Rotom Forms

Basically a nerf to most Rotom formes, though Rotom-W seemed to get a good deal with STAB Hydro Pump. They used to be the premier spinblockers of the metagame, now who knows what people will use.

Just a question.

Would I violate the species clause if I had a rotom-a plus rotom team in gen 5, since they're all different dual types now?

I guessing probably not, it'd be similar to having a eeveelution I guess lol.

But I'd like a confirmation.

i could see a rotom-lution team lol

Do the different forms still have the increased stats that regular rotom lacks? or are they all the same now?

Do the different forms still have the increased stats that regular rotom lacks? or are they all the same now?
The Rotom forms still have the same stats. The only thing that's appeared to change is the types.

meh, for the people crying about loss of spin/explosion blockers, we've still got dusky and mismagius, or hell, even gengar.

Focus

Ubers Tester Extraordinaire
Just a question.

Would I violate the species clause if I had a rotom-a plus rotom team in gen 5, since they're all different dual types now?

I guessing probably not, it'd be similar to having a eeveelution I guess lol.

But I'd like a confirmation.
I'm pretty sure same Pokedex number = same species.

RUININ MAH SPIN BLOCKERS!

Now I'll have to use Shanderaa. But seriously, this almost completely devalues the Rotom forms. Their Ghost typing allowed them to wall many serious threats, like SD Lucario, and serve as an excellent lead Azelf switch-in. I suppose that they'll be replaced in usage by the new Ghost types, but it really disheartens me to see some of my favorite pokemon made almost useless.
me too! and just when they were becoming usable for wifi. I mean, sure, i could use them on shoddy, but i prefer to play wifi when i have time

Guys we got a LOT of ghost pokemon this time around. We'll have plenty of spin blockers. I'm looking at you shadow tag chandelier! A trapped rapid spinner? Whats it gonna do?

Guys we got a LOT of ghost pokemon this time around. We'll have plenty of spin blockers. I'm looking at you shadow tag chandelier! A trapped rapid spinner? Whats it gonna do?
Rotom-A may be gone, but we got 4 new ghost types pokemon to work with. Desukan Pure ghost, The water/ghost pokemon, The chandelier fire/ghost pokemon, and a ground/ghost something or other pokemon.

Rotom-W looks absolutely incredible, with STAB boosted Hydro Pump in the rain, and 100% accurate thunder, not to mention Thunder will get a swimming goggles boost anyway. If anything comes in that he can't handle he can trick away Swimming Goggles and shut the opponent down.

Im happy, it's time for a change. We got very different, very new typings, we have other new ghosts now to explore for the job, we got another water/elec type, it's time for a change, and it was a good change.

Rotom-A may be gone, but we got 4 new ghost types pokemon to work with. Desukan Pure ghost, The water/ghost pokemon, The chandelier fire/ghost pokemon, and a ground/ghost something or other pokemon.
This. With the new candle ghost, i would assume most people are going use it as their spinblocker once competitive battling begins. IMO, this is actually a good thing for Rotom-A, as it gives it a new niche, instead of being overshadowed by the candle ghost.

Does Doryuuzu not get rapid spin? If you trap him with shanderra you get earthquaked hardcore by a faster mon. In sand he can outrun scarf shanderra can he not? He could also run mold breaker to stop rotoms fun too if anyone decides to still use normal rotom (lol).

They still have the increased stats compared to regular Rotom, but their stats are also still the same as each other.

Manaphy

Throughout heaven and earth, I alone am family guy
is a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributor
Rotom-F can still use HP Ice instead of Blizzard, since HP still gets STAB.

Rotom-W gets Swimming Goggles. Yikes...

Rotom-C counters Water-, Ground-, and Rock- Types better than the other Formes.

Rotom-H gets STAB Overheat and can Kill of most Bug- types.

...and Rotom-Fan still isn't great >.>

Double ground immunity for Rotom-F lololol. Just noticed that Rotom-H/Rotom-F are new boltbeam resisters
No, because Electric does not resist Water, as you might think. Only The Grass- Rotom resists Water.

Rotom Fan will be great for messing around with Mold Breakers running EQ. Come in on a Normal/Fighting attack, then they'll try to EQ, but forget that it's a Flying type now! Negating Levitate will be inconsequential and it'll keep the immunity! :P

I don't mind the type change, but I want my old Rotom to still be viable :( Should've just increased the stats of regular Rotom so you can pick whatever form you want without sacrificing base stats.

With all these "forms," should Smogon reinvestigate Species Clause?

All of these rotoms are ruined. That means the new ghosts are the only good bulky ghosts...

Its really a shame they had to do this...

And wtf is the rotom fan. It really has levitate?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)