Rolling "You Won't Believe My Luck" Thread...

This 0.4% miss chance doesn't exist since RBY. Your opponent probably was holding a Bright Powder.

But hey, I've already missed a Thunder Punch on a Jirachi. It wasn't holding leftovers, so I guess it had a Bright Powder...
Are you sure about that ?
Because at a random tournament i missed bubblebeam on a rhydon and i was sure that he was holding leftovers, so...
It was with GSC games

Clone it, and start a trading thread! :)
I would if I could clone.

Funny thing is, I was chaining for a shiny one with a modest syncher. What happened, I was at chain 35, and I tripped over my DS cord and my DS fell off my bed, the game cartrige hit a pencil on the floor, and popped the cartridge right out. God must have really been against me having a shiny Magnemite =/

Mario With Lasers

Self-proclaimed NERFED king
is a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnus
I have a strange luck with the Indeterminate Egg Group. When I catch a wild Indeterminate pokémon, it's IVs are often godly (like my last Misdreavus). But, when I HATCH them, they always take forever to come with good IVs, even if the parents are something like 25+ in everything :/

Stallion

Tree Young
is a Tiering Contributoris a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnusis a Three-Time Past WCoP Champion
Also for good luck, when I was fishing for OCtillery I caught a Gyarados with 29 IV's in HP and attack, 31 Sp. A and 26-30 Speed. Defenses are around 15ish though so I'm probably gonna use it as a parent.

Good Luck: Catching my first Kyogre in Emerald... Bashful nature, but all IVs were 25+. Catching my Mesprit, I had no intention of soft resetting or ever training the lil guy, but I stumbled upon one with 25 HP IV and Def, Spd, and special stats all over 28!

Bad luck: I just fought a probopass in Battle Tower, that flinched my Swampert 4 straight times with Stone Edge, NOT ROCKSLIDE. WTF???
My Milotic's Hydro Pump also missed 6 straight times against that same Probopass!!!!!

I lost around battle 50ish once because a Kingler with a Quick Claw OHKOed all 3 of my pokemon with Guillotine on the first try

Me against my friend. I won't explain it too much, as it's pretty much the same as everyone else.

The first battle, I won 3-0. Next battle, I had 4 pokemon left, he had 1 left... but then, EVERY SINGLE ATTACK HE DID Critical Hit me, EXCEPT one. Thunderbolt. Oh boy, you can tell what happened in that blow! I was PARALYZED and COULDN'T MOVE. He wins. -.-; (Oh, I was saying really loud "OH MY GOD, my luck SUCKS!")

But yeah. OH and one more battle. It was in PBR. I send out FEAR Rattata to laugh at my friend... except he sends out Froslass. ****! I switch pokemon. I don't ****ing believe it, I'm plagued by the EXACT same fate. 2 CHs, 1 paralyze that screwed me over. In the end, it was my FEAR against his Froslass. You can tell what happened.

Bad luck: My yanmega put my opponents leads to sleep four battles in a row only to have them wake up the next turn.

Good luck- A huge number of times where cresslia has been my last pokemon out in doubles and survived.

I have a strange luck with the Indeterminate Egg Group. When I catch a wild Indeterminate pokémon, it's IVs are often godly (like my last Misdreavus). But, when I HATCH them, they always take forever to come with good IVs, even if the parents are something like 25+ in everything :/
Sounds familiar.

It took me 66 eggs to hatch me a modest ralts. Then, when I wanted to get a modest ditto yesterday, I had to hatch another 6 eggs to get a modest one with synchronize (everstone on modest mother, ofcourse). 6 is too much to get a nature with 50% chance :(

6? Oh, please. I've had way worse. I once hatched ~30 male Chimchars in a row while looking for a female.

Oh, I remember some good luck.

4 VS 4.
Groudon & Ho-oh, Latias & Deoxys Defence
Against
Snorlax & Slowbro, Marowak & Slowking

Right off the start, Groudon Sword Dances up (he has good speed and defence). Ho-oh uses Sacred Fire on Snorlax, which didn't do much damage (I wanted to burn him).

However, this is where it falls apart. Snorlax cursed once. Slowbro used Trick Room. Now, Snorlax used Return, which got a critical Return hit, almost OHKOing my Ho-oh. Ho-oh tries again on Snorlax, and is successful this time. Slowbro did a move (I forget which) against my Groudon, and got a Critical Hit, OHKOing it.

