Role Playing Approval Center (Update 5-12-13)

Ahem, try "Temperantia's Nightmare Gallery".
:/

Either way, Lord Jesseus and I both had like ideas for a story-driven RP (and in mine, puzzle-based). In the end, we both decided our ideas were a bit similar and that we could try to make a basic rough layout for these kinds of RP's that anyone could adapt to fit a story.
Although this idea seems to have fallen to the wayside between us, if you would really like to see your idea come to fruition maybe we could try some form of collaborative project?
It would be good though to have multiple RP's. Plus, I think mine has defiantly gone in a different direction with the clues and all.

Korski

Distilled, 80 proof
is a CAP Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Okay I thought of a different way for the Pokemon to compete.

Pokemon Races

Who: Trainers will select one of their Pokemon to race against others along a track. I'd like to shoot for 10 racers per Race, but it can really work with any amount less than that.
What: A race to the finish; Pokemon place like normal, but can interfere with the progress of their competitors and affect their own pace along the way. Rewards will likely include BP/TC/MC for competitors and BT for refs.
When: A race should typically take a week or two to complete, as competitors must PM their Actions to the ref before each race update.
Where: The ASB Racetrack. A simple, ovular racetrack with a dirt path. One lap around the track is 400 m and a standard race is four laps around the track (1600 m total). The track itself is roughly 10 m wide all around.
Why: Because Pokemon can obviously race each other and this should be fun anyway.
How: This is where it gets tricky.

Each Pokemon has a Base Pace that determines how much distance a particular Pokemon can cover in one Round (w/out interference). This number is equal in meters to the base Speed of the Pokemon (including Nature). For instance, Jolly Aerodactyl has a Speed of 150, so, without interference of any kind, Aerodactyl will move 150 m per Round.

Ways to alter this Base Pace include status (Thunder Wave, Confusion, etc.), attacks (Meteor Mash, Focus Blast, etc.), and arena effects (weather, Trick Room, etc.). Statuses will affect the racers in different ways. For instance, Paralysis will slow down a racer to 25% of its Base Pace and give the racer a 25% chance of being "fully paralyzed" (no movement) on each Round that it is Paralyzed (I imagine Paralysis deteriorating at a faster pace than normal for the races); Confusion could give the racer a 50% chance of moving backward by half of their Final Pace after the Round; Attraction will make the target's Base Pace equal to the user's so long as Attract is in effect.; the list can go on and be all-encompassing as the details get finalized. Attacks, instead of doing damage, will lower the target's Base Pace by the same amount as the damage the attack would have done (e.g. Adamant Machamp's Focus Punch would normally do 33 damage to Jolly Weavile, but in the Pokemon Races, the move would make Weavile cover 33 fewer meters for that Round). Similarly, Speed-boosting moves like Agility would increase their Base Pace and allow the competitor to move farther per Round. Arena effects like Trick Room could change the formula for Base Pace to make "slower" Pokemon move "faster" and vice versa. Sandstorm could slow down all non-immune Pokemon by a certain percentage. Again, this can all be codified if the Pokemon Races become a real thing. Pokemon can be knocked backwards and lose ground if their Base Pace goes negative. Ideally, all non-damaging attacks and attack effects will be codified to have effects specific to this type of competition.

Every Round, each competitor will PM the ref two (2) Actions for their Poke to use for that Round. These Actions can be any move the Pokemon knows, and moves will all have different effects. The competitor can also include one (1) Substitution for two (2) of its opponents (so 2 Subs total). These Actions will be how the Base Paces of the competitors are affected and will directly affect the outcomes of the races (obviously). The racers all begin the Race with 100 EN as usual, and the moves they make take away from their energy like normal.

Once the ref has received PMs from all the competitors, he/she will calculate how far each Poke travelled during the Round and post the results with flavor. In between Rounds, trainers can cheer on their Pokes or lament or whatever. First Pokemon to cross the finish line (reach 1600 m travelled total) wins, and the other competitors place as normal. Ties are determined by whichever Poke has the higher Pace for that Round.

General: Races are just another way to compete. Players can keep track of their Pokemon's W-L record in the Races or train their Pokes to compete better by teaching them moves that have different effects in Race format. There can be Tournaments with really good prizes and variations to the format (hurdles, obstacle, creative new courses, etc.) and Roleplaying. There may even be an option for some kind of "experience counter"-type thing, the collection of which could give a Poke an edge in future Races.

This thread hasn't had much activity in a while, so i'll post my new rp idea.

CAP ASB Free-For-All

(Will be addressed as FFA from here on out.)

Intro

At Seven Island, just a little ways past the Trainer Tower, lies a large dome surrounded by wildlife. This dome is the home of a large group of pokemon battlers at each others throats while exploring. This group is known as simply as The Guild. It is in this building, with this group, that something is about to happen that will change the understanding of pokemon as we know it.

