[RU Beta] This Team Smells

Introduction
Hello, i'm Davon. I enjoy playing in every tier, and I have to say, RU is my favorite right now. I like RU because there are a variety of teambuilding options available; like trick room, rain, and sticky web. I've been experimenting with stall since RU came out. When RU first came out I would use the biggest threats in the tier such as sub-roost Kyurem, now I like to use pokes that don't see too much usage, but are still viable. I've accomplished a pretty good rating with this team, I've made it to 1504 ELO, putting me at 37 on the ladder. I named the team "This Team Smells" because after building it I noticed i'm using Muk which smells like shit, and Aromatisse which gives you a headache from the smell of perfume.

Team Preview

I started this team off with Muk. After looking at the RU thread, I wanted to try Lure Muk, which lures in rock types.

Cofagrigus was put on for its ability to setup toxic spikes, something new this gen. I also wanted a physical wall that could burn things that are immune to toxic spikes. It also acts as my spin blocker.

I needed a stealth rocker that could take on Gligar so my rocks don't disappear, so I opted for Seismitoad.

I wanted something that could abuse defog, so I went for Braviary. I needed a win condition that could win against opposing stall also, which Sub BU does.

Aromatisse is my special wall and cleric. It passes wishes so Muk, Seismitoad, and Cofagrigus can heal easier.

I needed an answer to setup sweepers, so I threw on Liepard whose encore locks them into setting up. Liepard is also a great answer to opposing stall breakers such as Reuniclus and Cresselia.

My team had no flying resist, and could easily be pressured by Tornadus. The best solution is to replace Braviary with Raikou.

In-Depth

Muk

Muk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 228 Atk / 248 HP / 32 Def
Brave Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Giga Drain
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Sneak

Muk was the first poke that I chose. I wanted to build a team around it after seeing this set in the RU thread. Basically, this set lures in rock types such as Carracosta, Rhyperior, and Barbaracle, and then can giga drain them for 4x super effective damage. Also, people like to bring in Escavalier on Muk, but little do they know Muk has fire punch. Even with a speed hindering nature, Muk still outspeeds Escavalier and Rhyperior, so I don't have to harm my bulk. Gunk shot is the STAB of choice as it hits the hardest and since it got a buff to 80% accuracy I might as well use it over poison jab, I mean 50% more damage for just 20% less accuracy seems reasonable to me. If gunk shot barely misses out on a kill, shadow sneak can pick off the remaining HP. Muk eats up incoming grass type attacks aimed at Seismitoad, and take poison attacks aimed at Aromatisse. The assault vest is extra helpful for taking an earth power from Shaymin so Muk can retaliate with a nice and clean gunk shot.
Sticky hold is a very useful ability to have on stall teams. It allows me to switch in on tricks from Rotom-mow and friends so that way none of my team has to be tricked a scarf. The last thing you want is for one of your walls to be locked into a move.

Synergy
-Psychic-

-Ground-
:pirate:

Cofagrigus

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 252 HP / 248 Def / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Cofagrigus got a new toy this gen in toxic spikes. I've never really been a fan of Cofagrigus, but figured i'd give it a shot in this team. Toxic spikes are really good on stall teams, I think every stall team should have toxic spikes this gen because you're giving permanent status to the opponent, since most of the time the opponent has to switch a couple times before defogging. I don't think regular spikes are mandatory on stall teams anymore since their effect is entirely gone from a defog. Shadow ball allows me to scare out the only magic bouncer in the tier (Xatu), allowing me to setup toxic spikes easier. Haze is useful for stopping setup, since lots of things like to sub on a will-o-wisp and then proceed to setup. Will-o-wisp is great for burning everything not affected by toxic spikes, such as Cobalion, Gligar, and Escavalier. Speaking of Escavalier, I run 8 spd evs just to speed creep all the base 30's in the tier; like Amoongus, Slowking, and Reuniclus. This allows me to get off a final move in instances where I can sac Cofag, also speed creeping is just pro. Cofag can take bug and fighting moves aimed at Liepard, and can take poison moves directed at Aromatisse.

