[RU] Gen 6 RU team

Hi guys this is my second RMT and today i am going to waste your brain cells with this team. This is a balanced team with 3 walls, 1 setup sweeper, a scarfer and an offensive spinner.

Teambuilding process ( I have no idea how to be good at teambuilding so this part is pretty lol ):

Every RU team I ever make has Kabutops in it so when I started to make this team I chose Kabutops as my first team member for spinning duties while still being able to hit hard.

I added 2 walls to my team to take on alot of sweepers since Kabutops can't take alot of punishment and I wanted some pokemon to take on the best sweepers of RU.

My team was getting really ice weak so I added Klingklang for the Ice resistance and the ability to defeat any Ice type in the tier. I also thought about using Bronzong or Registeel but that would have made my team too defensive.

My team needed a scarfer because aside from Klinklang after a Shift Gear my team was pretty darn slow. Rotom-Mow was my choice because my team deals with most of his weaknesses.

The last member on my team was Spiritomb because he is one of the best walls in RU and his only weakness the Fairy type which could be dealt with by Klinklang and Amoongus.

In depth look:

Slice 'n Dice (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Ability: Weak Armor
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge

Kabutops was the first member of my team and on this team he is used as an offensive Rapid Spinner and attacker. The EVs are just max attack and speed for well power and speed. An Adamant nature was chosen over Jolly because i wanted to make Kabutops as strong as possible and I haven't really had problems with Pokemon that would outspeed me because i am not Jolly. Life Orb is my item of choice to again boost the power of his attacks. I had Assault Vest before Life Orb but i quickly changed it because Weak Armor + Assault Vest is a pretty stupid combo. The moveset is chose is fairly standard but it has been working well for me so i don't care that it's a common moveset. Rapid Spin is used for spinning because Druddigon doesn't like taking Stealth Rock and Spike damage all the time. Waterfall and Stone Edge are my main STAB's while Aqua jet is used for revenge killing low HP opponents.

Ban Druddigon (Druddigon) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk
Impish Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Dragon Tail
- Earthquake
- Glare

Druddigon is the main Physical wall on my team and I chose him because I wanted to try out am Druddigon + Amoonguss + Klinklang core ( It is not really a core but they just work well together ). The EVs are max defense and HP just so Druddigon can wall physical attackers as good as possible. Rough Skin is my ability of choice because defensive Druddigon has no use for Mold Breaker or Sheer Force. Stealth Rocks is the first move of choice because it is Stealth Rocks and without it Pokemon like Moltres and Delphox would just dominate my team. Dragon Tail is in the second slot because it can force out pokemon trying to set up on Druddigon and it works pretty well in combination with Stealth Rocks. Earthquake is not always that important but it is mainly used for Delphox and Cobalion who can otherwise set up on Druddigon if they have Substitute. The last moveslot goes to Glare because as I said Druddigon and Kabutops are pretty slow and sometimes Kabutops can even finish of a weakened team if a paralyzed the faster Pokemon.

Mushrooms Are Mean (Amoonguss) @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 176 SDef / 80 Def
Calm Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Spore
- Stun Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog

As I mentioned with Druddigon I chose Amoongus because I wanted to make a Druddigon + Amoonguss + Klinklang core. The EVs are kind of weird but i wanted to make Amoonguss a mixed wall because my physical wall is Druddigon and my special wall is Spiritomb. These EVs aren't something specific but it works and people in the RU room say it is good. Leftovers is chosen over Black Sludge because when a Pokemon gets a Black Sludge because of Trick it can just Trick the Black Sludge away to another one of my Pokemon leaving 2 of my Pokemon crippled. The moveset also looks a bit weird as you see but i'll explain it now. Spore is one of Amoonguss best moves and being able to make one of the opponent's fall asleep is always useful. Stun Spore is the second move on the set and while it may seem weird let me explain why i used it. When i Spore one opponent's Pokemon to sleep 9 times out of 10 they try to switch out into another Pokemon, then i Stun Spore on the switch and thus leave 2 of the opposing Pokemon crippled. As i said with Druddigon paralysis also helps overcome Kabutops and Druddigon's average speed and that makes it even more useful. Giga Drain is my third move on this set and it's pretty easy to understand why i have it because it gives some recovery and STAB Giga Drain can do decent damage. The last slot is Clear Smog to stop sweepers from setting up on Amoonguss. Clear smog hasn't been very useful lately since Stun Spore and Spore also stop setup sweepers but it has saved me a few times so I don't know if I should keep it or not. Out of all the Pokemon on this team Amoonguss has probably been one of the most useful to me so I definitely don't want to replace him unless I have to.

