RMT: UU - Trapinch in a Cherish Ball

Introduction:
We all know Swellow is a beast in UU. So basically all UU teams spam Aggron, Steelix, Probopass, or Bastiodon (who sucks ass) to counter Swellow. So, when those bastard counters are eliminated Swellow will be cleared for a sweep. So lets get on with the team.

Preview:

-------------
Changes in this color.

Hitmontop @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
252 HP / 250 Atk / 8 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Mach Punch
- Fake Out
- Close Combat
- Pursuit

I always love using Hitmontop as a lead or on my team in particular. The priority moves given to Hitmontop are my savior, as it's saved my ass many times from the likes of Hitmonlee or those Fighting types (of course I would need prediction to have my Hitmontop end up against those Fighting types). Mach Punch and Fake Out are the priority mvoes in its arsenal, Bullet Punch will add to the priority moves but I don't need it... at all. Close Combat is simply for the extra power against sturdy rock types meant to counter Swellow. Pursuit is mainly for use of prediction or Rotom if I need to hit it.

How it aids Swellow: Hitmontop is my best revenge killer and it simply revenge kills pokemon packing Ice Shard such as Delibird (lulz). It's also my best way of killing Probopass who could Magnet Rise against my beloved Trapinch.

Altaria @ Choice Specs
Trait: Natural Cure
252 HP / 252 SpA / 6 Spe
Modest (+SpA, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Fire Blast
- Dragon Pulse
- Rest

I simply added Altaria to my party because of the handy Fire and Fighting resistance. I added the Specs set simply because I figured I could use a Special attacker to take down say defensive Claydoll. I have Rest to make up for loss damage, plus I don't need HP Ground since I have Trapinch and Hitmontop to get rid of those Steels / Rocks.

How it aids Swellow: Meh, not much from this aids Swellow, but it still packs a punch and further weakens the opponents' pokemon for Swellow to finish off.

Blastoise @ Leftovers
Trait: Torrent
252 HP / 252 Def / 6 SpA
Bold (+Def, -Atk)
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Ice Beam
- Yawn

My Rapid Spinner of course. And also my best way of switching into enemy Swellow, who ironically I have trouble switching into but can revenge kill it with Hitmontop, Absol, or Trapinch (lulz). Yawn is to make a good switch-in for my revenge killlers if the opponent happens to switch.

How it aids Swellow: It clears away Stealth Rock because that can easily hinder Swellow. It's also another way to eliminate those Steels / Rocks. Other than that, a good Fire resistance.

Trapinch @ Focus Sash
Trait: Arena Trap
164 HP / 252 Atk / 92 SpD
Brave (+Atk, -Spe)
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Crunch
- Quick Attack

The Lord and Savior that is Trapinch (in a Cherish Ball). Trapinch is very useful in eliminating the Steels such as Aggron, Steelix, Bastiodon, and Probopass (lacking Magnet Rise). Although its Speed could make a difference in terms of being useful any other time soon. But Quick Attack makes up for that Speed and makes a nice revenge killer. EVs given survive a Modest Manectric HP Ice. I changed Choice Band for Focus Sash so I can obviously live an important hit I normally wouldn't live, say Steelix Explosion.

How it aids Swellow: Traps Steels / Rocks and kills them. Self-explanitory.

Absol @ Leftovers
Trait: Super Luck
252 Atk / 6 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly (+Spe, -SpA)
- Swords Dance
- Baton Pass
- Sucker Punch
- Substitute

This is a great set, in my opinion. When the opponent will think I'll Sucker Punch for the faster priority, opponent uses non-attacking move while I get a free Baton Pass to my Swellow. This is very tricky to pull off But I feel that I don't really need the coverage as I already have Trapinch and Hitmontop to eliminate the Steels that wall Absol's two attacking moves. I have Life Orb over Leftovers simply to add to the surprise factor and also to gain the power that seems to be lost from the Jolly nature over Adamant nature. I changed Psycho Cut for Substitute, my reasons are because most Fighting types coming in will pack Mach Punch so Absol won't be beating them anyway, unless if I hit them on the switch-in but it would be more likely the opponent sends in an actual counter, such as Steels / Rocks which I can Baton Pass a Sub and possibly a Swords Dance to my Trapinch. Leftovers over Life Orb because I feel that using Substitute eliminates the surprise factor as they may expect a Baton Pass set once I Sub up. Also to the fact that Sub and Life Orb don't mix well at all.