Synergy
-Ghost-

-Dark-

Seismitoad

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 244 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk / 8 Spd
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Scald
- Earthquake
- Sludge Bomb

Seismitoad is my stealth rocker. Stealth rock is the main reason I use Seismitoad over Gastrodon. Earthquake also hits Raiku better after a calm mind than an earth power. I chose sludge bomb because I don't really need toxic since I have toxic spikes, so sludge bomb allows me to hit Shaymin super effective on the switch, forcing it to rest sooner. Scald is so I can burn things, status is always nice. I chose Seismitoad to be physically defensive because it lets me switch in on powerful stone edges, and physically defensive is usually just a better option for Seismitoad's typing. Although Roselia is rare in RU, I've been in a situation where I could've killed Roselia with an earthquake but it outspeeds Seismitoad by 1 point uninvested. Seismitoad is good for beating Gligar, so I can usually have my rocks up. Most stealth rock leads are weak to water, so Seismitoad usually forces a switch from the start. Seismitoad is also useful for ridding the opponent of their poison types so toxic spikes can stay on the field.

Synergy
-Grass-

Braviary Replaced by Raikou

Braviary

Braviary (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 196 SDef / 60 Spd
Careful Nature
- Substitute
- Roost
- Bulk Up
- Brave Bird

Braviary is my answer to opposing stall. This thing destroys stall, and can setup on multiple pokemon, such as Gligar, Alomomola, Amoongus, Milotic, Cofagrigus, and more. Its ability, defiant, comes in very handy. It allows me to turn a seed flare from Shaymin to an advantage, it allows me to pressure the opponent from defogging. 252 HP allows me to create 101 subs, which is great for pokes that rely on seismic toss for breaking substitutes. Since Muk lures in rock types and gets rid of them, this makes Braviary a very good partner since my only attacking move is brave bird. Substitute blocks toxics and will-o-wisps, so pokemon like Gligar are practically useless against Braviary. 60 spd evs allows me to outspeed base 85s like AV Toxicroak.

Synergy
-Electric-

-Ice-

Raikou

Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Shiny: Yes
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Raikou has been a really great addition to this team. Without Raikou I would encounter problems with flying pokemon, as I had no resist before. Tornadus used to just sweep through my team, but Raikou can stop Tornadus's reign (rain?) of terror. Raikou is a sub CM set, able to break stall pretty effectively. Muk works great with Raikou since it lures in ground types like gastrodon which wall Raikou. Muk also soaks up toxic spikes, meaning Raikou can set up without having to be worn down by poison. Raikou is shiny because shiny Raikou are usually event pokemon, so I can possibly trick my opponent into thinking it's a rash Raikou, but it's actually timid. EVs are pretty self explanatory, I just want to be able to outspeed as many things to sweep the opponent.

Synergy
-Ground-

Aromatisse

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 240 SDef / 252 HP / 16 spd
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Aromatisse is the go-to cleric in RU. It was great when Kyurem was in the tier, now that it's left it is still a great support mon. Aromatherapy is useful just incase Raikou gets status'd, because when Raikou is on the field it is usually in for a long time, so I don't want toxic to rack up. It can stall very nicely if there are toxic spikes on the field, as this is a very hard pokemon to ohko. Wish heals the rest of my team, which is important since my other walls don't reliable healing. Aromatisse also acts as a knock off sponge, resisting it and being able to heal it off. 16 spd evs are to outspeed uninvested base 30's to get off a last wish or moonblast if I need to. The rest goes into special defense and hp because I need a special wall that can take dark pulses from Spiritomb. Aromatisse is also great because it synergizes perfectly with Seismitoad, it can take steel and poison type moves. The only thing that I need to watch out for the Seismitoad-Aromatisse core is Amoonguss.

