Project RU Research Week (Articuno, Garbodor, Cofagrigus)

Status
Not open for further replies.
approved by atomicllamas
taken over by slurmz
edited op by 49

old thread here
WanderingWobbuffet is helping me with this
thanks slurmz for not hating me

shoutout to Sobi for the snazzy new banner you can find his thread here
Introduction
The overlying goal of this project is to encourage users to escape their usual 'comfort zones' as builders by utilizing pokemon not often seen or utilized effectively, perhaps due to perceived competition in its role, lower-tier status, or something else entirely. In doing so, one might hope for users to escape their respective 'comfort zones' as builders by making use of pokemon of lesser use, as well as perhaps introducing a pokemon that deserves more usage than it receives.

While I don't have any intention of pandering to anyone here, because frankly nobody wants to deal with that, I would like to lay down a basic idea of what one should be honing in on for this project:
    • What significant niche(s) does the pokemon in question fill?
    • What kind of competition do these pokemon face in their particular role (if any), and if they do, then what traits allow them to distinguish themselves?
    • Does the current metagame tend to favour these pokemon? if not, what ways can these pokemon adapt so that these issues can be mitigated?
Generally speaking, each round will be posted around Sunday and end the following Saturday evening. Theorymonning is definitely welcome, but let's strive to keep things grounded, and supporting your ideas via calcs, replays, and so forth is very much appreciated.

As with previous iterations of this project, a laddering challenge will be incorporated here with the prize being something that im not of authority to give and your name and findings being stored in the ever-so-prestigious Hall of Fame. Simply post the alt and the pokemon you willing be using, along with at least one post at the end of the week documenting your experiences with it / them (though, of course, we actively encourage you to post additional information). Based off the standings at the end of the week, you could win. Also, for the badge fiends out there, the ru mod team does indeed take notice to the active posters in threads such as these, so participation in this can play a role in netting a pre-contributor, or eventually full community contributor badges.

Example Posts - If you really want to go all out, here's a good example by Take an Azelfie

Introduction
Pelipper as a Pokemon finds its main niches in defensive Water typing, reliable one-turn recovery, good defense stat, and Fighting resist. These are the traits that define Pelipper's niche in the metagame for the most part but that isn't it as it provides many other tools to the job. First off its speed is above average for a defensive Pokemon allowing it to get away with faster Roost. U-turn, while contrary what I just said, is very slow meaning it can get frailer Pokemon in safely. Not to mention Pelipper is a fairly rounded Defogger. Pelipper does have a list of noticeable flaws such as a low HP stat which hinders its walling capabilities, Rock weakness which stops it from achieving its role as a bulky pivot, and nasty electric weakness which means it struggles versus anything with Electric coverage. But overall Pelipper contains a niche that allows it to withstand the current Metagame.
Research
So I was using some of the .usage commands to pick up some information. I found out that Pelipper doesn't have much diversity for items except for Leftovers and Rocky Helmet and even Helmet only had 7.7 usage. I also did this for spreads but ended up with a very bare amount of results. Basically it was all Max HP + Def and the remaining 8 EVs divided into different areas. There was also another spread which caught my eye which is a mixed wall variant that allows it to escape a 2HKO from Modest LO Samurott's Ice Beam, a NU spread, that isn't very useful due to most Samurott variants being SD. Moves were also pretty standard. Scald, Roost, and Defog being found on at least 86% of all Pelipper's and options like U-turn and Hurricane being the choices most likely to come across the last slot. Knock Off, Ice Beam, and Air Slash have also seen some usage but from theorymonning I can say that they are supar options compared to the rest of Pelipper's utility. Teammates show that Piloswine is the number one partner for Pelipper which is quite understandable since Pelipper dislikes Electric-types which Piloswine takes freely and in exchange for absorbing Fighting and Steel attacks. Gastrodon appears as the next partner which is another Electric immunity, Pelipper has a decent match-up against Grass-types as well so that can be beneficial to Pelipper. Just make sure your team has something to handle Eelektross which shouldn't be too hard. The next partners are Eelektross and and Tangrowth and then from there the next partner is Lickyicky which is where I start to take the reliability of the rest of the stats as shaky.
Set Building
So after gaining some knowledge I hopped into the teambuilder and started experimenting I'm looking at Pelipper and the only thing I see at first glance is a Defensive set. So naturally I build with that first. Starting off with items I believe in the usage statistics and just say Leftovers is the primary item of choice. Rocky Helmet also seems plausible especially since it can stack against it can punish Choice Band users like Flygon. Pelipper's ability choices are terrible but Keen Eye seems the best since the ladder can run some strange sets sometimes (ex. Acupressure Drapion.) Going onto moves I feel that Roost and Defog are mandatory and Scald SHOULD be used most of the time but there are some excuses. Next it comes down to the last slot which mostly is Hurricane or U-turn which are both great in there respective ways. As for other options I feel that Ice Beam could be used over Hurricane if you felt the need to have a more reliable move versus Grass-types as well as nuke Flygon on the spot. Air Slash is very puny and even though Hurricane has shaky accuracy I would still use it over Air Slash. Knock Off is in an awkward position because there really isn't anything you could take out for it. I guess the best moveslot to use it over would be in the forth slot but U-turn or Hurricane seem a little too precious to give up. Tailwind could be nifty is you have another Defogger but specifically need Pelipper's typing to pivot around. Completely legit option in my opinion. Toxic also finds a hard time fitting in similar to the case of Knock Off but if I were to squeeze it in I suppose giving up the forth slot would be where it is at. Finally it comes down to the spread. Since Pelipper has outstanding physical bulk I feel we should invest entirely into it. I also wondered if there was any valuable speed creeping it could do and it seems that there is a perfecy creep that involves only 8 speed EVs. Exactly the amount you should have leftover (when counting EVing to come in on Stealth Rocks 4 times) and it outspeed offensive LO Tangrowth. That concludes the building of the Physically defensive set.​