Grinds My Gears (Klinklang) @ Leftovers
Ability: Clear Body
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Shift Gear
- Gear Grind
- Return
- Wild Charge

Klinklang was chosen on my team because it had a valuable Ice resistance and I also wanted a setup sweeper on this team. With the EVs i maximized out attack and HP because I wanted to give him alot of power while still having some bulk to take hits. The lack of speed EVs doesn't really matter for me as after a Shift Gear I will have a speed stat of 432 which is quite alot. Leftovers was chosen over Life Orb as Leftovers gives Klinklang some needed survive ability while Life Orb only drains his life span. Gear Grind is the main STAB of choice as it really is the only physical Steel move he gets and it is quite a good Steel STAB. Return and Wild Charge are really the only coverage moves it gets but together with Gear Grind they provide good neutral coverage against nearly everything except for a few Pokemon like Steelix and Rotom. Overall while Klingklang may be underwhelming in power sometimes he does his job most of the time and of me team he probably made the most victims.

Just imagine this is a Rotom-Mow instead of normal Rotom because i couldn't find one.
Grass Terrorism (Rotom-Mow) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
IVs: 2 Atk / 30 SAtk / 30 Spd
- Trick
- Volt Switch
- Leaf Storm
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Rotom-Mow took the fifth spot on my team because my team was quite slow and i really needed a Choice Scarf user. In my opinion Rotom-Mow is the best scarfer in RU but that's besides the point. The EVs are not difficult to understand as it is just max speed and special attack with a Timid nature. The IVs give me Hidden Power Fire while taking as little damage from Foul Play and confusion as possible ( Not like there is any Foul Play user in RU but just to be safe ). The first move on this set is Trick as it allows me to beat Pokemon i normally cannot kill like Cresselia ( Fuck Cresselia though ). I thought about having Thunderbolt over Trick as i have no spammable STAB move but then i will have alot more problems with walls like that damn Cresselia. Volt Switch is my Electric move of choice as Volt Switch is just incredibly useful and helps get momentum early game. Leaf Storm speaks for itself as it is the only grass STAB Rotom-Mow gets so i'll just go talk about why the Muk i have Hidden Power Fire. The reason i chose Hidden Power Fire over Hidden Power Ice is because Hidden Power Fire provides really useful coverage against Escavelier and Abomasnow while still hitting Shaymin for decent damage which Hidden Power Ice can't. If i replaced Hidden Power Fire then suddenly Abomasnow and Escavelier would be almost impossible to beat so i won't ever replace it. In all the battles I had so far Rotom-Mow proved to be an incredibly useful member of my team so replacing him wouldn't be good at all.

Spooky Spook (Spiritomb) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 188 SDef / 252 HP / 68 SAtk
Calm Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Will-O-Wisp
- Dark Pulse

The last member of this team is Spiritomb as i wanted another wall and Spiritomb was easily able to fit on this team thanks to Klingklang and Amoongus handling his uncommon Fairy weakness. The EVs look weird but as with Amoonguss they have been working really well for me. The 68 special attack EVs are just so Spiritomb isn't setup fodder for pokemon that don't mind Will O Wisp that much. Originally i had Pressure over Infiltrator but Pressure wasn't much of a use since I never really had to PP stall at all and Infiltrator gives me the ability to hit Will O Wisp though Substitutes. Not being able to break substitutes can be annoying but Spiritomb usually stalls them down before he faints. Rest + Sleep Talk is used on this set over Pain Split as Pain Split is unreliable while Resttalk also allows Spiritomb to shrug of status like poison and burn. Will O Wisp is the third move and it allows me to burn every Pokemon that hates burn while Infiltrator even let's it go through substitutes. Dark Pulse is used as my last move so I am not Taunt bait and Dark Pulse hits surprisingly hard. I have changed out Dark Pulse and Shadow Ball quite a few times but now i chose Dark Pulse because it allows me to hit Exploud and other Normal types for neutral damage while being the same base power. Shadow Ball however allows me to hit Cobalion and Virizion without fearing a Justified boost and the special defense drops can always help in a stall match against something like Milotic. Spiritomb has been extremely useful and even solo'd a few teams by himself.