I send out Latias, not knowing what Snorlax had. I used Calm Mind. I knew once I did this, nothing can stop me, unless someone uses Crunch... which Snorlax all of a sudden used. OHKO. I did not expect that. Slowbro used Shadow Ball which KO'd Ho-oh.

Now this is where my luck turns very good (or bad in some ways). My Deoxys Defence was the only thing left. Thankfully, Trick Room ended here. I use Cosmic Mind to raise my defence. However, Snorlax used Crunch and Slowbro used Shadow Ball. I barely had any HP left. I gain a little HP with Leftovers, and also Recover. Snorlax and Slowbro kept hitting me with Crunch and Shadow Ball.

However, both took a break. Slowbro used Trick Room again, and Snorlax used Rest to get rid of it's Burn. Unfortunatly, he had a Chesto Berry, but I still got the chance toToxic Slowbro, and used Cosmic Mind once. From, here on, I had to keep recovering for 4 or so turns. Finally though, firstly, Slowbro started to slack off instead, as Toxic kept endangering it from fainting. Snorlax ran out of PP for Crunch, so he had to use Return (which while it still hurt Deoxys, it wasn't doing as much). I got the chance to also Toxic Snorlax, and Cosmic Mind one more time.

Finally, Slowbro fainted, which means no more Trick Rooms! Now, they send out Marowak. Snorlax rests, while Marowak uses Stone Edge, which got a critical hit, almost OHKOing me again. Thankfully, Deoxys recovered again, and was fine.

I was able to Toxic Marowak, and Cosmic Mind up once or twice. Finally, I even got a chance to perform a subsitute. Marowak eventually died of Poison, and Slowking was sent out.

Slowking was not nearly as deadly, as it had neither Trick Room nor did it have a Recovery move. I toxic Slowking to death. All that was left was the annoying Snorlax with his rest.

I tried toxicing Snorlax, but he'd rest it away. I decide to then NOT do so till he ran out of PP. Finally, after 5 or so turns (with the help of Pressure), he ran out of PP for all his moves, and I also added a nice Toxic in there. Snorlax KOs himself with Struggle, and I win with just Deoxys, lol.

...wow that was a lot longer than I should have made it. Oh well, lol. :/

This was against a friend named *****, but let's just call him Jibaku.

Jibaku withdrew heracross!
Jibaku sent out blissey!
Gyarados used Dragon Dance!

Now, blissey is at about 65% HP. The only way gyarados will be able to defeat it is by getting a CH or flinch haxing it. I know that this is jibaku, so he is using CM bliss. This means he has tbolt to kill gyarados. Don't worry, I don't have to switch. But I have heracross at full HP as a safe switch in.

Gyarados used Waterfall!
(45%)
Blissey flinched!
OH SHIT PLOT TWIST

Switching is for noobs..........Anyway that was some lucky hax right there and I later found out it was MY horrid internet connection that caused the "plot twist." (credit to firestorm for the plot twist thing and link lol) Also, raikou77, now known as "kou" CH'd me 5 times in one game and froze me twice. Both of the times I was frozen I didn't thaw out. That was definitely not one of my favorite games even if I did manage to barely squeek out a win.

3 of my 4 OHKOs on eevee trainer @ JAA were critical hits from a scope lens timid mewtwo.

I call hax on myself.

Jibaku

Who let marco in here????
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a CAP Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis a Two-Time Past SPL Champion
This was against a friend named *****, but let's just call him Jibaku.

Jibaku withdrew heracross!
Jibaku sent out blissey!
Gyarados used Dragon Dance!

Now, blissey is at about 65% HP. The only way gyarados will be able to defeat it is by getting a CH or flinch haxing it. I know that this is jibaku, so he is using CM bliss. This means he has tbolt to kill gyarados. Don't worry, I don't have to switch. But I have heracross at full HP as a safe switch in.

Gyarados used Waterfall!
(45%)
Blissey flinched!
OH SHIT PLOT TWIST

Switching is for noobs..........Anyway that was some lucky hax right there and I later found out it was MY horrid internet connection that caused the "plot twist." (credit to firestorm for the plot twist thing and link lol) Also, raikou77, now known as "kou" CH'd me 5 times in one game and froze me twice. Both of the times I was frozen I didn't thaw out. That was definitely not one of my favorite games even if I did manage to barely squeek out a win.
*coughs

I keep freeze haxing my opponents the other day. It was quiet funny. That and I scored about 7 critical hits on the same person.