Synergy
-Steel-

-Poison-

Liepard

Liepard (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Liepard is something you might not expect on a stall team, but it has the ability to lock setup sweepers into their boosting move, which is huge for stall. It allows me to get past those pesky stall breakers that would other wise give me lots of trouble, such as Reuniclus and Cresselia. It also packs a STAB knock off that is not only great utility for wearing down the opponent, but it's a great attack that deals great damage. U-turn is great because (most of the time) the opponent switches out when they get encored into their boosting move. If they don't switch out I can always go into Cofag to haze the boosts. I use sucker punch for priority because you never know when a situation can get dicey, it's also great for scarfed Delphox, which if it isn't scarfed I can safely knock off. I opted for attack instead of HP because 3 of my moves are attacks and it only makes knock off more crippling.

Synergy
-Bug-

-Fighting-

-Fairy-

Conclusion
Overall I really like this team, it's pretty unique and does very well. I have no ice resists, but I don't think I really need it because now that Kyurem is gone there aren't really many ice types. The only ice type I can think off the top of my head is Froslass, which is handled by Muk.
Exploud: Exploud can 2HKO my entire team with specs. The best way to deal with it is to toxic stall with Aromatisse and hope you don't get critted.
Dugtrio: I have to play around dugtrio so Muk isn't trapped, usually I switch out to seismitoad whenever I predict Dugtrio to trap Muk.
Amoongus: I always have to put something to sleep to bring in Muk. It also messes up Seismitoad-Aromatisse core.
Raiku with HP grass: I have to keep Muk healthy and be careful of pressure stalling.

-Braviary was changed to Raiku for its ability to stop flying types.

29 on ru.png

Muk @ Assault Vest
Ability: Sticky Hold
EVs: 228 Atk / 248 HP / 32 Def
Brave Nature
- Gunk Shot
- Giga Drain
- Fire Punch
- Shadow Sneak

Cofagrigus @ Leftovers
Ability: Mummy
EVs: 248 Def / 252 HP / 8 Spd
Bold Nature
- Haze
- Toxic Spikes
- Will-O-Wisp
- Shadow Ball

Seismitoad @ Leftovers
Ability: Water Absorb
EVs: 244 Def / 252 HP / 4 Atk / 8 Spd
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Scald
- Sludge Bomb

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Substitute
- Calm Mind
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]

Aromatisse @ Leftovers
Ability: Aroma Veil
EVs: 240 SDef / 252 HP / 16 Spd
Calm Nature
- Aromatherapy
- Wish
- Protect
- Moonblast

Liepard (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 SDef
Jolly Nature
- Encore
- U-turn
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch

Attachments

Last edited:

atomicllamas

but then what's left of me?
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Top Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnus
Hey this is actually like a really cool team, and it looks really hard to break (thank you for posing a good RU team in here @_@). That being said, I do think that the main problem with your team right now is actually your lack of flying resists, as something like Tornadus can come in, and depending on the set it can 2hko your entire team by just spamming Hurricane (nothing really likes switching into knock off or an itemless Acrobatics either). This is exacerbated by the fact that you have no hazard control on your team, so things will be worn down when Tornadus comes in late game to clean. Your team also struggles with opposing Braviary, and even some less common things like Fletchinder, once Seismitoad and Cofagrigus are worn down. To deal with this, I would suggest replacing your Braviary with Calm Mind Raikou, which will really help you out against things like Tornadus, Braviary and Fletchinder, while it also has a cool secondary benefit of beating defog users (unlike Braviary, if you can get Raikou in against the most common defoggers you can force them out).

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

While you do lose your only ground resist and replace it with a weakness, it wasn't like Braviary was beating many of the Ground-types in RU, and this set is pretty cool in conjunction with Hot N Cold's AV Muk set which lures in Rhyperior and other Pokemon that can handle HP Ice / Thunderbolt. Shiny is just there to make people think you are an even Raikou and therefore Rash. This change is probably not completely necessary, as your team is already very solid, but I think it is definitely something worth testing.