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Ability: Keen Eye
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 Spe
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- Hurricane / U-turn

Other Options
Ice Beam > Hurricane
Tailwind > Defog
Knock Off > Hurricane
Toxic > Scald or Hurricane

But that isn't it. I wanted to see if Pelipper could fill some other niche. So I started making this rain set since weather based teams lack any thing to take hits with recovery (see Uxie) So basically I put on Damp Rock and Rain Dish which basically gives us Leftovers and longer rain turns. Rain Dance is mandatory for a rain setter and I added Scald and Hurricane to the other slots. Being able to kind of tackle Grass-types is kind of cool for rain. For the last slot U-turn was kind of mandatory to get in Pokemon safely. I used the same exact spread because I didn't think I needed any other changes. So yeah that is the set, I haven't tried it yet but I thought I would throw it out there.​

Pelipper @ Damp Rock
Ability: Rain Dish
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Hurricane
- U-turn
Teambuilding
While I don't think this contributes to much to the project I feel like it could be useful in some aspects.​

So I started with Pelipper obviously. Standard set with U-turn > Hurricane because I like catching momentum.

Now obviously I needed something to draw Electric-types away from Pelipper so I added Mega Camerupt. Camerupt also appreciates having Ground-types worn down for it. I'm running Fire Blast, Earth Power, HP Ice, and Toxic since I am planning on a specific partner for Stealth Rocks.

Venusaur destroys the previously mentioned core so I added Registeel since it provides some nice utility and Stealth Rocks.

Now I liked how Drapion was looking with the team as it was act as a win condition as well as hit Psychic-types really hard and the rest of my team seemed to deal with Steel-types pretty well.

My team is way to weak to Ground-types at this point so I added Tangrowth to help alleviate that. It can also hit a lot of Pokemon for neutral coverage.

I wanted an offensive check to Fire-types that wasn't camel so I added Scarf Rhyperior to help against this. It also threatens fast electric-types and gives the team a much needed revenge killer. Once against other teammates help to remove Steel-types which is only being another reason to use Scarf Tyrantrum.

I was uncomfortable with how weak the team was to Ground-types so I changed Registeel to Bronzong to help not get completely blown back by Banded Flygon.

Team: http://pastebin.com/ti3weSbA

I will post more later put this should be good for now
However Senpai D.M had a good post that fulfilled all of the same criteria that was much shorter, so length isn't really that important
Okay posting thoughts after a bit of testing

Pelliper has always been a niche defogger / pivot thanks to resisting a lot of the tier. It faces competition mostly from Flygon bc its a solid glue Mon on any team. And also has quite the movepool where Pelipper just sits around not getting to threaten the other team. But I feel that weakness also is it's strength its job is to defog not drop dracos xp. Any switch into Pelipper risks a burn / toxic / free u turn. A reason to use Pelipper over Flygon is its bulk and it will mostly get the hazards off the field and u turn around. Where Flygon is a more offensive.

