ORAS OU Roar Suicune + Hazard Stack Semi Stall

Anish

luckynbad
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus

Introduction

Hello, this is Anish here, with my first RMT. I have built this team around Roar Suicune, as its physical bulk and great ability are great moves for any team. This team has had some success in the 1500s and the 1600s and I am quite happy with it, and I cant see any obvious weaknesses. Without any further ado, let us get on to the RMT.

Teambuilding Process

I wanted to build a team around Suicune, and I added Hippowdon and Ferrothorn to stack hazards with it

I needed a spinblocker so I picked Sableye Mega, who would also prevent hazards from coming onto my side.

I added Mixed Thundurus, to deter my opponent from using defog due to Defiant.

My team was a little Serperior and Breloom, as well as Keldeo weak so I added Amoonguss

With Amoonguss I was a little weak to Mega Charizard Y. My first solution was to add Chansey instead of Hippowdown and specially defensive Unaware Clefable instead of Amoonguss.

Suicune was getting overwhelmed by physical attackers like Mega Charizard X and Mega Pinsir as it had to continuously take damage to Roar. After some thought i added Fire Blast support Chople Berry Tyranitar instead of Thundurus due to its good match up vs defoggers.

With Charizard Mega Y no longer an issue, I added Amoongus instead of Chansey and physically defensive Unaware Clefable instead of specially defensive Clefable

Lastly, I saw a little bit of a ground weakness and didnt like what stuff like Landorus could do if Ferrothorn was weakened, so I added specially defensive Skarmory

The Team

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar
- Calm Mind​

My team is built around Calm Mind Suicune. Suicune is extremely versatile, and acts as a physical wall as well as a win condition. Its ability, Pressure, lets it deal with top tier threats like Volcanion, by PP stalling them, and allows it to single handedly wreck havoc on unprepared teams. Roar works against Pokemon who try to set up while it sets up Calm Minds, as well as phasing the other team into Spikes and Stealth Rocks. It deals with most fire types like Mega Charizard X and Heatran, as well as Pokemon like CB Scizor and almost any other physical attacker.

Sableye @ Sablenite
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Fake Out​

Mega Sableye is an integral part of my team. It acts as a spinblocker, and has utility moves like Knock Off and Will-O-Wisp which can really hurt my opponent. It also has a great ability in Magic Bounce which lets it deflect hazards and statuses, which greatly reduces my need for a defogger. Fake Out allows me to mega evolve safely, and does some good chip damage, especially if the target is already statused. It checks a lot of Pokemon, like Alakazam and Gengar.

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast​

Tyranitar has arguably the hardest role in my team, and does it pretty well. It allows me to trap Defoggers like the Lati twins, the two most popular defoggers in the tier, and luring in Skarmory and Scizor to hit them with Fire Blast, two other defoggers. The only hazard remover who beats this is Rapid Spin Excadrill, upon whom Skarmory can put his hazards on again. It traps Gengar, and uses its Chople Berry versus Thundurus and Tornadus-Therian, and acts as a secondary check to birdspam.It also is my main way to deal with electrics, although Amoonguss, Mega Sableye and Clefable can help it out.

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Ability: Sturdy
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Def / 252 SpD
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind​

Skarmory is my spikes setter, who has whirlwind to phase pokemon out into spikes and rocks. It acts as a fairy check, and deals with Pokemon like Mega Diancie and Mega Gardevoir. It is my Ground immunity, and allows me to deal with Excadrill and Landorus Therian as well as non Thunder Punch Mega Metagross(It takes around 55% from Thunder Punch). It has reliable recovery, easing Clefables burden of passing wishes.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
-Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect
Clefable acts as a cleric and a unaware wall, dealing with stuff like Tank Chomp as well as set up sweepers. The cleric support really helps Tyranitar, allowing it to get longevity, as well as healing Mega Sableye and Amoongus from Scald burns. It also heals Suicune from sleep, allowing me to rest without fearing the sleep turns as much.It deals with tankchomp if Sableye is low and uses its fairy typing against fighting like Mega Lopunny, and darks like Weavile.

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability : Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]​

Amoonguss is my final mon, which tries to deal with as many of my weaknesses as it can. Spore forces switches, something I can capitalize upon with my hazards. I deal with Keldeo, Serperior and most bulky waters like Rotom-Wash and opposing Suicune, as well as being an OK switch in to Magnezone. I run HP Fire on it, so that I am not complete set up fodder for steels like Scizor and Bisharp, who are threats to my team after a boost or two.