Threat list:

By far the biggest threat to my team. I usually have to sacrifice something to bring in Rotom-Mow safely and even then he needs to have taken some prior damage in order to get the kill.
This thing walls my team into oblivion. I usually have to trick this thing my Choice Scarf in order to even stand a chance. Spiritomb can wall it but loses to the Calm Mind version.
Same thing as with Cresselia. Spiritomb walls this even better but it can't hit the Calm Mind version back for much damage.
This thing is really annoying to face. Amoonguss can wall it but it can't do much back but even then it will fall to Seed Flare hax and Air Slah. Usually I just bombard it with attacks until it's gone.
Mega Abomasnow has the ability to 2 hit KO my entire team. Usually it is sacrifice the Pokemon that is the least useful to safely get it Klingklang.
Milotic isn't really a threat as much as it just is annoying to face. Usually this just ends up in either a Spiritomb or Amoonguss vs Milotic stall war.

That was my team and i hope you enjoyed reading this RMT. Feel free to suggest different Pokemon and sets i can use.

Ununhexium

I closed my eyes and I slipped away...
is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Yay someone posted a half decent team!!

On amoonguss I would run synthesis over stun spore. Synthesis is good reliable recovery for amoonguss which can be clutch sometimes even though you have regenerator. Also, give him black sludge to piss off trick users (got that rotom, take your scarf back)

I do t really have issues with klinklang and I like him a lot. He's just walled to hell and back by steel types which is why...

I recommend changing rotom mow to scarf moltres. Before you say "holy schnitzels he has a 4x SR weakness!!!" hear me out. You have two things that can "beat" steels. Moltres can beat steels and many things on your threat list. With three moves you can deal decent damage to most of the threat list (Fire blast hurricane and u-turn)

Escavalier is deep fried by fire blast

Cresselia takes a fair chunk from u-turn

Reuniclus takes a fair chunk from u-turn

Shaymin is pan seared by fire blast, blown out of the water by hurricane, and takes fair damage from u-turn

Abomasnow ^^

Milotic is still an issue

Spiritomb is okay, but I've never used him so who am I to judge

Hope I helped!!!!! :)

Yay someone posted a half decent team!!

On amoonguss I would run synthesis over stun spore. Synthesis is good reliable recovery for amoonguss which can be clutch sometimes even though you have regenerator. Also, give him black sludge to piss off trick users (got that rotom, take your scarf back)

I do t really have issues with klinklang and I like him a lot. He's just walled to hell and back by steel types which is why...

I recommend changing rotom mow to scarf moltres. Before you say "holy schnitzels he has a 4x SR weakness!!!" hear me out. You have two things that can "beat" steels. Moltres can beat steels and many things on your threat list. With three moves you can deal decent damage to most of the threat list (Fire blast hurricane and u-turn)

Escavalier is deep fried by fire blast

Cresselia takes a fair chunk from u-turn

Reuniclus takes a fair chunk from u-turn

Shaymin is pan seared by fire blast, blown out of the water by hurricane, and takes fair damage from u-turn

Abomasnow ^^

Milotic is still an issue

Spiritomb is okay, but I've never used him so who am I to judge

Hope I helped!!!!! :)
Thanks for the rate man.

I don't have Synthesis on Amoonguss because Regenrator already heals a fair amount and Amoongus can switch in and out quite alot. I also already have a slight problem with 4MSS because all the moves i have are really important.
I will definitely try out Moltres though, Cresselia can become even more or an issue and so can Milotic but being able to defeat Escavelier, Shaymin and Abomasnow seems really useful.

