the most it took was 93% and the least was 77% so I'm pretty sure the 93% was a Naive Nature or so with max Sp Attack. It's not like it would do anything else next turn but it does show how much potential Swampert has with the set.

I might..consider Vaporeon although I'm sick of using it. I just got back into the metagame after about two months, so I'm trying as much as I can to refresh my memory.

;x

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)