Threats

After getting off a SD, LO Bisharp does massive damage to my Pokemon, and I have to rely on Roar and Whirlwind, or a Scald burn. However, due to Spore and HP Fire from Amoonguss, and Moonblast from Clefable, as well as Tyranitar's Fire Blast, Bisharp gets few set up oppurtunities, and even more so as he cannot OHKO Clefable with Iron Head, and I have Unaware

Magnezone is problematic, as they can trap Skarmory, and Amoonguss is my best switch in to them. My best way of dealing with it is either using Spore, or locking him into Thunderbolt/Hidden Power Fire to use Pursuit, or wearing him down through hazards, that are hard to put due to Magnezone threatening to trap me.

Thunder Punch Mega Metagross has to be dealt with carefully, as it does over 50% to Skarmory and does 40% to Suicune, which is quite a lot because I dont have recovery. However, it has no recovery, and I can try to burn it with Mega Sableye.

Popular stallbreakers like Solar Beam Heatran and Heat Wave Tornadus-T, are problematic . Suicune and Tyranitar need to be at good health to deal with Heatran, and U turn from Tornadus prevents Tyranitar from constantly switching into this. However these Pokemon can only safely switch in to Amoonguss, who might Spore them, or Skarmory, who may predict the switch and Whirlwind, racking up damage.

Due to my lack of rock resists, CB Terrakion and Tyranitar are problems for my team. I have to sac a Pokemon when they come in, as they 2HKO everything with Stone Edge. There only free switch in is to Tyranitar(It can take a superpower with Chople Berry intact), however, so I can try to limit they're switch in as much as possible.

I rely on Mega Sableye to get rid of hazards, as they do not hamper my team enough to warrent a Rapid Spinner(Defog takes away my hazards, and I would rather have Whirlwind on Skarmory), but common rock setters like Clefable, and Offensive Stealth Rocks Garchomp and Landorus-Therian can get hazards up, which is a hindrance to my team.

Suicune @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Rest
- Roar
- Calm Mind

Sableye @ Sablenite
EVs: 252 HP / 112 Def / 144 SpD
Careful Nature
- Knock Off
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Fake Out

Tyranitar @ Chople Berry
Ability: Sand Stream
EVs: 248 HP / 80 Def / 180 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Pursuit
- Fire Blast

Skarmory @ Leftovers
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Whirlwind

Clefable @ Leftovers
Ability: Unaware
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Moonblast
- Heal Bell
- Wish
- Protect

Amoonguss @ Black Sludge
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 248 HP / 116 Def / 144 SpD
Bold Nature
- Spore
- Giga Drain
- Clear Smog
- Hidden Power [Fire]

Last edited:
An ingenious creation by a fellow member of the Stall. It is good to see this kind of creativity and force our enemies to kneel to the Stall.

That said, I wouldn't call this "semi-Stall", as you rely largely on walling more than ever to shed the blood of enemies. But whatever floats your boat.

Two simple yet effective team changes have made your team extremely resilient to the foolish enemies, and you are deserving of applause for that.

My words will focus on amending the Threats you have noted, while hopefully allowing your team to remain ever so resilient to the enemies of the Stall.

Firstly, I noted your susceptibility to overloading. Your Suicune and Skarmory are your most reliable means to deal with enemies who utilize physical blows. (I do not like using SpD Skarmory, but I fully understand why you have chosen it.) Powerful Balanced weaponry such as Bisharp + Medicham/Mega Scizor, Mega Metagross and Keldeo are all troublesome, as they overload, and while you do have teammates to share the pain, they have teammates to deal with yours.

To fix this, I would recommend utilizing a fully physical defensive spread on Sableye so that he is able to corrupt our enemies. Because you have Tyranitar to desecrate Gengar and Alakazam, I see little need for Sableye to corrupt them. If you are concerned with a Gengar/Alakazam + Tornadus-T duo, note that your core as it is is already vulnerable enough to them, and Sableye isn't a special sponge because it still falls to attacks like Volcanion's Steam Eruption or Mega Gardevoir's Hyper Voice.
Corruptor (Sableye) @ Sablenite
Careful Nature
- Fake Out / Foul Play / Protect
- Will-O-Wisp
- Recover
- Knock Off
You may have noticed that I put alternatives to Fake Out. This is because I see little need for it - Amoonguss can withstand Keldeo and Skarmory can shed the blood of enemy Fairies. That said, Foul Play assists Sableye in handling enemy physical fools. Fake Out is a luxury, which the Stall always has room for because we are so powerful.

I understand that Skarmory is your means of shedding the blood of enemy Fairies. However, it must be understood that Skarmory will falter if prior damage is present, because Skarmory has a mere 60 SpD and can fall. I hereby recommend to you four alternatives.

