Resource RU Replays

Status
Not open for further replies.

tehy

Banned deucer.
tbh i was considering saying something as well

hey there temperarious, i've seen you on the ladder, welcome to smogon, etc, hope you stay and enjoy yourself

that replay was all right, but it really had a lot of misplays on the other side, which honestly makes it not worth posting personally, and I definitely wouldn't have watched it if i'd known beforehand. this thread could use a lot more replays, but please, try to make sure that the game isn't too influenced by questionable plays (or hax, those being the 2 biggies). For example, his play against cobalion (and his general weakness to it), his staying in with Drapion against Medicham, and, yes, the pivot into Registeel.

that said, cool mono team (i hadn't even noticed that before, you might wanna hype that up in future replays)

+1 4 SpA Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 223-264 (65.5 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

well i mean it could have trick; regardless, the mono-fighting was rather gimmicky anyway and the replay isn't extraordinary :(

edit- oof didn't see lefties ignore this

EonX

Battle Soul
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-232291475 - maybe not the best match, but at least Band Gallade and Houndoom put in work. Also, random Defense drops are fun.

galbia, you forgot he was using BU Gallade: +1 4 SpA Reuniclus Psyshock vs. +1 252 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 150-177 (44.1 - 52%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery -- not quite as terrible, but that was still a bit of an odd play.

+1 4 SpA Reuniclus Psyshock vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Gallade: 223-264 (65.5 - 77.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Sorry for late reply, just noting you'd have to calc +1 252 HP / 4 Def Gallade, because it's Bulk Up..

Thanks for the feedback Tehy, currently tweaking that team to break stall better. Will post better replays in the future though.

One of the most stressful Ru games ever. Played against a Sticky Webs team with my Calm Mind Meloetta team. The Braviary had me sweating a bit but I managed to overcome. Oh, and for those wondering why Jellicent is S Rank in RU, here is why:

http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-258290661

Edit: Jellicent isn't S-Rank anymore :/

Last edited:

HypnoEmpire

Yokatta...
http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/ru-260329018

This was a pretty fun battle I had on the ladder vs Arifeen. I played his Magneton like a fiddle and got most of my preditions spot on. I feel like he should have played a bit more aggresively, especially with his Meloetta, as losing Medicham would have lost me a lot of the offensive pressure I was able to generate. Regardless, I felt like posting this battle because I dont have fun on the ladder very often. x_x

I was using a team Senpai D.M posted on the teambuilding competition thread and it's been working out pretty well for me. My biggest complaint is that I have to play very aggressively vs bulky waters as Torterra isn't a super reliable answer vs Alomomola and especially Jellicent, as Jellicent can burn Torterra reliably with wisp while effectively stalling it out and prevents Togetic from doing anything with Taunt.

Oh, and Torterra is a lord. Super solid mon.

Senpai D.M

さようなら
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thanks man, I feel like Balance in general is a little more harder to play and with this team I had momentum in mind [revenge kill, scare out threats] I also wanted to use something "fun instead of Mega steelix Flygon etc :] I like how you used the team and gg both sides

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)