Tldr use Pelipper on Balanced teams or stick to Flygon if you want to have an offensive defogger.
happy posting

Current week:

Week 1: Senpai D.M

Week 2: Based Honker

Week 3: CrzyCookie

Week 4: Drangonn.

Last edited:
This week will be Pelliper, Rhyperior, and Gallade. Pelliper gained traction a while back by being able to check Durant, but after a while most Durant ran Thunder Fang which caused Pelipper to be outclassed by Rotom-S in it's ability to check Durant. Rhyperior was the premier defensive rock setter in XY RU, but with the arrival of Mega Steelix which had much better defensive synergy with Alomomola, it has since been outclassed defensively. With Medicham returning to RU, Gallade has lost traction among players as Medicham has a higher attack stat and more powerful STAB. However, Gallade still retains a niche by having access to Knock Off, Swords Dance, and has better defensive capabilities.

Also know that this will go through Sunday of April 17th

Edit: Thanks atomicllamas (:

Last edited:
Stall and bulky offense in ru has always been preferred and proven more efficient in some cases. With rhyperior's notorious bulk and solid rock, I will try to bring gimmicks into this project and abuse choice band rhyperior's with rock polish magic room. (Don't steal my idea)

Edit: Alt (xReincarnationx)

Last edited:

Take Azelfie

More flags more fun

Introduction
Pelipper as a Pokemon finds its main niches in defensive Water typing, reliable one-turn recovery, good defense stat, and Fighting resist. These are the traits that define Pelipper's niche in the metagame for the most part but that isn't it as it provides many other tools to the job. First off its speed is above average for a defensive Pokemon allowing it to get away with faster Roost. U-turn, while contrary what I just said, is very slow meaning it can get frailer Pokemon in safely. Not to mention Pelipper is a fairly rounded Defogger. Pelipper does have a list of noticeable flaws such as a low HP stat which hinders its walling capabilities, Rock weakness which stops it from achieving its role as a bulky pivot, and nasty electric weakness which means it struggles versus anything with Electric coverage. But overall Pelipper contains a niche that allows it to withstand the current Metagame.
Research
So I was using some of the .usage commands to pick up some information. I found out that Pelipper doesn't have much diversity for items except for Leftovers and Rocky Helmet and even Helmet only had 7.7 usage. I also did this for spreads but ended up with a very bare amount of results. Basically it was all Max HP + Def and the remaining 8 EVs divided into different areas. There was also another spread which caught my eye which is a mixed wall variant that allows it to escape a 2HKO from Modest LO Samurott's Ice Beam, a NU spread, that isn't very useful due to most Samurott variants being SD. Moves were also pretty standard. Scald, Roost, and Defog being found on at least 86% of all Pelipper's and options like U-turn and Hurricane being the choices most likely to come across the last slot. Knock Off, Ice Beam, and Air Slash have also seen some usage but from theorymonning I can say that they are supar options compared to the rest of Pelipper's utility. Teammates show that Piloswine is the number one partner for Pelipper which is quite understandable since Pelipper dislikes Electric-types which Piloswine takes freely and in exchange for absorbing Fighting and Steel attacks. Gastrodon appears as the next partner which is another Electric immunity, Pelipper has a decent match-up against Grass-types as well so that can be beneficial to Pelipper. Just make sure your team has something to handle Eelektross which shouldn't be too hard. The next partners are Eelektross and and Tangrowth and then from there the next partner is Lickyicky which is where I start to take the reliability of the rest of the stats as shaky.
Set Building
So after gaining some knowledge I hopped into the teambuilder and started experimenting I'm looking at Pelipper and the only thing I see at first glance is a Defensive set. So naturally I build with that first. Starting off with items I believe in the usage statistics and just say Leftovers is the primary item of choice. Rocky Helmet also seems plausible especially since it can stack against it can punish Choice Band users like Flygon. Pelipper's ability choices are terrible but Keen Eye seems the best since the ladder can run some strange sets sometimes (ex. Acupressure Drapion.) Going onto moves I feel that Roost and Defog are mandatory and Scald SHOULD be used most of the time but there are some excuses. Next it comes down to the last slot which mostly is Hurricane or U-turn which are both great in there respective ways. As for other options I feel that Ice Beam could be used over Hurricane if you felt the need to have a more reliable move versus Grass-types as well as nuke Flygon on the spot. Air Slash is very puny and even though Hurricane has shaky accuracy I would still use it over Air Slash. Knock Off is in an awkward position because there really isn't anything you could take out for it. I guess the best moveslot to use it over would be in the forth slot but U-turn or Hurricane seem a little too precious to give up. Tailwind could be nifty is you have another Defogger but specifically need Pelipper's typing to pivot around. Completely legit option in my opinion. Toxic also finds a hard time fitting in similar to the case of Knock Off but if I were to squeeze it in I suppose giving up the forth slot would be where it is at. Finally it comes down to the spread. Since Pelipper has outstanding physical bulk I feel we should invest entirely into it. I also wondered if there was any valuable speed creeping it could do and it seems that there is a perfecy creep that involves only 8 speed EVs. Exactly the amount you should have leftover (when counting EVing to come in on Stealth Rocks 4 times) and it outspeed offensive LO Tangrowth. That concludes the building of the Physically defensive set.​