Lol, just beat the Tower Tycoon and I got lucky with two different pokemon.

It was my Garchomp vs. Milotic first off, and I hit him hard with Earthquake doing about 85-80%. He hit me with Hydro Pump and I was down to maybe, uh 25% as well. Then I switched to my own Milotic and was hit by a Dragon Pulse, brought down to around 95%. I just used Surf for about 5%, then got Hypnotised. I used Sleep Talk then hit Surf again twice in a row. Soon, his Milotic was dead.

Then, out came Rhyperior. I used Sleep Talk hoping I wouldn't wake up. I didn't and hit Surf again, killing him in one shot. Then, Dragonite. I predicted my Milotic waking up and used Ice Beam. I predicted correctly and hit Dragonite hard, bringing him down in a CH. It probably would have killed him anyway, but whatever. I thought it was lucky with the prediction anyway.

I just got lucky like 10 minutes ago. lol
I was fighting my friend over Wifi. He was using all OU pokes. Gyrados and the such. Well, I don't know why, but almost all of his moves kept missing. My starter ninjask, got 3 speed boosts and 2 swords dance....
I actually Killed 3 of his pokemon with X-Scissor from Nin. Gotta love the little NinjaCockroach. [=

well, it was the first time i battled tower tycoon ever, so *insert palmer's music here*

Go swampert!
Palmer sent out Rhyperior!
Swampert used waterfall!
Rhyperior used Ice Beam!
Swampert used Waterfall! Rhyperior Faints! =D

Palmer sent out Dragonite!
Dragonite used Dragon Rush!
Swampert Flinched!
Swampert Flinched!
Dragonite used Dragon Rush! Swampert Fainted!

Go Torterra!
Dragonite used Dragon Rush! Critical Hit! Torterra Fainted!

Go Metagross!
Metagross used Meteor Mash!
Metagross used Meteor Mash! Dragonite Fainted!

Palmer sent out Milotic!
Milotic used Hydro Pump! Critical Hit! Metagross Fainted!

¬¬U yeah, i was pretty pissed off, but the 2nd time i got against his 1st team again his dragonite missed quite a few attacks n_n (serves that bastard right!)

About good luck... umm well, i guess that hatching a skarmory w/Drill Peck, Impish-natured and 26/25 in def/sp. def is good, as i don't breed for IV's(i'm too lazy xD)

Haxx battle tower story raght hurr.......
First time fighting Palmer. My lineup is:
Swords Dancing Garchomp
Cursing Hippowdon
Calm Minding boltbeam Mesprit

Garchomp uses Swords Dance, as I didn't even know Rhyperior was capable of learning Ice Beam. And if I did know, I still wouldn't think Palmer's would, 'cause that's just stupid. Bye-bye, Garchomp.

Mesprit comes in and Ice Beams Rhyperior to death. Out comes Dragonite. I'm thinking, "LOL Ice Beam." But what does he do? Dragon Rush. 'Cause he's faster. And what does Mesprit do? Flinch. 'Cause it's the battle tower. Bye-bye, Mesprit.

I now think "LOL, Ice Fang." But he has a Aqua Tail. And he uses it. And Hippowdon is left with like 19 HP. And Ice Fang misses.

Guess who is never going to bother with in-game battle tower again
aside from getting essentially free vitamins from the prize counter?

I was working on the Stargazer Colosseum (Round 5, I believe), and my Lapras used Ice Beam, and it ended up freezing three times in a row. The 2nd time it defrosted extremely quick, but it was still rather amusing.

DawnBringer

The thrill of attempting to get what you will neve
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Was leading 4-1 on netbattle. his last pokemon is aero, he causes 6 flinches, 2 criticals and i end up losing 0-1.

Facing Palmer for the first time, battle 21, i switch in salamence on rhyperior, he uses some gay move that is NVE, i use hydro pump, it misses, and i get OHKOed by an ice beam >.>

Special Rhyperior is a beast...lol
That got me the first time too; why the hell does it waste that 140 base attack?

I've had to many a bad experience involving quick claw, a OHKO move, or bright powder/lax incense in the off-line battle tower to remember...and, also on in the on-line battle tower; who honestly uses them on one of their pokemon for that?

You know, considering how many people have been wasted by Ice Beam Rhyperior, I think it can't be THAT much of a waste. :P

XD, my salamence was also Ice Beamed by Rhyperior...lol.

my worst luck... using a sleep move on a poke only to have it wake up the next turn.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)