Ununhexium

is a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Smogon Media Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Just curious what does rotom have that moltres doesn't against cress other than trick?

Also, milotic is checked by klinklangs wild charge and can take some damage from giga drain. Also, hurricane still does a lot of damage.

Just curious what does rotom have that moltres doesn't against cress other than trick?

Also, milotic is checked by klinklangs wild charge and can take some damage from giga drain. Also, hurricane still does a lot of damage.
Well Rotom only had Trick and it usually ended up in a stall war with Cresselia vs Spiritomb.

Milotic is still checked by Klingklang's Wild Charge yeah but Scald burn is generally a bit too risky to stay in so I usually switch out unless I really need Milotic gone. And for how much Hurricane does i haven't really faced Milotic yet with Moltres. Speaking about Moltres he is doing really well and provides to be a valuable team member. Thanks for the Moltres suggestion.

Ununhexium

Maybe a calm mind resttalk dark pulse set on tomb. It acts a lot like crocune in UU but has no immunities and can stall out cresselia lacking moonblast and proceed to kill the rest of the team. It also counters reuniclus pretty hard. Its immune to psychic and focus blast and is neutral to shadow ball.

Maybe a calm mind resttalk dark pulse set on tomb. It acts a lot like crocune in UU but has no immunities and can stall out cresselia lacking moonblast and proceed to kill the rest of the team. It also counters reuniclus pretty hard. Its immune to psychic and focus blast and is neutral to shadow ball.
Calm Mind Spiritomb could be an option but Will O Wisp has been so useful for me against Pokemon like Escavelier, Durant, Bronzong and Druddigon that I don't want to drop it.

Snotjoch,

Para spread
Looking at your team the first idea I get is you are trying to para everyone in the opp team. This is a decent strategy but you need to have some power hitters in your team to make use of that speed drop.

for example:
  • Specs variants of Clawitzer, Yanmega, Typhlosion, Exploud, Sigilyph and the likes.
  • Band variants of Pangoro, Rhyperior, Tyrantrum
They don't need to be specs or band, could be life orb or expert belt with a setup move (in case of Tyrantrum and Sigilyph) if available and willing.

Wall breaker / Setup sweeper
Second thing that I see is only one of your team has a setup sweeper and he is not very famous at sweeping. Unless you have strong setup sweepers, you will have difficulty running through pokemons like Registeel (Curse variant), Spritomb (calm mind variant) and the likes. That is the reason you have difficulty with CM Cresselia (ban it plz) too.

for example:
  • CM variants of Delphox, Sigilyph, Cofagrigus(has nasty plot too), Reuniclus and the likes.
  • SD variants of Toxicroak, Barbaracle (has Shell smash too), Drapion and the likes.
  • There are various other variants like Quiver dancers, Dragon Dancers, Bulk up users, Coil users.
Team switch synergy
You have decent team switch synergy but you have two major weaknesses Fire and Ice(as you have noted too). Though I think a few changes to the team will make it better. You must be happy with Kyurem being banned tho ;)

I would suggest that you let go of Mushrooms Are Mean (Amoonguss), as it is an open welcome to Escavalier and it doesn't add much to your team outside of spore. With a lot of folks running Vital Spirit, Over coat and Rest talk mons I don't think putting one pokemon to sleep is that important to you. Though you have said that it has been your MVP, I think you can do better without it, or make it offensive.

Changes in my opinion
Please note that I don't want to give drastic changes to your team, as each one of us construct a team with a lot of thought and it shows our creativity. So I will suggest minor changes that will make your team a little better.
  • Drop rapid spin off Kabutops and replace with Swords Dance (tho i don't like it as a setup sweeper).
  • Change Slice 'n Dice (Kabutops) ability to Battle armor as your strategy doesnt need speed.
  • You don't need a spinner as your team is not rocks and toxic spikes weak, tho spikes could be troubling.
  • If you want a spinner, let go off Amoongus for Premier RU spinner AV Hitmontop.
  • Let go off Rotom-m for Dragon Dance Tyrantrum.
  • Drop will-o-wisp out off Spiritomb for calm mind, if you want it then give it Foul Play.