Good luck with the team :)

Hey this is actually like a really cool team, and it looks really hard to break (thank you for posing a good RU team in here @_@). That being said, I do think that the main problem with your team right now is actually your lack of flying resists, as something like Tornadus can come in, and depending on the set it can 2hko your entire team by just spamming Hurricane (nothing really likes switching into knock off or an itemless Acrobatics either). This is exacerbated by the fact that you have no hazard control on your team, so things will be worn down when Tornadus comes in late game to clean. Your team also struggles with opposing Braviary, and even some less common things like Fletchinder, once Seismitoad and Cofagrigus are worn down. To deal with this, I would suggest replacing your Braviary with Calm Mind Raikou, which will really help you out against things like Tornadus, Braviary and Fletchinder, while it also has a cool secondary benefit of beating defog users (unlike Braviary, if you can get Raikou in against the most common defoggers you can force them out).

Raikou @ Leftovers
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Def
Timid Nature
- Thunderbolt
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Substitute
- Calm Mind

While you do lose your only ground resist and replace it with a weakness, it wasn't like Braviary was beating many of the Ground-types in RU, and this set is pretty cool in conjunction with Hot N Cold's AV Muk set which lures in Rhyperior and other Pokemon that can handle HP Ice / Thunderbolt. Shiny is just there to make people think you are an even Raikou and therefore Rash. This change is probably not completely necessary, as your team is already very solid, but I think it is definitely something worth testing.

Good luck with the team :)
Thanks for the rate! You are definitely right about my flying weakness. I've tested out Raiku in place of Braviary, and I have to say, I quite like it. Having Raiku over Braviary does make me more weak to Shaymin, though. Overall, I think it would be better to have Raiku because Tornadus does just roll over my team. Also, a lot of the pokes that are ground type braviary cant usually setup on anyways, like Rhyperior or dugtrio since they carry stone edge. I think Raiku goes really well with the team, especially with muk since it absorbs toxic spikes and lures troublesome ground types. While testing the team with Raiku, I've also made a new peak at 1524, #29 on the ladder! I'll be editing the the OP to include Raiku.

Alright I received your request! This is honestly one of the better teams in the current metagame! This said, it is absurdly ground weak. Rock Polish +2 Rhyperior or CB Golurk is gonna take mad dumps in the truck on your team. Outside of that, there are 0 threats which haven't yet been covered, but I do feel that two sets could be mildly improved, and I congratulate you for making such a good team.

The easiest thing to do for your team is to change Cofagrigus to Pivot Tangrowth. It appears that Cofagrigus is your physically defensive check to the majority of the metagame. However, its lack of any recovery in tangent with the fact that its typing doesn't synergize with your team anyways (Poison is dealt with by Muk + Toad, Bug by Muk + Aroma, Fighting by Muk + Aroma). You may think that a lack of T-Spikes is an issue, but the fact is that with Defog + common-ness of Amoonguss, Drapion, and Muk, it is very unlikely they will stay up to create any relavant pressure. Setup sweepers also have a difficult time setting up against your offensive core or getting past this defensive core anyways, which means Haze is mildly irrelevant. Overall as a defensive pivot, Tangrowth synergizes better with your team, doesn't rely on wish passes to recover and take more force, and does everything that Cofagrigus did with the added bonus of sleep powder and an amazing ground resist!

Minor Changes:
Seismitoad: Toxic / Knock Off > Sludge Bomb, as you do not do much to grass types anyways, and frankly shouldn't be staying in. As a utilitoad, your goal is to offer as much utility as possible, and Toxic and Knock Off both have respective advantages in supporting your team.
Liepard: Pursuit > Knock Off / Sucker Punch, as the one advantage PivotPard has to brag about is a respectably strong pursuit, allowing it to remove a lot of Ghosts and Psychics it forces out permanantly for the match, offering the classic "Encore + Pursuit PivotPard" Utility that all us NU guys love. Oh dread plate is cool too to aid in hitting a bit harder off your main stabs, but isn't mandatory.