Chople Berry Ferrothorn is capable of handling Tornadus-T and Mega Gardevoir, as it can take a Fighting move and then spill some ever-delicious blood (oh, how it tastes so delicious!) or Thunder Wave so that Tyranitar can feast on their insides. It is also capable of stacking Spikes and spilling more blood with Leech Seed or Iron Barbs, while mutilating enemy Mega Lopunny in the event Clefable is unable to. Leech Seed also provides vigor to Tyranitar and Sableye. It also serves as an effective way to spill Azumarill's intestines.
Infested Ferrothorn (Ferrothorn) @ Chople Berry
Ability: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Spikes
- Leech Seed
- Gyro Ball
- Thunder Wave / Power Whip

Alternately, Doublade is an efficient devastator to enemies who foolishly believe Heracross, Tornadus-T, or Mega Gardevoir will keep them safe from the Stall. It is able to destroy their bodies far better than any other Stallisk I have seen.
Destructalisk (Doublade) @ Eviolite
Ability: No Guard
Sassy Nature
- Gyro Ball
- Toxic
- Rest
- Sacred Sword / Sleep Talk

Jirachi can do what Doublade does, and is an alternative.
Infested Jirachi (Jirachi) @ Leftovers
Ability: Serene Grace
EVs: 252 HP / 232 SpD / 20 Spe
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Toxic / Body Slam
- Wish
- Protect

If you choose to keep Skarmory, then I say you utilize Defog. This is optional, but the reason I say this is because you have Roar, so Whirlwind is unneeded. Again, the Stall can afford to have luxuries like this, so it's up to you.
Scaralisk (Skarmory) @ Leftovers/Shed Shell
Careful Nature
- Iron Head
- Spikes
- Roost
- Defog
Note that I recommend that you equip a Shed Shell, as it solves your Magnezone issues.

None of the changes (except Ferrothorn) handle Crawdaunt, but who cares? Crawdaunt doesn't exist as far as the Stall is concerned.

Summary (all of these are optional, the Stall is inwherently flawless):
- Loadout

-
->
/
/
OR Loadout on

Be proud of serving the Stall, and teach all who defy us the true fury of the Stall, and force them to kneel before their superiors and teach them where they belong..

Anish

luckynbad
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnus
Thank you for your advice I completely agree with running physically defensive Mega Sableye, and will make that change to my team. I actually had Chople Ferrothorn over Skarmory, but the reason I didnt use it is that it had no recovery, which was troublesome, and would burden Clefable, and I would sometimes not have anything to take Earthquakes. Even though Skarmory gets 2HKOd by Focus Blast, Ferrothorn also does the same, and the only way Tornadus would break past Skarmory is Heat Wave, so it doesnt offer punch in that regard. Jirachi and Doublade sacrifice Spikes, which was what I had built this team around. Defog on Skarmory was something I had considered, because I had no hazard removal, but I was a little concerned about Mega Scizor setting up on me, and since I would have to keep Suicune healthy to roar it out, I decided that it was a net negative, especially since I can set up Spikes and pressure him into defogging. Amoonguss takes care of Azumarill along with Clefable, and the only reason I'd use Ferrothorn would be for a rock resist, while the two most common rock type breakers run coverage to nail me on the switch.I would completely agree with you in getting rid of Fake Out if I had Defog, but since I dont I think it gives me more utility then Foul Play(Unaware Clefable deals with most physical attackers). If I ran Defog on Skarmory, I would still have a 30% chance to die from a +2 Bug Bite from a Offensive Scizor, and Mega Sableye often takes a little chip damage. Defensive Scizor could simply U turn away, killing me if I was below 60% or even predict that I would recover predicting a U turn and set up another Swords Dance.Shed Shell Skarmory would help me versus Magnezone, and I had briefly considered it, as it would allow me to set Spikes up easier against Magnezone teams, but my problem with Magnezone is largely due to the lack of switch ins and Mega Gardevoir would become more of a problem.I would love to here your opinion on a way I could deal with these problems, after changing it out.

Edit: Realized I was calcing with standard Mega Sableye and not physically Defensive Mega Sableye, however I would still lose after some chip damage, which is hard to avoid with a Mega Sableye, and I would hardly be able to pivot it into this that it checks, and this would force me to have to use Shed Shell Skarmory, in which case I wouldnt be able to deal with fairies that easily.

Edit 2: Is there any benchmark that I can hit with Mega Sableye. Also why is your Mega Sableye Careful?

Last edited:
I don't quote TheGuysWhoMashesMeteors, you can't play Skarmory with Spikes+Defog, or another Defogger in a Hazard Stacking and Doublade can't stop Tornadus-Therian (Knock Off+Heat Wave...)

Anyway, very nice AnishSomani, you team is pretty good and I haven't a true rate but I'd like to reply at TheGuys.

Great job ^^

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)