Pelipper @ Leftovers
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- Hurricane / U-turn

Other Options
Ice Beam > Hurricane
Tailwind > Defog
Knock Off > Hurricane
Toxic > Scald or Hurricane​

But that isn't it. I wanted to see if Pelipper could fill some other niche. So I started making this rain set since weather based teams lack any thing to take hits with recovery (see Uxie) So basically I put on Damp Rock and Rain Dish which basically gives us Leftovers and longer rain turns. Rain Dance is mandatory for a rain setter and I added Scald and Hurricane to the other slots. Being able to kind of tackle Grass-types is kind of cool for rain. For the last slot U-turn was kind of mandatory to get in Pokemon safely. I used the same exact spread because I didn't think I needed any other changes. So yeah that is the set, I haven't tried it yet but I thought I would throw it out there.​

Pelipper @ Damp Rock​
Ability: Rain Dish
Bold Nature
- Rain Dance
- Scald
- Hurricane
- U-turn
Teambuilding
While I don't think this contributes to much to the project I feel like it could be useful in some aspects.​

So I started with Pelipper obviously. Standard set with U-turn > Hurricane because I like catching momentum.

Now obviously I needed something to draw Electric-types away from Pelipper so I added Mega Camerupt. Camerupt also appreciates having Ground-types worn down for it. I'm running Fire Blast, Earth Power, HP Ice, and Toxic since I am planning on a specific partner for Stealth Rocks.

Venusaur destroys the previously mentioned core so I added Registeel since it provides some nice utility and Stealth Rocks.

Now I liked how Drapion was looking with the team as it was act as a win condition as well as hit Psychic-types really hard and the rest of my team seemed to deal with Steel-types pretty well.

My team is way to weak to Ground-types at this point so I added Tangrowth to help alleviate that. It can also hit a lot of Pokemon for neutral coverage.

I wanted an offensive check to Fire-types that wasn't camel so I added Scarf Rhyperior to help against this. It also threatens fast electric-types and gives the team a much needed revenge killer. Once against other teammates help to remove Steel-types which is only being another reason to use Scarf Tyrantrum.

I was uncomfortable with how weak the team was to Ground-types so I changed Registeel to Bronzong to help not get completely blown back by Banded Flygon.

Team: http://pastebin.com/ti3weSbA
Replays
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-357159932
Pelipper showcases its longevity and bulk in this match being able to take advanatage of a few things like the two Pokemon on the opponents team being eliminated meaning that Pelipper is free to just stay in and win.​
I will post more later put this should be good for now

Last edited:

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Okay posting thoughts after a bit of testing

Pelliper has always been a niche defogger / pivot thanks to resisting a lot of the tier. It faces competition mostly from Flygon bc its a solid glue Mon on any team. And also has quite the movepool where Pelipper just sits around not getting to threaten the other team. But I feel that weakness also is it's strength its job is to defog not drop dracos xp. Any switch into Pelipper risks a burn / toxic / free u turn. A reason to use Pelipper over Flygon is its bulk and it will mostly get the hazards off the field and u turn around. Where Flygon is a more offensive.

Tldr use Pelipper on Balanced teams or stick to Flygon if you want to have an offensive defogger.

Wandering Wobbuffet

formerly Based Honker
May as well write my thoughts down now

Gallade is a mon which I feel doesn't get enough usage in RU due to the high amount of competition it receives. That however by no means makes it a bad pokemon. Gallade has a good attack stat pretty standard offensive movepool for what you would expect from a fighting type (although it has a ridiculously good support movepool since it evolves from fairies giving it some really interesting options like memento and wish) including the coveted knock off. Medicham which is gallade's main rival doesn't have access to this move and instead has to use options like thunderpunch to work. However gallade sets itself apart from the other fighting types mostly by it's access to swords dance as well as it's very good special defense making bulk up a viable option as well. Swords dance is generally the go to option since it's a very quick easy mode kind of setup while bulk up takes some time to start gaining offensive presence. I generally will agree with this but if you want to have a good answer to stall teams and already have another quick setup mon then bulk up can fit very well.