How it aids Swellow: Absol can either pass some important stats to Swellow, or it can serve as my backup sweeper. Pretty much the same pokemon who counter Swellow counter this Absol as well, and Hitmontop and Trapinch can get rid of those Steels to open holes for not only Swellow, but Absol as well. Not to mention a nice revenge killer or bluffer with Sucker Punch and Baton Pass.

Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Jolly (+Spe, -Atk)
- Brave Bird
- Facade
- U-Turn
- Quick Attack

The primary sweeper of this team, Swellow. To be honest, I don't know if there's any difference in power between Flame Orb and Toxic Orb. I have Toxic Orb because of the less damage given in the first 3 turns so that Brave Bird won't give me as much recoil alongside with the optional Orbs. I never liked Brave Bird with the recoil damage plus Flame Orb and everything, but since this is for late game I don't mind it. Quick Attack is a great move for revenge killers coming in to... well revenge kill with a priority move or with Choice Scarf. U-Turn is a great way to bait the counters to bring my Trapinch or Hitmontop in against them, which is why I sometimes use Swellow as my lead. Despite me having Quick Attack, I still have Jolly nature in order to outspeed everything in the UU metagame, besides Base 67 or higher Scarfs or Electrode.

Conclusion:
Overall, this is a pretty offensive team meant to be used with great prediction. It takes a team to help out Swellow, and by doing so Swellow is an even bigger beast then ever. But, the real star of the team is Trapinch in a Cherish Ball. Because without it's aids in guaranteed Steel killing, Swellow won't be sweeping anytime soon.

If you are playing UU with another person, Im sorry but manetric quiet frankly owns if:

Swellow is dead
It packs HP ice
It has 252 speed and special attack

Blastoise-Thunderbolt
Absol-Thunderbolt/Overheat/Thunder
Trapinch-HP ice
Alteria-HP ice
Hitmontop-Thunderbolt/Thunder

If rain dance is in play ur screwed there, and electrode kills every poke on this team in UU

Oh and btw, Hi Zues, It's Donut

If you are playing UU with another person, Im sorry but manetric quiet frankly owns if:

Swellow is dead
It packs HP ice
It has 252 speed and special attack

Blastoise-Thunderbolt
Absol-Thunderbolt/Overheat/Thunder
Trapinch-HP ice
Alteria-HP ice
Hitmontop-Thunderbolt/Thunder

If rain dance is in play ur screwed there, and electrode kills every poke on this team in UU

Oh and btw, Hi Zeus, It's Donut
Spell the name right <_<

I can work around Manectric with prediction. And I did mention that my Trapinch can live a Modest HP Ice. Learn to read before posting. Hitmontop can Fake Out - Mach Punch the hell out of Manectric. Swellow can outspeed... you're saying it doesnt outspeed? Retarded statement. Absol Sucker Punches on Manectric also. I can deal with Manectric. If Trapinch can live Manectric HP Ice, then it can live Electrode HP Ice. I can use prediction to make sure I have the advantage over Manectric.

I'm sorry, but that was sort of retarded.

I don't really play too much UU, but the team I have is also based around a Swellow sweep (employing Trapinch, BP Absol and Rapid Spin Blastoise).

Anyway, first of all, I like Focus Sash on my Trapinch as alot of what you'll be trapping can outspeed you. In going with this Flail, becomes a pretty potent move with 200 BP. Flail could probably go over Crunch, but i'm not too sure on what Dark covers.

Usually it'd go something like;

Trapinch used Earthquake!
Aggron lost 100% HP, Aggron fainted.

Opponent switched in Claydol.
Claydol used Ice Beam!
Trapinch held on with its Focus Sash!
Trapinch used Flail!
Claydol lost 60%-70% HP.

The same could go for a bunch of UU Tanks and walls like Meganium, Blastoise. Ground/Normal actually has pretty decent coverage as Ground takes care of Steels and Rocks. It'll also let you grab you a 'free kill' against a lot of things, if Stealth Rock isn't up.

Another example;

Player switched in Trapinch.
Electrode used Thunderbolt!
It didn't affect Trapinch...

Electrode used Hidden Power (Ice)!
Trapinch held on with its Focus Sash!
Trapinch used Earthquake!
Electrode fainted.

EDIT: And just in case you're wondering, Adamant/Sash Trapinch will do 85%-99% to a +Nature (252 HP/252 Def) Aggron.