Information

In FFA, you choose a format of either multi battle doubles or multi battle triples and either challenge specific people or leave it as an open challenge. The catch to this otherwise ordinary battle is that the ref uses a supplied pokemon in the form of a boss, with all moves and buffed up stats, that’s unique to the stage. The goal of these FFAs is to bring down the boss as well as the opposing team. The winning team of a FFA gets 5 CC, second place gets 3 CC, and all other teams would get 1 CC. A FFA ref would get 3 UC + 1 UC for the number of pokemon playing, ie: a 2v2v2v2 doubles ref would get 11 UC.

The specific formats you can choose from are:
1+1v1+1 doubles
1+1+1v1+1+1 triples
2v2v2v2 doubles
2+2v2+2 doubles
2+2+2v2+2+2 triples

I now have one problem that's currently on my mind, and that is whether to make this rp into a thread or to put it in a group, so any suggestions on that would be appreciated.

The specifics of KOC for the boss is as follows:

If anybody kills the boss, they get 2 KOC and the match continues. Also, if the boss wins the match, the ref does not get a win, but does get UC for as many KOCs they would have gotten along with the RC for reffing the match. Ie: If the ref KOed 2 pokemon with his/hers, then s/he would get X amount of UC and 2 more UC.

The order of actions for the first round is as follows:

First attendee would post their pokemon
Second attendee would post their pokemon
Third attendee would post their pokemon
Fourth attendee would post their pokemon
Ref would issue the boss’s actions
Fourth attendee would issue actions
Third attendee would issue actions
Second attendee would issue actions
First attendee would issue actions
Ref refs

Arenas and Bosses

Arena: Deep inside Chargestone Cave, there is a spider web made by an incredibly large Galvantula. This web is so big, that some Joltik and Spinarak make their own webs inside the holes of the larger one, hoping to catch the smaller prey that the Galvantula lets go. But this arena is inhabited by said Galvantula, dubbed by fear-stricken explorers as Gargantua.

Boss: Gargantua

Stats:
HP: 150
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 3
SpA: Rank 6
SpD: Rank 3
Spe: 125
Size Class: 5
Weight Class: 8

Arena: The Graveyard is your typical hollywood style graveyard, bar the fact that an atypical Hollywood style Pokemon lurks in it. The Pokemon is a Spiritomb, who is said to devour little children at night (Probably a bedtime story, but you never know with bedtime stories.)

Boss: Spiritomb

Stats:
HP: 150
Atk: Rank 4
Def: Rank 6
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 6
Spe: 70
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 6

Fearow’s Perch

Arena: At the top of the tallest tree in the entire pokeverse, there is a nest of a garchomp. You should see it’s cute little gibles, they’ve been on the cover of many magazines.

Sadly, we’re not talking about this nest. Rather the nest on the second highest tree in the entire pokeverse, belonging to a Fearow. This Fearow doesn’t have a mate, which is why it doesn’t welcome visitors much.

Boss: Fearow

HP: 135
Atk: Rank 6
Def: Rank 4
SpA: Rank 4
SpD: Rank 4
Spe: 120
Size Class: 4
Weight Class: 6

Also, the story battles are (Spoilers replaced with <snip>s:)

Once outside, you find that the wildlife around the dome is attacking the dome. "Let's go find what's causing all this!" shouts <snip>.

It takes a while to find the source, as some of you are swallowed into the overgrowth, but eventually you find a raging Tangrowth that seems to be controlling the vines. You all whip out your pokemon at the same time, wanting to claim the glory for yourselves, and start to battle.

Boss: Rampaging Tangrowth

HP: 145
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 5
Spe: 75
Size Class: 6
Weight Class: 7

Post-battle: Once the Tangrowth was defeated, the attack on the dome ended, the people who were engulfed in the overgrowth reappeared, and everyone was exhausted. "But what could've caused that Tangrowth to do that?" <snip> wonders. <not giving gender> didn't have to wonder for very long though, as a small black box is flung into the air by the Tangrowth as it runs away in fear. You could feel evil emanating from it as you slowly approach it. "What on earth is this?" <snip> absentmindedly says, and one of the more gullible of your group tries to pick it up. The moment his fingers touched it's smooth surface, a huge electrical shock ran through him and he collapsed to the ground. You all rush over to him, as he appears to be quite injured. Two of you pick him up and run over to the hospital inside the dome. "Nobody touch it!" <snip> barks as he calls in machines to pick it up without being electrocuted. "Some very troubling things have happened today, and i'm gonna get to the bottom of this." <snip> vows as everyone heads back into the dome and awaits test results of the box.

