HeatLead
~thunderbolt/discharge
~overheat
~shadowball
~HP fighting
@life orb
4 HP/252 SpA/252 Speed
+Speed/-Atk nature

This set works as a decent lead because it can take down common leads like bronzong, ninjask, and azelf. This set can also score a surprise kill on a tyranitar or heatran thinking that it can easily wall rotom-h. This set is also much faster than people expect so it can occasionally score a surprise KO.

Tyranitar can also be a treath to Rotom-H since Tyranitar has the Sand Stream ability
treath? I think you are looking for threat unless treath is a totally different word that is a synonym to threat (which could actually be the case haha) (im bumping because i need to see this analysis for a team lol)

Here's a set I've been using for a long time that actually works amazingly well for the concept.

[SET]
name: Iron Ball Trick
move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Shadow Ball/HP Ground
move 3: Overheat
move 4: Trick
item: Iron Ball
nature: Modest
evs: 252 HP/104 Spe/ a52 SpAtk

[Set Comments]

This set is one that people always seem to think is gimicky, but in use it actually works well. The set works best on a team with a rapid spinner, since with Iron Ball, Rotom gets hit by spikes/toxic spikes. The Iron Ball halves Rotoms speed, and makes him vulnerable to ground moves. But after tricking it onto another Pokemon, it becomes a powerhouse, with a new item and the other Pokemon completely crippled. The set works well against sweepers, of all varieties.

Shadow Ball is important for the set because it lets it have super effective hits on Pokmeon like Azelf after slowing them down. When it does lower special defense, it gives the set a major boost in breaking walls like Cresselia and Dusknoir.

HP Ground is a bit more gimicky, but still works well with the set. It provides a super effective hit on Zapdos, but it still can't 3HKO. On Heatran, the boost is major after tricking Iron Ball onto it. Overall, Shadow Ball is still the superior choice.

For counters, Iron Ball Trick can't switch in on some Pokemon like Gengar or Weavile and hope to survive. Tyranitar stops it cold, and it can't switch in on ground moves, so some Pokemon like Gliscor and Hippowdon can sometimes outstall him.

Charge beam is mentioned in other options even though there is a set built around it.

I don't know the policy of mentioning Skymin in analyses but its mentioned in the Choice set.

[SET]
name: Standard
move 1: Thunderbolt / Discharge
move 2: Shadow Ball / Hidden Power Fighting
move 3: Overheat
move 4: Reflect / Will-O-Wisp
item: Leftovers
ability: Levitate
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 88 Spe / 168 Def

[SET COMMENTS]

<p>This is the standard set for Rotom-H, easily the best Rapid Spin blocker in the metagame. Choosing between Thunderbolt and Discharge is, of course, a matter of personal preference for the higher paralysis chance or power. It should be noted that Discharge can help cripple Heatran, who is often lured out by Rotom-H. Shadow Ball provides a decent attack on Rotom, which can probably do much more damage on a Starmie that will try to come in and blow away your set-up Spikes or Stealth Rock; or you can use Hidden Power Fighting if you want to be able to handle Heatran better, but it won't be as helpful as Shadow Ball will. (Why not try rewording this to something like: "Shadow Ball is a decent attack on Rotom-H for nailing common Rapid Spinners like Donphan and Starmie. However, Hidden Power Fighting is a good choice if you want to be able to handle Heatran switching in.") Overheat should be a keeper on the set, to provide you with physical coverage against Pokemon like Lucario and Scizor; hitting them with Overheat will OHKO every single time. Will-O-Wisp is a great move on Rotom-H, there is nothing better than spreading random burns in your opponent's teams. Reflect works on Rotom-H as well, for helping the whole team against physical hits that can be troublesome. The given Speed EVs are meant to outspeed Adamant max Speed Scizor and Tyranitar, for faster Will-O-Wisps against these and other threats.</p>

also just a question, but does it need to be called "choice, 3 attacks"? there is no other choice set which of course means there is no choice set with 4 attacks. Just call it "Choice", I am pretty certain that we are going for "as much as possible in as little wording".

this is really no big deal though, feel free to ignore my ramblings ^_^

I've been running this set lately (essentially the standard with a varied moveset), and it's been working amazingly.

move 1: Thunderbolt
move 2: Overheat
move 3: Reflect
move 4: WoW
item: Leftovers
ability: Levitate
nature: Bold
evs: 252 HP / 88 Spe / 168 Def

I don't really think it's that big of a difference to really necessitate it's own description, but it really does work well. Since Heatran often switches in on Rotom-h to snag a Flash Fire boost, you can scout with Reflect to check and see if they have it on their team. If they don't, you'll already have boosted your def to take on the Tyranitar or Weavile or whatever else they've switched in, and you can then follow up by burning their counter. Aside from quartering your opponent's attack, WoW in addiiton to Reflect allows you to not only support your team, but to status the bulker counters that your opponent may switch in (like Swampert or Hippowdon or whatever). They assume you only have Reflect, and wil be surprised and essentially crippled when you end up burning something.

I've found that Shadow Ball isn't really needed at all on the standard set - the only time I ever miss it is when they switch in some ground that I can't hit for much damage with Fire Blast...but then WoW covers that problem. Thunderbolt its Heatran for almost as much damage as HP Fighting does, and WoW entirely cripples Tyranitar, the only other reason to really have it (you outspeed it as well). Jimbo can attest to how useful and annoying this thing is; it at least deserves mention in other options.

The EVs should be listed as HP / Atk / Def / SpA / SpD / Spe. Speed is last.

In the counters, the Hidden Power Ground references around Heatran are repetitive. Take out the "Speaking of Hidden Power Ground."

Rest Talk < RestTalk in the counters section also.

I'll nitpick later. It looks good so far. Nice job.

maddog

is a master debater
is a Contributor Alumnus
I'll go ahead and work on this for Venom, as he is n/a right now. I'll fix it up in a couple of days.

As for the Choice Scarf Rotom, I find this EV spread to work much better.

Modest
136 HP / 224 Spd / 148 SpA

With this EV spread, Rotom is still stronger than a Timid Rotom, still able to outspeed base 130 Pokemon with it's Scarf, and adds much needed bulk to the Rotom. Rotom-h has great defenses, but low HP. Even hits from not very effective attacks leave a large dent when you only invest 4 HP.

Havak

I'm the Best. You're a Towel.
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I guess he means the Special Attack stat..

252 Timid tops at 309.
148 Modest has 311.

But you're unable to out-speed the likes of Choice Scarf Heracross, Heatran etc. I'm not sure if the added bulky is really worth it, but if you're running Trick it could be...

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)