Really hope this helped! :] Great team!

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
- Power Whip / Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Earthquake / Knock Off / Hidden Power [Fire]

Hey, so i see you have a team here. yep it sure is a team. i can tell you things i think ok.

first off change raikou's font plz xD orange or something? yeah yellow isnt working for me :P

liking the seis tho, good memories. i also like the liepard, wonder where you got that idea lolol but i do not think you should run sucker punch. instead i might suggest twave cuz if you're gettin swept late game by some scarfer or sharpedo or yanmega or something of the sort you could clutch paralyze it be like what up. wait i also just realized you have tspikes and im silly, darn.

forget about the whole change sucker punch to twave thing. i disagree with all of brawlfest's suggestions lol definitely don't put tangrowth tspikes can easily be set up again and its not just that simple to defog. when the opponent has to defog you could set up with raikou or just do something else that is productive in game. cofagrigus has a normal and fighting immunity which is fricken sweet there are many fighting types in the tier, ambipom, cinccino etc. cofagrigus checks escavalier and whatever else you named as you said. but escavalier alone is huge.

as for liepard DO NOT put pursuit>SP keep SP for sure. as you said it kills faster things and the one change in gonna say to liepard is
Black glasses>leftovers because it makes your stabs much stronger, you dont really need the recovery since you wont be taking hits and you can switch into rocks more times than you will need (maybe not since stall :P)
if you know/think someones gonna switch go for the knock off or u-turn mah man.

dont put toxic on seis either and ofc you know not to put knock off. you dont want to knock off shaymin because life orb kind of hinders it as well wearing it down forcing it to rest or something. sludge bomb because you can WHACK it on the switch in and more than likey get some poison hax cuz of my switch out hax theory! on top of that if it is life orb, standard set, you can switch to muk and get even more residual dmg!
0 SpA Seismitoad Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Shaymin: 112-134 (32.7 - 39.1%)

thats about it, other than that i would say nice try ;)

jk you know me.

ps didnt mean to go against brawlfest completely but yeah, opinions

as i read what he said about golruk just now, he is very right, golurk is a threat ohkoing most of your team w/ eq, 2hkoing the rest.
252+ Atk Choice Band Golurk Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Cofagrigus: 144-171 (45 - 53.4%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

now that i think about it, ground types are trying to bring you down man. last second thought: consider whimsicott>liepard

oh god did i just say that
-yep
oh, well i mean i guess it could work and fit on his team
-wow really, pathetic
i know i know
-no no no you dont, contributing to a stall team... you arent my son anymore
aw mayne

Hey, so i see you have a team here. yep it sure is a team. i can tell you things i think ok.

first off change raikou's font plz xD orange or something? yeah yellow isnt working for me :P

liking the seis tho, good memories. i also like the liepard, wonder where you got that idea lolol but i do not think you should run sucker punch. instead i might suggest twave cuz if you're gettin swept late game by some scarfer or sharpedo or yanmega or something of the sort you could clutch paralyze it be like what up. wait i also just realized you have tspikes and im silly, darn.

forget about the whole change sucker punch to twave thing. i disagree with all of brawlfest's suggestions lol definitely don't put tangrowth tspikes can easily be set up again and its not just that simple to defog. when the opponent has to defog you could set up with raikou or just do something else that is productive in game. cofagrigus has a normal and fighting immunity which is fricken sweet there are many fighting types in the tier, ambipom, cinccino etc. cofagrigus checks escavalier and whatever else you named as you said. but escavalier alone is huge.