As your group lays out plans for how to infiltrate the <snip> Factory, you feel quite nervous. This will be the first time doing something big, and there's something about the group you're in. It seems like any one of you could betray everyone at a moment's notice. Once you've completed the plans, you all go to your spots and await the signal. Unfortunately, the signal doesn't come because a missile takes out your leader. Once you find out he's okay, he says "Go get that robot, he'll mess everything up!" So you release your pokemon as you rush towards the one who launched the missile. As you get closer you realize it wasn't a human, nor was it a defense mechanism. It was a Golurk designed to ward off everyone who dared to go into the factory.

Boss: Guardian Golurk

HP: 135
Def: Rank 5
SpA: Rank 3
Spe: 60
Size Class: 6
Weight Class: 8

Post-battle: The Golurk stumbles backwards from the final blow. After teetering off the edge of the cliff the <snip> Factory was built on, the Golurk falls off, never to get back up. Once the Golurk was defeated, it would be smooth sailing getting into the <snip> Factory, but as luck should have it, that wasn't the case.

(Basically, after that you gain access to more missions, this time pertaining to the plot of infiltrating the <snip> Factory.)

More will be added once i get this up and running.

As with the big plot line in the introduction, everybody will have their own storyline to go through, so that they will eventually be able to battle a very strong pokemon at the end of their story.

Anyways, that's all i have for now, questions or comments would be appreciated.

Hmm, this thread hasn't had a post in a while. I'll fix that.

@Nightmare Jigglypuff: It certainly sounds good, but is sounds an awful lot more like an arena choice than a roleplay. Care to elaborate more on that subject?

@Korski: Sounds like a lot of fun, I'd like to try it when it opens. However, I am concerned somewhat about how faster pokemon are so much better most of the time. It almost seems like if you don't have status moves or a way to block taunt, you can't really be competitive.

I'm rather suprised that nobody has commented on my Guild idea. I suppose I can elaborate a bit more about the Subject

• If they are willing, I'd like to use Temp's Nightmare Gallery and Lord Jesseus MND mystery as the first two adventures in the guild.
  • Each adventure must have the following three or four things to be accepted:

1. A Story that drives the adventurers to action, even if it's an excuse plot (though a full-blown story is prefered)
  2. Bosses and encounters with Pokemon to disrupt the adventurer's goals (I'm okay with unique enemies and the like, I just don't want one that ends up Pokemon vs the Zombie Apocalypse or something equally insane)
  3. Puzzles that require the adventurer to think about his next move (preferably even more puzzle-like than the decisions in The Legend Run (left path or right path), though I'll admit that will probably be the standard obstacle)
  4. Optional, but Recommended: Have multiple chapters that allow adventurers breaks between fights and extend the story.

• The ASB Raid Zone will remain a separate entity from the ASA Guild, even if it adopts the above three things in the future (unless for some reason Zarator requests the opposite, but I highly doubt that's going to happen)
  • Each adventure will be supervised by the author, unless they specifically ask someone else to do it. Essentially, this means they are in charge of getting the social group set up and any gimmicks and mechanics organized.

• The authors may also assign referees, however, the guild will have a list of referees that may referee any adventure they see fit. (For this reason, I highly recommend writing some sort of manual for whatever gimmicks you have in store so that the referees know what they're doing).
  • In general, the raids will reward each pokemon with the normal amount of counters in a standard match (i.e. 1 EC, 2 MC, 1 DC) for completion of each chapter, and an additional 1 MC for each lackey encounter, and a certain amount of Adventure counters. However, should an adventure/chapter be challenged by a pokemon who has already challenged it, the only rewards will be the lackey MC. (Bosses give no MC in this case unless they're optional).
  • I haven't decided what to do with Adventure counters yet. I was thinking you could pay them for say, a berry juice stand that gives buffs for the next adventure, for which someone would get buisness tokens for (think Spinda's Cafe in the Explorers games).
  • Some examples of possible juice stand buffs:
  • Combo Juice: Combo's have their energy reduced by 1/8 of their original cost for the chapter
  • Attack Juice: Pokemon's attack rank increased by 1 until end of chapter or until nullified (i.e by Haze)
  • Roleplay Juice: Pokemon is able to stretch the laws of reality to do more impressive roleplay stunts.
  • Note that these only take effect in ASA adventures, they cannot be carried outside of it.
That's really all I have, what do you guys think? (I may be trying to be too generous rewards wise).

I made a couple changes to my RP (Adding BT rewards, putting in a storyline, making it more like an rp (Should've been done to begin with.)) so anything else anybody wants to add?

ASM October First Update and reproposal. Gamemaster applications inside.

Alright, I felt like it was time to make an update and confirm a few things. This post will be a public redefination of ASM, as well as the most recent compilation outside of the Gamemaster group designed to restate what the purpose and mechanics of the game are. I highly reccomend you go back and read the prior posts of mine in this thread, but they are not needed.