Anyways I'll now get onto the team I'm laddering with:

I decided to start off with the easier swords dance 3 attacks set which has good offensive presence pressuring walls with it's boosted attacks. Now when I started building off of this for the next mons I was thinking to OU. For those who don't the few times you'll see mega gallade in OU I'd say there's a 7/10 chance there's a bisharp on the team since bisharp pursuit traps ghosts and deals with fairies while gallade can deal with fighting types. So I wanted to make an RU version of this core. My initial thought was AoA Absol of course forgetting that absol doesn't deal with fairies well in the same way bisharp does (I mean it gets iron tail but lets be honest it misses). I then thought of a great option for the next mon.

YES the next mon in none other my favorite pokemon itself, Escavalier! Besides having a cool knight theme going on here escavalier acts very similar to bisharp in OU by pursuit trapping things and dealing with fairies (even better then bisharp does for that matter). I liked the offensive way this team was looking so far but while I was looking for mons threatening to this core that quickly changed...

Yup the next mon on threw on was none other then the cuntfish alomomola. As much as I try to ignore it, escavalier and alomomola synergize really well together. Providing wish support and dealing with grass types for one another. Not only that but by running waterfall on alomomola I know had a great answer to houndoom which is very problematic for the first 2 mons. On top of that healing wish gives gallade more opportunities to SD being able to be fully healed.

Diancie here provided me with an answer to sigilyph which threatens the previous 3 mons, a special wall, stealth rocks, and heal bell. I just couldn't say no at that point. Diancie fit really well here and was the next mon on my team.

I know wanted a bit of special power, another answer to steelix, and hazard control and life orb special flygon did just that. It also gave my a good answer to drapion which looks a bit threatening to the rest of the team so far.

Lastly I just wanted some speed as well as priority so sneasel was chosen for the last mon. I'm somewhat unsure of it since my team doesn't have a great answer to opposing alomomola but so far gallade and flygon have been dealing with them to some extent so sneasel has stayed.

Importable: http://pastebin.com/tkWURvhd

Sobi

Banned deucer.
hi. don't mind me, but can Fineonbae or a moderator remove the current "banner" (it's not an image; the link is not working), and replace it with the image in the hide tag below? I told Fineonbae to do so, but I don't think they understood what I meant.

hi. don't mind me, but can Fineonbae or a moderator remove the current "banner" (it's not an image; the link is not working), and replace it with the image in the hide tag below? I told Fineonbae to do so, but I don't think they understood what I meant.

hey i might've fixed it, check it out now

I like how the only reason Fineonbae included Pelipper was because he's doing an analysis on it.

This is probably the only Pelipper set I'd use:

Pelipper @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet (only if you really need Pelipper as a Fighting-type check imo)
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- Hurricane

imo you need Hurricane because Water + Flying dual stabs are great and it OHKOs Virizion. If you're gonna use Toxic you might as well use another Water-type at that point. It's an alright Pokemon but kind of niche - the reason you'd use it is a bulky Water-type + hazard remover + instant recovery + Fighting-type check in 1 slot. It's also a Mega Steelix counter that doesn't get taken advantage of by Virizion (and also other Fighters), although the other Mega Steelix partner LO Venusaur still OHKO's with Leaf Storm . That might sound really good but you're spreading yourself out really thin because you're covering all of those things in 1 slot. The weakness to Stealth Rock also kind of blows because you have to lose 25% of your HP before getting rid of Stealth Rock, the most prevalent hazard right now.

So basically, Pelipper is going to get worn down by all of the things it has to switch into (Stealth Rock, Mega Steelix toxic, Knock Off) if you rely on it doing too much. You're also going to want another Pokemon that can actually check LO Medicham as that will just destroy Pelipper with ThunderPunch. That said, Pelipper is a great fit for some teams because of the role compression it contributes - you just have to make sure you're not relying on Pelipper to do too much.

I like how the only reason Fineonbae included Pelipper was because he's doing an analysis on it.