as for liepard DO NOT put pursuit>SP keep SP for sure. as you said it kills faster things and the one change in gonna say to liepard is
Black glasses>leftovers because it makes your stabs much stronger, you dont really need the recovery since you wont be taking hits and you can switch into rocks more times than you will need (maybe not since stall :P)

dont put toxic on seis either and ofc you know not to put knock off. you dont want to knock off shaymin because life orb kind of hinders it as well wearing it down forcing it to rest or something. sludge bomb because you can WHACK it on the switch in and more than likey get some poison hax cuz of my switch out hax theory! on top of that if it is life orb, standard set, you can switch to muk and get even more residual dmg!

jk you know me.

as i read what he said about golruk just now, he is very right, golurk is a threat ohkoing most of your team w/ eq, 2hkoing the rest.
252+ Atk Choice Band Golurk Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Cofagrigus: 144-171 (45 - 53.4%) -- 90.2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery

now that i think about it, ground types are trying to bring you down man. last second thought: consider whimsicott>liepard

-yep
-wow really, pathetic
i know i know
aw mayne
Hey NUT :]

a) Whimisicott opens up weaknesses to Psychic, Dark, and Ghost to the team.
b) Toad actually can switch into escavalier at least once, which is enough to wear it down. Also
252+ Atk Choice Band Escavalier Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cofagrigus: 260-306 (81.2 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Not a check. Oh and HP Fire from tangrowth fucks Esca so thats cool too. The fact is that Cofagrigus is worn down too quickly to check multiple physical attackers, and its lack of recovery or utility as well as lack of synergy with your team really makes it deadweight.
c) That toad calc is weak as shit. As I was saying, a 3HKO is nothing, especially if you are considering a non LO shaymin (sub) or just the fact rest is so good. Also without LO to wear it down, it also become shitfaced weak, I mean look at this calc.
252 SpA Shaymin Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Muk: 110-130 (26.6 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Guaranteed 4HKO.
His team lacks any status outside of unreliable t-spikes, which is why I reccomended toxic to help wear down more annoying walls.
d)BlackGlasses > Lefties +1 :]

Oh wow nice team. I really enjoy how you made sure that almost all your Pokemon worked with each other, in weaknesses, moves and more. The only real problem I see is how anyone can just spam ground attacks without an immunity or resist. Otherwise you have a nice format that looks like you put a lot of work into this and a solid team. Do you mind if I "borrow" your team? I really want to try out most of these Pokes just from looking at this.

Hey NUT :]