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Ability: Strong Jaw
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Crunch

Quick Fix
DD Tyrantrum alone wrecks all of the threats that you mentioned for your team except Mioltic which still takes a beating. Other than the minor changes if you want to see immediate results then drop amoonguss or rotom-m for Tyrantrum and you will win a lot more battles.

Last edited:

Ununhexium

Calm Mind Spiritomb could be an option but Will O Wisp has been so useful for me against Pokemon like Escavelier, Durant, Bronzong and Druddigon that I don't want to drop it.
All of those but druddigon are checked by moltres :)

Speaking of druddigon, you should add h to the threats list.

Snotjoch,

Looking at your team the first idea I get is you are trying to para everyone in the opp team. This is a decent strategy but you need to have some power hitters in your team to make use of that speed drop.

for example:
  • Specs variants of Clawitzer, Yanmega, Typhlosion, Exploud, Sigilyph and the likes.
  • Band variants of Pangoro, Rhyperior, Tyrantrum
They don't need to be specs or band, could be life orb or expert belt with a setup move (in case of Tyrantrum and Sigilyph) if available and willing.

Second thing that I see is only one of your team has a setup sweeper and he is not very famous at sweeping. Unless you have strong setup sweepers, you will have difficulty running through pokemons like Registeel (Curse variant), Spritomb (calm mind variant) and the likes. That is the reason you have difficulty with CM Cresselia (ban it plz) too.

for example:
  • CM variants of Delphox, Sigilyph, Cofagrigus(has nasty plot too), Reuniclus and the likes.
  • SD variants of Toxicroak, Barbaracle (has Shell smash too), Drapion and the likes.
  • There are various other variants like Quiver dancers, Dragon Dancers, Bulk up users, Coil users.

You have decent team switch synergy but you have two major weaknesses Fire and Ice(as you have noted too). Though I think a few changes to the team will make it better. You must be happy with Kyurem being banned tho ;)

I would suggest that you let go of Mushrooms Are Mean (Amoonguss), as it is an open welcome to Escavalier and it doesn't add much to your team outside of spore. With a lot of folks running Vital Spirit, Over coat and Rest talk mons I don't think putting one pokemon to sleep is that important to you. Though you have said that it has been your MVP, I think you can do better without it, or make it offensive.

Please note that I don't want to give drastic changes to your team, as each one of us construct a team with a lot of thought and it shows our creativity. So I will suggest minor changes that will make your team a little better.
  • Drop rapid spin off Kabutops and replace with Swords Dance (tho i don't like it as a setup sweeper).
  • Change Slice 'n Dice (Kabutops) ability to Battle armor as your strategy doesnt need speed.
  • You don't need a spinner as your team is not rocks and toxic spikes weak, tho spikes could be troubling.
  • If you want a spinner, let go off Amoongus for Premier RU spinner AV Hitmontop.
  • Let go off Rotom-m for Dragon Dance Tyrantrum.
  • Drop will-o-wisp out off Spiritomb for calm mind, if you want it then give it Foul Play.

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Crunch

DD Tyrantrum alone wrecks all of the threats that you mentioned for your team except Mioltic which still takes a beating. Other than the minor changes if you want to see immediate results then drop amoonguss or rotom-m for Tyrantrum and you will win a lot more battles.
Thanks for all the suggestions but if i change my team with all those suggestions my team will be filled with 4 Pokemon that rely on set up in order to sweep / break walls. The suggestions are very helpful though but as I can't edit my posts for some weird reason I will just post the changes here:

Spooky Spook (Spiritomb) @ Leftovers
Ability: Infiltrator
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SAtk
Serious Nature
- Rest
- Sleep Talk
- Calm Mind
- Dark Pulse
Nothing really changed here aside from the fact that i replaced Will O Wisp with Calm Mind and I gotta say it's probably the MVP of the team.

Slice 'n Dice (Kabutops) @ Life Orb
Ability: Battle Armor
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Stone Edge
Again nothing really changed here but i replaced Rapid Spin with Swords Dance like Gale Wings Srock said and it worked really well so far for wallbreaking / cleaning late game.