This is probably the only Pelipper set I'd use:

Pelipper @ Leftovers / Rocky Helmet (only if you really need Pelipper as a Fighting-type check imo)
Bold Nature
- Roost
- Defog
- Scald
- Hurricane

imo you need Hurricane because Water + Flying dual stabs are great and it OHKOs Virizion. If you're gonna use Toxic you might as well use another Water-type at that point. It's an alright Pokemon but kind of niche - the reason you'd use it is a bulky Water-type + hazard remover + instant recovery + Fighting-type check in 1 slot. It's also a Mega Steelix counter that doesn't get taken advantage of by Virizion (and also other Fighters), although the other Mega Steelix partner LO Venusaur still OHKO's with Leaf Storm . That might sound really good but you're spreading yourself out really thin because you're covering all of those things in 1 slot. The weakness to Stealth Rock also kind of blows because you have to lose 25% of your HP before getting rid of Stealth Rock, the most prevalent hazard right now.

So basically, Pelipper is going to get worn down by all of the things it has to switch into (Stealth Rock, Mega Steelix toxic, Knock Off) if you rely on it doing too much. You're also going to want another Pokemon that can actually check LO Medicham as that will just destroy Pelipper with ThunderPunch. That said, Pelipper is a great fit for some teams because of the role compression it contributes - you just have to make sure you're not relying on Pelipper to do too much.
lol i actually just noticed today that there was an analysis open for pelipper xD

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life

I think Rhyperior is a really underrated Pokemon, and even with the competition he receives from Mega Steelix as a defensive Pokemon, he still has a good niche in his offensive sets, like Choice Band and Rock Polish. (SubPerior is also a really nice and underrated set) It also still has a niche in the defensive set because of it's Fire resistance, and not using a Mega slot like MegaLix does. I think Choice Band is Rhyperior's best set right now, as it can completely blow back a ton of teams that use shit like Alomomola as their Rock or Ground "resist", and his coverage is pretty good, with Megahorn to strike Grass-types and Bronzong hard, and Ice Punch to destroy Flygon switchins (Although Stone Edge already 2HKOs offensive Flygon on the switchin lol) Overall, Rhyperior is still a great mon for his wallbreaking and utility purposes, and the ability to wreck unprepared teams with his STAB EdgeQuake coverage.

The Team I Used:

I decided to build around CB Rhyperior, a scary wallbreaker that destroys unprepared teams with his STAB EdgeQuake and coverage. Virizion helps Rhyperior out against bulky waters, and adds a win condition that benefits from Rhyperior's wallbreaking. Mega Glalie was added to add Spikes and another wallbreaker to the squad, and helps against stuff like Flygon. A specially based EV spread is used so no Water-type can switch into a Freeze-Dry. Registeel forms a defensive backbone for this team, adding paralysis support, Stealth Rock, and a check to things like Tyrantrum and Exploud. Granbull was added as another wallbreaker that could check Dark and Fighting types in one slot, and Scarf Tyrantrum adds a good late-game cleaner that benefits from pretty much everything this team does, with all the wallbreaking. Basically, this is a pretty cool physically-oriented Hyper Offense Team that showcases Rhyperior nicely, and helped me get to about 1420 or so on the ladder.

Rhyperior @ Choice Band
Ability: Solid Rock
EVs: 172 HP / 252 Atk / 84 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake
- Megahorn
- Ice Punch

Virizion @ Lum Berry
Ability: Justified
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Leaf Blade
- Zen Headbutt

Glalie-Mega @ Glalitite
Ability: Refrigerate
EVs: 4 Atk / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Spikes
- Freeze-Dry
- Double-Edge
- Ice Shard

Registeel @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Thunder Wave
- Iron Head
- Seismic Toss

Granbull @ Choice Band
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 212 HP / 252 Atk / 44 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Play Rough
- Close Combat
- Earthquake
- Fire Punch

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Rock Head
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Head Smash
- Outrage
- Superpower
- Earthquake

Congrats to Senpai D.M for winning the first week of RU Research Week! You will get to be put in the very prestigious Hall Of Fame :3

So for this week we are going to be researching Mr. Mime, Kabutops and Zangoose. Mr. Mime is a really cool offensive mon as it is an offensive check to Exploud as it has the ability soundproof. It also has a niche in being one of the few offensive fairy types in the tier. Kabutops is mainly known for being a sweeper under rain, and a very good one at that. However it also has a niche in being an offensive Rapid Spin user, and also has access to Knock Off. Zangoose has been a very underlooked mon for a long time, despite being a very adept wallbreaker once it's at +2. It truly is a very scary mon to face

happy posting

Cheryl.

Celesteela is Life
One day we will do MegaNette

I'll research Zangoose

Alt: CherylBeast999 for this one

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)