Sashing trapinch would help as not too many people in UU have manetric and trode on the same team, but beware of both, this team is either going to get 4-5-0ed in they are in a team together, but that is very unlikely

Wow Train Man, I swear I never copied this team =(

Alright, I will go with Focus Sash. It should help me out. I never knew Trapinch can learn Flail. Well I do now.

Any other suggestions?

EDIT: Btw Donut, if you want to be a Team Rater, give suggestions on what I should do to prevent this "Manectric" weakness. You never gave any suggestions, but then you just took the words right out of Train Man's mouth. And congrats on 1000 posts ^^

Um...let's see in UU I guess clefable counters manetrick being able to softboil, I can't really think of anything ATM LOL XD ZOOS

And can you comment m RMT

Oh, lol. I don't think you ever copied my Team. Heh, i've only ever played UU like half a dozen times. I just said that, so it would like, I kinda know what i'm doing =)

Also, i'd reccommend Substitute over Psycho Cut on Absol as the Fighting types you'd generally use Psycho Cut on (Hitmontop) will usually Mach Punch. Likewise if a Bulky Steel does come in, you'll have a sub up which can be passed onto Trapinch (saving his Sash).

Oh, lol. I don't think you ever copied my Team. Heh, i've only ever played UU like half a dozen times. I just said that, so it would like, I kinda know what i'm doing =)

Also, i'd reccommend Substitute over Psycho Cut on Absol as the Fighting types you'd generally use Psycho Cut on (Hitmontop) will usually Mach Punch. Likewise if a Bulky Steel does come in, you'll have a sub up which can be passed onto Trapinch (saving his Sash).
Mmmm, another fun suggestion. Sub over Psycho Cut can be tested. Thanks for the rate. Anyone else?

Wow! I can't believe that I didn't think of this earlier! I use this pokemon in OU all the time. I can't say that I know UU, but i'll try my best.
You could always try Cacturne as a Focus Sasher. I'm pretty sure that most people don't use him, so you will have the element of surprise on your hands.

Even though Absol's Sucker punch is the most powerful priority move in the game, Cacturne has an even better prediciton game imo. Swords dance on the switch, Sucker punch, and then when thy think that you'll use Sucker punch, use Focus punch. Of course you could always change this for counter, but it really is up to you.

If you want the spread i'll post it, if not, I tried.

Wow! I can't believe that I didn't think of this earlier! I use this pokemon in OU all the time. I can't say that I know UU, but i'll try my best.
You could always try Cacturne as a Focus Sasher. I'm pretty sure that most people don't use him, so you will have the element of surprise on your hands.

Even though Absol's Sucker punch is the most powerful priority move in the game, Cacturne has an even better prediciton game imo. Swords dance on the switch, Sucker punch, and then when thy think that you'll use Sucker punch, use Focus punch. Of course you could always change this for counter, but it really is up to you.

If you want the spread i'll post it, if not, I tried.
I'm sticking with Absol because of its ability to Baton Pass and get an easier switch-in for Trapinch.

If you wanna trap steels, Probopass is far more useful than Trapinch at that. As for Absol, I personally feel that Leafeon is much more reliable at passing SD.

Toxic Orb is a bad idea.
You do realize that toxic orb activates Swellow's ability Guts right? Well anyways since Trapinch can live Hp Ice from Manetrick it should do fine even without sash also Hitmontop can absorb Special hits pretty well in general and its priority moves counter him so don't listen to Donut you should be fine with Manetric. Anyways other than that I see no true counter towards the team great job ^_^.

If you wanna trap steels, Probopass is far more useful than Trapinch at that. As for Absol, I personally feel that Leafeon is much more reliable at passing SD.
Absol to me is better suited for this team, I find it much easier to bait the Steels / Rocks in so I can send in Trapinch. Leafeon can also attract Grass types such as Meganium and I don't want that, as I'm only gunning for Steels / Rocks, which Absol can attract. For Probopass, well... I may go wth Probopass, but I just like Trapinch, lulz, and I'm sticking with Trapinch so I can also take down Rock types such as Golem, but I have Hitmontop for Fighting types but they'll just switch out against Hitmontop. I like the fast pace way of taking care of the counters of Swellow.

hmm, I don't know about UU too much, but there was a nifty scarftricking bellydrumming linoone in the creative moveset thread that I found when sorting, and that brings me to, um, well, doesn't linoone with espeed and belly drum sweep this whole team? as far as mach punch and fake out, linoone is faster and also has priority, so hitmontop doesn't help.

on that note, maybe a steel trapping superdefensive probopass is better than trapinch. though I guess the sash could save you if sr isn't up

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)