As for replacing Rotom-Mow I am not really sure what to replace it with:

Tyrantrum @ Life Orb
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
- Crunch
This set was suggested Gale Wings Srock and while it really helps with wallbreaking, Kabutops kind of does the same thing. Also Tyrantrum and Kabutops have similar weaknesses which doesn't really help either. I really want to use it but it just seems to fill the same hole Kabutops does. Or i should add this Pokemon as my final member:

Moltres @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Naive Nature
- U-turn
- Hurricane
- Fire Blast
- Hidden Power [Grass]
While Moltres does fit in my team nicely and can do something none of my other team members can, there is one big problem in Stealth Rocks. having a Moltres on your team would require me to run Rapid Spin on Kabutops again which in turn doesn't allow me to break walls anymore which bring me back where I started.

Of the two i have no idea which one to chose or if I should maybe even add a completely different Pokemon to my team. I would like a scarfer in my team since there is no real other way besides Kabutops's Aqua Jet to revenge kill Pokemon ( Which can sometimes not even be possible when facing something like Toxicroak ).

Also as someone mentioned Druddigon is indeed a threat but since I can't edit my posts i'll just leave it here:
Druddigon is a pretty big threat to my team as i really have nothing to hit it for super effective damage. Usually my strategy is just hammering it with attacks and taking advantage of the fact that it has no reliable recovery.

Ununhexium

Maybe on kabutops you could replace waterfall with rapid spin. Its actually the recommended set because it can clear hazards as well as clean late game with SD. Like, everybody uses rapid spin kabu.

Seriously, between the CM spiritomb and moltres, you basically eliminated your threats list bar druddigon.

Maybe on kabutops you could replace waterfall with rapid spin. Its actually the recommended set because it can clear hazards as well as clean late game with SD. Like, everybody uses rapid spin kabu.

Seriously, between the CM spiritomb and moltres, you basically eliminated your threats list bar druddigon.
Well Aqua Jet is a weak without boosts and as a wallbreaker Waterfall can handle walls that would normally be able to take an Aqua Jet like Rhyperior, Bronzong and Registeel. I could try it out but then I lose out on alot of wallbreaking abilities. Will try it out though.

Also with Druddigon i just repeatedly hammer it with attacks and eventually it will faint due to repeated attacks + entry hazard damage when it switches in. Also CM Cresselia is still a problem for my team as it can setup alongside Spiritomb and if it has Moonblast it outright win against Spiritomb. Klinklang can set up on it though if it didn't get too many boosts.

Okay Snotjoch if you don't like Tyrantrum because it shares weaknesses with your team and you need a scarfer then this guy works really well for you.

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Blaze
EVs: 248 Spd / 252 Atk / 8 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge

But he does not get through all of your threats. There is a CB set that does a little better in your case but it is risky.

Emboar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch

and I still think you should still consider scarf Tyrantrum, he outspeeds Toxicroak and kills it with EQ after SR damage.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang

My suggestion to you would be that, replace rotom-m with one of the sets that you like. For example the moltres set, the Emboar set or the Tyrantrum set. See which one works better in battle. What ususally happens is, in theory certain combinations look better but in battle they don't work out as you expect them to. So it is better to try out the replacements one by one. You will know when you have found the best replacement.

p.s: don't give Rapid spin to life orb Kabutops, its not cool to lose health for hazard removal.

Last edited:
Yay, someone else who is using Moltres! ;3;
I'd run a Mild nature on it though. It's a lot better to get the extra damage, cause you'll probably outspeed almost everything anyways.
Also, why don't you use a Cresselia yourself? I can say personally it's better than Spiritomb (Besides having Will-O-Wisp).
Cresselia @ Leftovers
EV: 252 HP, 150 Def, 102 SpD, 4 SpA (Bold, Calm)
Calm Mind
Moonlight OR Rest
Psyshock/Psychic
Moonblast/Toxic OR Sleep Talk
I've been using this in RU (As well as Mightyena. So glad RU is finally out ;-;) and I've actually swept so many teams with this baby. I kinda made it a Sleep Talking set like your Spiritomb, but eeh. It's a little weird for that purpose.
I don't know if you've considered running Cresselia, or if it's just a threat. Sorry for butting in, heh. >.>