a) Whimisicott opens up weaknesses to Psychic, Dark, and Ghost to the team.
b) Toad actually can switch into escavalier at least once, which is enough to wear it down. Also
252+ Atk Choice Band Escavalier Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Cofagrigus: 260-306 (81.2 - 95.6%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
Not a check. Oh and HP Fire from tangrowth fucks Esca so thats cool too. The fact is that Cofagrigus is worn down too quickly to check multiple physical attackers, and its lack of recovery or utility as well as lack of synergy with your team really makes it deadweight.
c) That toad calc is weak as shit. As I was saying, a 3HKO is nothing, especially if you are considering a non LO shaymin (sub) or just the fact rest is so good. Also without LO to wear it down, it also become shitfaced weak, I mean look at this calc.
252 SpA Shaymin Earth Power vs. 248 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Muk: 110-130 (26.6 - 31.4%) -- guaranteed 4HKO
Guaranteed 4HKO.
His team lacks any status outside of unreliable t-spikes, which is why I reccomended toxic to help wear down more annoying walls.
d)BlackGlasses > Lefties +1 :]
a) Actually i dont think whimsicott opens any weaknesses really, obviously liepard resists their stabs but he can't switch in so I'm not sure how you're thinking bout that. he does hit them hard and all but again idk how he will get in vs them (cuz no pivot ;P). also with whimsicott it could possibly run a bulky set and take neutral hits better and pose as an annoying whimsicott xD. but meh, liepard is good and probably fine as it is, your call
b) here come the specifics :P im gonna calc adamant banded escavalier as well aha
252+ Atk Choice Band Escavalier Megahorn vs. 252 HP / 244+ Def Seismitoad: 288-340 (69.5 - 82.1%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
uh yeah he can switch in on escav once for sure...nahbrah unless he hasnt taken any damage at all or something seis is not really a counter or something to take it on as well at that, look
4 Atk Seismitoad Earthquake vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Escavalier: 100-118 (29 - 34.3%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Seismitoad Scald vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Escavalier: 73-87 (21.2 - 25.2%) -- 98.4% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
well i guess since there could be hax to rely on in the scald burn 30%, megahorn miss 85%, and the crit from eq or scald 6.25%
lol all those chances in one turn is normal for poke w0w
Also. you totally did a calc with the strongest possible move for escav to hit cofag with and you didnt even have the right cofag evs ahaha cant just use the usage silly :P heres how i see it
252+ Atk Choice Band Escavalier Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Cofagrigus: 200-236 (62.5 - 73.7%)
252+ Atk Choice Band Escavalier Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Cofagrigus: 134-158 (41.8 - 49.3%) -- 84.4% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
looks like cofag still isnt a counter right? wrooong cofag is faster with base 30 escav base 20 meaning you can outspeed and wilo and unless you miss look at these calcs
252+ Atk Choice Band burned Escavalier Knock Off (97.5 BP) vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Cofagrigus: 100-118 (31.2 - 36.8%)
252+ Atk Choice Band burned Escavalier Knock Off vs. 252 HP / 248+ Def Cofagrigus: 67-79 (20.9 - 24.6%) -- 92.8% chance to 4HKO after Stealth Rock
cofag cant really switch into knock off but looking at the team im thinking most of the time if escav is banded i dont see what it would go for the knock off on? maybe muk before he knows the ability? or are they generally predicting the switch? anywho if it is cofag vs escav on a double down or something idk but they are both full health and everything cofag could burn him and sweat off a hit and go out into muk and be able to wish pass if either of them get low.
know what i mean?
also you said tangrowth>cofag? that just increases the huge weakness to escav lol.
c) you've gotta be kidding!
0 SpA Seismitoad Sludge Bomb vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Shaymin: 112-134 (32.7 - 39.1%) -- 99.7% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
if he gets the poison shaymin is forced to rest or switch eventually, or tspikes could be up and he wont go for sub. thats a good chunk + more than likely poison. shaymin can be very annoying so ive found thats just why im defending it so much xD
odam rash idea post: hp fire toad for grass and steels like escav and ferroseed which 1 hits escav patching it that much more lol & 2 makes it vaible vs more hazard setter ahaha lets see
0 SpA Seismitoad Hidden Power Fire vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Shaymin: 76-90 (22.2 - 26.3%) -- possible 5HKO after Stealth Rock and Leftovers recovery
0 SpA Seismitoad Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 252+ SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 84-100 (28.7 - 34.2%) -- 45.3% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
0 SpA Seismitoad Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 0 SpD Eviolite Ferroseed: 116-140 (39.7 - 47.9%) -- 2% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Seismitoad Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Assault Vest Escavalier: 100-120 (29 - 34.8%) -- 99.8% chance to 3HKO after Stealth Rock
4 SpA Seismitoad Hidden Power Fire vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Escavalier: 148-176 (43 - 51.1%) -- 95.3% chance to 2HKO after Stealth Rock
hahaha this is starting to sound better to me be you should try it davon :D dude that would be so pro in a surprise clutch moment
Also tspikes are usually only unreliable if you cant get them set up asap or they have a poison type, and poison types arent tooo tooo common outside of toxicroak and some others. defog isnt too much of a problem ya know gives you more momentum to do what you want like wish, switch, kill them, etc
I agree that muk can pretty much handle shaymin :)
d) I read the part about you having dread plate liepard right after i posted lol i woulda been like awwwww yeah brawl already knows

My responses are long lol i like to go in depth and all soz also i like calcing like tiz fun

once again i dont wanna come across as arguing every point you make just having a general discussion.

im tired, night

Alright I received your request! This is honestly one of the better teams in the current metagame! This said, it is absurdly ground weak. Rock Polish +2 Rhyperior or CB Golurk is gonna take mad dumps in the truck on your team. Outside of that, there are 0 threats which haven't yet been covered, but I do feel that two sets could be mildly improved, and I congratulate you for making such a good team.