Anime Style Mafia is a RP designed to fill in two notable gaps in ASB RP's. Bar the Raid Zone, there is no real plot line or storyboard purpose. Even there, interactions between players are limited to battling against or alongside each other. Thus, I took inspiration from a joke from iRC and Mafia to create this game. To give you a basic idea: think a combination of the Legend Run, Mafia, the Raid Zone, an RP game, the Orre Games, and standard ASB. If you aren't lost yet, good.

The fundamental concept of the game is that multiple players are placed into a pre-created world of NPC's, crime syndicates, gym leaders, frontier brains, champions, and the global police. All of these have different goals, and will move to fulfill them while preventing others from fulfilling their objectives. Some players will start as spies for the various orginizations, while others will have the executive powers to work towards victory. However, the vast majority of players will begin unalligned and must choose which path they take. If they side with justice, they increase the chances of a "happy ending" in both that game and the arc. If they work with a syndicate, they become targeted by the police, and will be forced to work in extremely dangerous encounters with very powerful foes. Now, more on how the game actually runs.

The game is divided into both real time units (TLR) and day units (Mafia). Every day gives roughly six hours of action time to fit things into. One may not do more than they could realistically do in six hours on a single day. The actual way the actions are executed is something like the Ace Attorney games crossed with the Legend Run. You egin the day in the area you slept the previous night. The GameMaster, ref assigned to the player, will send an obligatory "day has begun" PM with some flavor, and ask the player for their actions. At this point, they may choose where they go in the city, earning PM's slightly more detailed and more interactable than, but still similar to, Legend Run RP phase posts. The player may encounter NPC's, who can be talked with via iRC chat with one of the Game Masters (either the one assigned to them, or one of the more experienced ones, whichever happens to be on at the time). Using the information and itmes they earn, as well as quests given or inspired by NPCs and other objectives, more and more options should open up allowing the player to carve out a path through the game.

Obviously, it wouldn't be any fun if it was just within a city. Therefore, dungeons and routes open up. Routes are normally just paths with wild Pokemon and trainers that can be accessed and traveled upon with the right HM's to get to other cities. Dungeons are the more interesting one. Some are effectively Legend Run dungeons, if filled with a few more traps and interesting puzzles. Alternatively, some are more Raid Zone-esque in that they are a series of encounters designed to batter down and defeat any potential challengers wh dare to enter. Either way, a few things hold true: these will almost always require items (purchasable in-game, many the same as and more powerful than hte Legend Run's items set) and a powerful team. Additionally, it is almost suicidal to go into more dugeons alone, as the bosses after a series of grueling fight normally resemble something out of the Raid Zone with boosted stats and 300+ HP. Some bosses are even legendary, although these are normally key to the plot and one won't be alone or unprepared.

Regardless, I digress. There have been a few changes to wild matches from TLR to compensate for the varying intelligence and aggressiveness among wild Pokemon. Triples will be the standard format for solo dungeon treks. Two people warrants two Pokemon out each, and three or more each will have a single 'mon. This makes things easier on refs. Most things, including legends and bosses, are capturable, but will lose their mega-broken bonuses upon capture. Some catch rates have also been adjusted as well.

Death is another element in the game. 'Mons can die, and can only be healed in very unusual circumstances or in an RNG-game invoked by using a Revive. If the 'mon was taken from the outside, it just becomes unusable in the game. If he was caught in-game, it will die. If the player dies (this IS a Mafia game), all 'mons are counted as dieing. The exception being the ability to send a non-Legend 'mon into a PC exit system. This will take the 'mon out of the game and make it usable if approved in the main ASB prize claim thread.

Legends will be a unique case that has/is/will be addressed.

Items are purchasable in-game and one hold item per mon can be brought from the outside. This is getting overly technical, so I'll just leave it there.

Alright, the second main point. Obviously, Pokemon is a large part of the RP. As always, most of these will be brought in from the outside. The current rules:

-Only six Pokemon may be brought in.
-The first 'mon does not need to be paid for. The second to sixth ones are two TC each.

The number of Pokemon brought in, as well as contributions in the Preperations Group, will determine statistical probability of getting in. However, to prevent people from sitting at some minimum point, no amount of contibution will gaurantee entrance. Just make it really, really likely.

So, onto game one:

ASM Nightblade Arc: Celestial Shower

Storms are brewing over Mossdeep. A series of freak currents has trapped ten trainers on the island city and surrounding areas for a week or two while the storm dies down. All are there for different reasons. Among them are two agents of the Global Police, as well as two trainers with slightly less noble occupations. In this isolation, the largest crime incident in years is about to unfold. Certain forces from the past are rising anew, amidst a new force that is not yet fully understood. The clock is ticking. By the end of ten days, the fate of the world will be decided. Which way it will go is yet another mystery.

Game One:
10 players
Mossdeep City
Year 10 (7 years post Emerald)

Alright, if you've been reading so far, I have two things to say.