Yay, someone else who is using Moltres! ;3;
I'd run a Mild nature on it though. It's a lot better to get the extra damage, cause you'll probably outspeed almost everything anyways.
Also, why don't you use a Cresselia yourself? I can say personally it's better than Spiritomb (Besides having Will-O-Wisp).
Cresselia @ Leftovers
EV: 252 HP, 150 Def, 102 SpD, 4 SpA (Bold, Calm)
Calm Mind
Moonlight OR Rest
Psyshock/Psychic
Moonblast/Toxic OR Sleep Talk
I've been using this in RU (As well as Mightyena. So glad RU is finally out ;-;) and I've actually swept so many teams with this baby. I kinda made it a Sleep Talking set like your Spiritomb, but eeh. It's a little weird for that purpose.
I don't know if you've considered running Cresselia, or if it's just a threat. Sorry for butting in, heh. >.>
Well i haven't considered running Cresselia but in my opinion Spiritomb is better. If i choose to run rest and sleep talk on that set I am walled by any dark type, but if I run Moonblast or Toxic being statused causes alot of problems. With Spiritomb however Dark Pulse hits every Pokemon in the game for some damage. I could consider Cresselia with Moonblast as it's only attack but Moonblast is weak without the boost.

About what Gale Wing Srock said. Thanks for the 3 suggestions I will try out all three of them and see which one fits my team the best. I already thought about using Emboar but I never really tried it on this team.

To Gale Wing Srock. I have tried out all 3 of the Pokemon you suggested and he is how I think about them:

Emboar @ Choice Scarf
EVs: 248 Spd / 252 Atk / 8 HP
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Superpower
- Flare Blitz
- Stone Edge
This Emboar set has been doing really well in the battles I have played with him. Emboar and his typing fit really well in this team since he creates a Fire Water Grass core with Kabutops and Amoonguss. Another reason why he has been working well is because he can beat Shaymin, Registeel and Bronzong who otherwise kind of wall my team. The speed Emboar gives with the Choice Scarf is also quite welcome on my team as it is quite a slow team. The power output of Choice Scarf Emboar is still pretty high which also helps with breaking through Shaymin, Registeel and Bronzong easier. I might switch out Stone Edge for Wild Charge because Milotic is a total troll to this team but Emboar is definitely a good Pokemon on this team.

Emboar @ Choice Band
Adamant Nature
- Flare Blitz
- Hammer Arm
- Earthquake
- Sucker Punch
Banded Emboar also did well on this team but it had a few more problems than Choice Scarf Emboar. First of all the big speed loss is really noticable as it leaves Emboar struggling against more offensive teams. Secondly while his wallbreaking power is fantastic, Choice Scarf Emboar also has great wallbreaking power but way more speed. Quite a few times I found myself not needing the extra but instead more speed.

Tyrantrum @ Choice Scarf
Adamant Nature
- Earthquake
- Crunch
- Dragon Claw
- Fire Fang
After using Tyrantrum I can say that while he is good on his own he just isn't great on this team. As I already mentioned in a previous post the weaknesses Kabutops and Tyrantrum both have can be really annoying at times. Also while Tyrantrum can check Bronzong, Shaymin and Registeel with Fire Fang, so can Emboar. While Tyrantrum is a good Pokemon and all he just doesn't really fit in my team.

Out of the 3 Choice Scarf Emboar would probably my pick because of the reasons I stated earlier. Also ever since I got rid of Rapid Spin on kabutops i've been seeing alot more Spikes and Sticky Web. Spikes can be troublesome for Druddigon as I mentioned but overall keeping offensive pressure can help against Spike stacking. As for Sticky Web it has been really threatening since most of my Pokemon weren't that fast to begin with. klinklang is a big fuck you to Sticky Web with clear body but Klinklang alone is not enough to beat Sticky Web.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)