The easiest thing to do for your team is to change Cofagrigus to Pivot Tangrowth. It appears that Cofagrigus is your physically defensive check to the majority of the metagame. However, its lack of any recovery in tangent with the fact that its typing doesn't synergize with your team anyways (Poison is dealt with by Muk + Toad, Bug by Muk + Aroma, Fighting by Muk + Aroma). You may think that a lack of T-Spikes is an issue, but the fact is that with Defog + common-ness of Amoonguss, Drapion, and Muk, it is very unlikely they will stay up to create any relavant pressure. Setup sweepers also have a difficult time setting up against your offensive core or getting past this defensive core anyways, which means Haze is mildly irrelevant. Overall as a defensive pivot, Tangrowth synergizes better with your team, doesn't rely on wish passes to recover and take more force, and does everything that Cofagrigus did with the added bonus of sleep powder and an amazing ground resist!

Minor Changes:
Seismitoad: Toxic / Knock Off > Sludge Bomb, as you do not do much to grass types anyways, and frankly shouldn't be staying in. As a utilitoad, your goal is to offer as much utility as possible, and Toxic and Knock Off both have respective advantages in supporting your team.
Liepard: Pursuit > Knock Off / Sucker Punch, as the one advantage PivotPard has to brag about is a respectably strong pursuit, allowing it to remove a lot of Ghosts and Psychics it forces out permanantly for the match, offering the classic "Encore + Pursuit PivotPard" Utility that all us NU guys love. Oh dread plate is cool too to aid in hitting a bit harder off your main stabs, but isn't mandatory.

Really hope this helped! :] Great team!

Tangrowth @ Leftovers
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SDef
- Power Whip / Giga Drain
- Sleep Powder
- Leech Seed
- Earthquake / Knock Off / Hidden Power [Fire]
Thanks for the rate, Brawlfest! Tangrowth does synergize pretty well with my team, thanks for the suggestion. Shaymin does become more of a problem though since toxic spikes are gone, overall though, my team really needs a ground resist and Tangrowth really fits that spot. Since i'm going with the Tangrowth suggestion, you're right that i'm going to need to put toxic on Seismitoad, since there is no other way to toxic the opponent now that toxic spikes are gone. I'm going to change sucker punch to pursuit, it really helps out, and if delphox is scarfed anyways it will be locked into psyshock, or I could switch to seismitoad/aromatisse if it goes for flamethrower. ill edit the post to include tangrowth and your changes.

jk you know me.

-yep
-wow really, pathetic
i know i know
aw mayne
Thank for the rate man :]
Raikou's text is changed to orange, I like it better orange anyways. I actually don't think sucker punch is going to be as useful as pursuit is, I mean, trapping reuniclus is nice since the only thing on my team that can take it on is Raikou after some calm minds. I'm choosing black glasses, youre right that the extra damage is good, plus liepard isn't really known for taking hits and living anyways... I'm going to have to go with Brawlfest this time because my team is in desperate need of a ground resist :p. The set on cofagrigus wasn't working out too well since I cant have toxic spikes and pain split so cofagrigus was getting real worn down, especially after knock off.

Oh wow nice team. I really enjoy how you made sure that almost all your Pokemon worked with each other, in weaknesses, moves and more. The only real problem I see is how anyone can just spam ground attacks without an immunity or resist. Otherwise you have a nice format that looks like you put a lot of work into this and a solid team. Do you mind if I "borrow" your team? I really want to try out most of these Pokes just from looking at this.
I don't mind at all if you "borrow" my team lol. I actually really like it when people use my teams.

You're going to have to rework your team a little here. Raikou has just been banned from the RU tier. RU's best Scarfer is in UU now :(.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)