1) Gamemaster development work should be finished around Thanksgiving if the current pace holds. However, public compilation will take significantly longer if only the Gamemasters do it. Therefore, I want to ask for help in getting trainer Pokemon and a few last wild Pokemon compiled here.

2) I'm hiring another Gamemaster to help ref the first game. If you think you're qualified, shoot me a PM. As far as what I'm looking for, it's roughly the following formula:
40% Genuine Interest - If you don't care, you won't do it well.
30% Battling Skill - I am relying upon you to make this hard on participants. We can't have easy boss fights, now can we?
20% Free Time - This is a rather large time commitment.
10% Reffing Skill/Record - This will incorporate both reffing and interpretation of commands. I expect that you can at least use a damage calculator to make this run, and preferably have some proficiency beyond this. However, this can be overlooked if the applicant excels in all three other categories.

If you can give me some idea of these four by telling me a) why you want to do it; b) links to battles or demonstrations of competence in battle; c) how much free time you normally have and Time Zone; d) links to reffing.

I'll come to a decision at some point.

Oh well, comment if you have any constructive criticism. Remember, this is a very basic simplification of many mechanics. There is a very long list of exact methods the game is run, but I chose not to include any as the primary focus of the post are the items at the bottom.

EDIT: Also, #Mossdeep is the official iRC channel. Go there.

Meh, if there were any more people, we would be seeing some sorta bad ones too, but that's just me.

On a side note, i've added another arena in my rp. This one is integral to the plot, but i've omitted the spoilers. Come check it out if you haven't already seen it.

well here goes, my RP.

The ASB Mining And Training Institute
(to be reffered to as MATI from now on)

ill go through the concept first.
-MATI, the mining and training institute, is essentially a place to mine and train. where people earn BP, and train there pokes.
in the RP, people will be able to choose 2 partner pokemon to travel with them in the mine, so that they can earn there hard earned currency.

currency is earned through mining certain minerals used to create many items (eg. potions, pokeballs etc.).
these items are made from these ores:
-Iron
-Copper
-Alluminum
-Mercury
-and Gold.

these Ores are very important to making each item, and each have theyre own value and rarity:
1. Iron-rarity:25%. worth: 1 BP for each kilo/2.2 lbs mined.
2. Copper-rarity:20%. worth: 2 BP per kilo/2.2 lbs mined
3. Alluminium-rarity:20%. worth: 3 BP per kilo/2.2 pounds.
4. Mercury-rarity:10%. 4 BP per kilo/2.2 lbs mined. (must have an air tight container to bring back)
5. Gold-rarity:5%. 8 BP per kilo/2.2 lbs mined.

each mineral you mine can only be found in certain mines. Mercury can only be found deep in 1 mine, where it gets hotter and sulphurus, where as copper can be found in almost all mines.

you can also mine fossils and the type gems, though they are much rarer. these are the stats for all Ores and other items.
1. Iron-rarity:25%. worth: 1 BP for each kilo/2.2 lbs mined.
2. Copper-rarity:20%. worth: 2 BP per kilo/2.2 lbs mined
3. Alluminium-rarity:20%. worth: 3 BP per kilo/2.2 pounds.
4. Mercury-rarity:10%. 4 BP per kilo/2.2 lbs mined. (must have an air tight container to bring back)
5. Gold-rarity:5%. 8 BP per kilo/2.2 lbs mined.
6. Type Gems-rarity:10% (the gems you find are random). can be sold for 1/2 the retail price in BP, rounded down.
7. Fossils-rarity: 10%. fossils cant be sold, but they can be rivived for the same as there rarity. also, if you revive 2 or more at a time, you get a dsicount! E.G. 2 fossil pokes that wuld normally cost a combined 4 TC's, will cost only 3.

and now onto the Training part of the mine. each mine has its various pokemon, most of them being bat pokes, and mineral pokes. however, there certain ways you must get these. this is the list detailing some of the pokes that can be found in the 1st mine, and how you can find them.
1. geodude. can be found in most mines (other than the sulphur mines). Rarity: 20%. you will find these most commonly by accidentally stepping on one of them.

2. Zubat. can be found hanging on the ceilings at the entrance of a cave. they will not attack during the day. rarity: 15%.

3. Rogenrola. found wandering the mines anytime of the day or night. very common, and non-aggresive, but will engage if you have a water type with you. the reason for this is unknown.

well thats the basic concept of the ASB roleplay idea, and i hope it gets approved. MATI will be up and running in NO time. i hope...

For someone who has just just started ASB this is promising. However, I think someone did something similar on page 2 or something around there.

well, t may be similar (i skipped straight to the last page so i didnt know about it), buut it is different as you can bring 2 pokes with you instead of just 1. also, it is a much more varied system as it allows for some diversity amongst roleplays, rather than just harvesting goods. with this, you can catch some pokes, BP, get some valuble items (fossils and type-gems), and it also has some REAL information, like mercury can only be mined using a gas mask and a special container as it is extremely hazardous, and can kill you without the proper equipment.

also, i edited the post just now, so there WILL be some major differences between my idea, and that other guys idea.

so dont critisize me for having something similar, as i am trying to make this a varied expereince.

I have decided to open a shop in my rp. I also posed a question to anyone who wants to give me opinions. Please give it a look and see if there's anything you'd like to add.

maybe you should add in a side quest or something. like the ones in mystery dungeon, like: save a snorunt in this dungeon, from these pokemon, and you will get this much etc.

is that good?

Athenodoros

Official Smogon Know-It-All
It has always seemed to me that there is an obvious RP missing from CAPASB, and it is essentially Clan Wars.

I'm not entirely sure that this is the right place for it, but given it would be so much more than a standard battle it would have to function as a RP. Despite this, partly to alleviate the fact that there are way more battles than refs at the moment, partly because of the extended time it would take, and partly because of the large number of Pokemon involved, I think it would end up acting much like a battle: it would take one of the three battle slots, and the Pokemon could still be used outside of the roleplay.

As for how it would actually work, I'm think that it would end up being that groups of trainers, say two teams of four, would be thrown in to a senario and would have to battle it out. It would be different from all of the other RPs because many of the standard elements would be gone - there are no bosses to defeat, no real NPCs to battle except maybe one on each side thrown in for storyline purposes and there would be no intrigue or information finding to be done: it would be a couple of trainers in an all out war across a small landscape, governed by a ref or potentially a group of refs, depending on the size of game. In the same vein, however, it would be quite unlike a standard battle: most would be at least 6+6+6 vs. 6+6+6, quite beyond anything we have yet seen, even if strategy might dictate that it be broken up in to smaller battles, and there would be a much larger map for the teams to use.

With all of that said, I feel like I've become a bit tl;dr, so I think the easiest way of getting the idea across would be an example of an opening game:

In the days before that kid settled the dispute between Team Aqua and Team Magma, there were numerous small battles fought between the two companies. It is in one of these small skirmishes that three grunts from each team have found themselves, stuck together on one of the many islands south of Route 131, because both teams received information that a Pokemon of great power was lying dormant there. Of course, they both found after a long hike to the middle of the island that the old tale was false, but faced with this battle, and with some time until all of the trainers are being picked up again, the grunts are battling it out as all good grunts should. As it stands, to the East of the island Team Magma has set up camp, and to the West Team Aqua has set up a corresponding camp. Each camp has been provisioned similarly, with only an old healing machine with limited charges left, as well as a cache of a couple of revives in the centre of the island, so very little help is going to come from the outside world.

At this point, both teams would be given a map and would separate out, potentially sending a group of Water Pokemon with a trainer to attack over the sea while flying over to try to take control of the opponent's healing maching thingy and sending another trainer to collect the cache in the centre, and it would keep going until all of one side's Pokemon had fainted.

This is very much an example which I probably wouldn't use. More tactical objectives would need to be introduced to split up the teams to stop it becoming a giant clusterfuck, and they might scale up as time went on, if people became interested (I have this great idea about a war between Kanto and Johto, if loads of people want in), but this post is mainly to see if people would be interested. Just to be clear, I don't want this to be approved now: for one thing, I still have 11 Hall challenges to ref. I'm just wondering if people would be interested in such a setup, and to gauge how many people might be interested in having a test run.

Oh, and it's past 3 am, so I might clean this up tomorrow. Don't be surprised if it all changes suddenly.

Hmm. It's certainly interesting, and far more of a medium-sized tactics game against the encounters and bosses of three of the non-Facility RP's (Labyrinth, TLR, and Raid Zone) and far less of an investigation/strategic game than ASM, so it doesn't really conflict with anything. As for the idea, I don't have many suggestions. I will say that something I will use post-beta phase (G0 and G1) in ASM to prevent clusterfucks will be starting players in different positions, forcing them to move or fight a little to get to one another. This could definitely help with removing clusterfucks in your game, since it's mostly meant to be tactics versus SMASH!!!

And yes, I agree that more strategic objectives will encourage more tactical play and less of a destroy the enemy game. Although if you do this, you would have to make sure the objectives are roughly even or identical in difficulty.

That's all for now. And I am rather surprised this hadn't been previously proposed.

Metal Bagon's "The Mystery" kind of involves strategy by the looks. I'd like to see some of these RP's approved soon as possible as some like Maxim's, Korski's and Nightmare Jigglypuff's look really good. TDMO's also looks original and it could work I think.

It has always seemed to me that there is an obvious RP missing from CAPASB, and it is essentially Clan Wars.

I'm not entirely sure that this is the right place for it, but given it would be so much more than a standard battle it would have to function as a RP. Despite this, partly to alleviate the fact that there are way more battles than refs at the moment, partly because of the extended time it would take, and partly because of the large number of Pokemon involved, I think it would end up acting much like a battle: it would take one of the three battle slots, and the Pokemon could still be used outside of the roleplay.

As for how it would actually work, I'm think that it would end up being that groups of trainers, say two teams of four, would be thrown in to a senario and would have to battle it out. It would be different from all of the other RPs because many of the standard elements would be gone - there are no bosses to defeat, no real NPCs to battle except maybe one on each side thrown in for storyline purposes and there would be no intrigue or information finding to be done: it would be a couple of trainers in an all out war across a small landscape, governed by a ref or potentially a group of refs, depending on the size of game. In the same vein, however, it would be quite unlike a standard battle: most would be at least 6+6+6 vs. 6+6+6, quite beyond anything we have yet seen, even if strategy might dictate that it be broken up in to smaller battles, and there would be a much larger map for the teams to use.

With all of that said, I feel like I've become a bit tl;dr, so I think the easiest way of getting the idea across would be an example of an opening game:

In the days before that kid settled the dispute between Team Aqua and Team Magma, there were numerous small battles fought between the two companies. It is in one of these small skirmishes that three grunts from each team have found themselves, stuck together on one of the many islands south of Route 131, because both teams received information that a Pokemon of great power was lying dormant there. Of course, they both found after a long hike to the middle of the island that the old tale was false, but faced with this battle, and with some time until all of the trainers are being picked up again, the grunts are battling it out as all good grunts should. As it stands, to the East of the island Team Magma has set up camp, and to the West Team Aqua has set up a corresponding camp. Each camp has been provisioned similarly, with only an old healing machine with limited charges left, as well as a cache of a couple of revives in the centre of the island, so very little help is going to come from the outside world.

At this point, both teams would be given a map and would separate out, potentially sending a group of Water Pokemon with a trainer to attack over the sea while flying over to try to take control of the opponent's healing maching thingy and sending another trainer to collect the cache in the centre, and it would keep going until all of one side's Pokemon had fainted.

This is very much an example which I probably wouldn't use. More tactical objectives would need to be introduced to split up the teams to stop it becoming a giant clusterfuck, and they might scale up as time went on, if people became interested (I have this great idea about a war between Kanto and Johto, if loads of people want in), but this post is mainly to see if people would be interested. Just to be clear, I don't want this to be approved now: for one thing, I still have 11 Hall challenges to ref. I'm just wondering if people would be interested in such a setup, and to gauge how many people might be interested in having a test run.

Oh, and it's past 3 am, so I might clean this up tomorrow. Don't be surprised if it all changes suddenly.
Sounds like capture the flag lol. Then again capture the flag seems good.

LouisCyphre

heralds disaster.
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributor
Mother of- did you just quote that entire post?

Please just address Athenodoros by name next time; readers can scroll back up to read his proposal.

Hey, sorry for the double post but I'm looking for some constructive critism for RP the Mystery (link) before the RP approval commitee get their act together. I'm also looking for some people to apply have hosts for when the RP hopefully gets approved!

I have decided to open a shop in my rp. I also posed a question to anyone who wants to give me opinions. Please give it a look and see if there's anything you'd like to add.
Scratch this actually. With the counter announcements, i don't see the point in opening a shop when you could basically buy such items at the Prize Claiming thread. So i removed it from the original post. On a side note, i also adjusted some of the Bosses and their stats, since some of them were overpowered (Granted, that's what they are supposed to be, but there's a fine line.)

EDIT: I also just designed another story battle because i was bored. You'll find it in the "Infiltrating the Factory" hide tag.

If I were to make a juice from an Oran Berry for example, how much would it heal? You need to be more specific about the effects these juices will have...

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
When I was typing up the list for Juices, I realized that that would be WAY too many items to add to ASB. So I removed the Bar.

EDIT: The Lottery had similar issues. Just the recycle Shop is really needed.

DOUBLE EDIT: Nevermind. I have a different concept, and I'm scrapping the Stand.

Ullar

card-carrying wife-guy
is a Smogon Discord Contributor
PokeChess Basic Rules

Here's the project I scrapped the Recycle Shop for.

POKECHESS

Basic Rules:
1. The entire game takes place on a chess board.

2. 6 Pokemon must be posted on the thread, one for each chess piece. (Pawn, Rook, Bishop, Knight, Queen, King)
2a. It is the referee's responsibility to make matching 'board tiles' for each Pokemon.

3. EDIT: Items are disallowed, for sanity's sake.

4. Each piece moves like it normally would in a chess game.

5. Unlike chess, however, this includes battles. These battles are made through ‘engagement’.
5a. One piece can engage the other in 2-round combat if the opposing piece is within its engagement zone.
5b. The Pawn’s engagement zone is the three spaces in front of it
5c. The Rook’s engagement zone are the four squares horizontal and vertical to it
5d. The Knight’s engagement zone is unique, in that it can only engage pieces that it would ‘capture’ in its next move
5e. The Bishop’s engagement zone is the four spaces diagonal to it
5f. The Queen’s and King’s engagement zone is all eight squares around them
5g. If a piece defeats another in battle, that piece is captured, and the winning piece moves to the spot the opponent once occupied, regardless of the piece’s normal movement

6. Each piece has an HP multiplier that is reflected in combat
6a. Pawn: .25
6b. Rook: .75
6c. Knight: .5
6d. Bishop: .5
6e. Queen: 1
6f. King: .75

7. Combat:
7a. When a piece chooses to engage another, a 2-Round combat begins. The one who engaged the combat orders first
7b. Any status conditions that are acquired in battle which wear off are halted at the battle’s end, and continue depleting in the afflicted piece’s next battle
7c. Similarly, any piece that suffers a permanent status condition will keep it until the game is over or it is healed
7d. The only moves that affects pieces besides any two locked in combat are:
7da. Heal Bell and Aromatherapy, which heal all status conditions that that piece’s team is currently undergoing
7db. Sunny Day, Rain Dance, Gravity, and the like, which continue after an engagement has ceased and deplete with each round
7dc. Reflect and Light Screen, which also affects adjacent friendly pieces, giving them the condition for their next engagement, where it will start to deplete
7dd. Beat Up, which calls on all adjacent friendly figures to participate in the attack
7de. Haze, which cancels all status drops or heightenings in adjacent pieces
7df. Safeguard, which applies the condition to all friendly adjacent pieces
7dg. Mist, which applies it to all adjacent pieces

8. When a player’s King is captured, the opposing team wins

9. When a pawn makes it to the opposing side of the field, it may become a different piece of its choosing
9a. The species and moveset of the pawn changes to the species and moveset of the player's piece that it transforms into.
9b. Whatever % of HP loss the pawn has sustained, this percentage carries over to the new piece. (e.g. a pawn with 50% of its health changing into a knight still has 50% health lost, albeit more HP)

10. The pieces one takes reflects the amount of CC one gets after the battle is directly proportional to the pieces captured.
10a. Pawn = 1 CC
10b. Rook = 2 CC
10c. Knight = 2 CC
10d. Bishop = 2 CC
10e. Queen = 4 CC
10f. King = 4 CC
10g. Each trainer is guaranteed 3 CC for participating

11. Referees get 1 UC for every engagement

12. If a player does not wish to engage another ASB user in battle, there will be four Referee-controlled players to choose from.
12a. Each character has a Battle Hall Rank Total, one which may not be exceeded when choosing a team for battle
12b. Refs do not get TC for KOing other chess pieces. (However, refs do get an accorded bonus for playing as these characters of 3 UC)
12c. Each of these trainer's Pokemon has, automatically, all level-up moves of themselves and their prevolutions. To purchase more moves, a preset amount of MC will be bestowed upon each Pokemon for the ref to distribute as he/she pleases. This amount increases by 5 for Kings and Queens.
a.
Chess Rookie (1 TC Bonus upon defeat, Easy difficulty, uses NFEs, BH Rank Total = 15, MC = 15)
I'm new at this, so go easy on me please!
b.
Chess Player (3 TC Bonus upon defeat, Medium difficulty, uses chess-themed Pokemon, BH Rank total = 20, MC = 20)
Some Pokemon were made for chess.
c.
Chess Fanatic (5 TC Bonus upon defeat, Hard difficulty, uses tough Pokemon, BH Rank total = 25, MC = 25)
Chess isn't just a game...it's a way of life!
d.
Chess Master (8 TC Bonus upon defeat, Expert difficulty, uses Legends, BH Rank total = 30, MC = 30)
Guess who got a sneak preview of all the TLRs? Hehehehhehehe...
e.
Pixie Girl (6 TC Bonus upon defeat, Hard difficulty, uses Rank 4 Pixies, BH Rank total = 30, MC = 25)
SQUEEEEEEEEEEE I LOVE MY PIXIES.

13. Movement:
13a. Before each Pokechess match begins, the referee will create neccessary 'tiles' for each Pokemon using the symbols listed here, the matching Pokemon sprites, and a number:

An example of what the tiles for a figure should look like is here:

These will be made for every piece.
13b. For movement, it is the player's responsibility to state the piece being moved, (e.g. Bishop 1 to A5) as well as edit the picture using the tiles given to reflect that change.
For instance, you could say, 'Bishop 1 to e4'. Then, the board would go from this:

to this:

Players would be required to do this for all of their movements, using Microsoft Paint or some other image-editing tool to 'move' pieces across the board.

Comments? Feedback? Suggestions? And no, Deck, I'm not ripping you off. This is its own idea. :3

TO DO:
Finished and ready for release!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)