RMT Triples Random Matchup

Hello, I've been actually following the forums and such for a long time but I feel like I'm part of it (?)
Anyway I'd like some advice on my team for triples, I've actually been using it since GenV but after a lot of testing and matches it has suffered many modifications. Currently this one is the one that has worked the best for me but I think it still has its flaws. All in all I've got a lot of victories with it but due to the transition of GenV to Gen VI it happens to have 2 slots that still bug me.

Updated: 02/02/14

Well, here is :v

Margarita (F-Politoed)@Damp Rock
Drizzle
Bold 252HP/252Def/4SDef
Scald
Protect
Ice Beam
Perish Song

Margarita™ is probably one of the main cores in my team, she does not only summons rain but also provides distractions for the oponent (mostly because I send her always at the center), as well as helping my mindgame regarding switch ins. Scald is her main STAB and can also block most physical threats, Ice Beam is mostly for coverage but can also help me to take out Gliscor as well as some dragons. Protect thanks to her habit of drawing attention helps me also scout for potential Mega Charizard Y, as well as redirect some attacks that would go for Kingdra. Finally Perish Song helps me build momentum at the begining of a match or help me take out walls and Pokés that just set up (specially Scizor). At first I was hesistant about the EV spread but it has helped because thanks to Klefki she can tank up most special electric moves. Althougt her role is very set I usually switch her out on the 2nd or third sun for either Scizor or Trevenant who will receive not very effective moves othwerise letal on Margarita.

UPDATED
Cereal (M-Klefki)@Light Clay
Prankster
Careful 252HP/160Def/90SDef
Reflect
Light Screen
Rain Dance
Fairy Lock

New description coming soon
Cereal™ is the second core in my team. Previously a Serperior (who thanks to high speed and medium defenses was a very nice DS summoner) Cereal has showed potential thanks to Prankster which helps even when Kingdra or other attacker needs inmedate support. Dual Screens are vital to my team, because due to the nature of the metagame it's common to hit hard and fast from the begining and thanks to the screens it gives me that advantage plus some longevity for my attackers. Rain Dance was a recent adition thanks to the commoness of Mega Charizard Y, due to Mega Evolution occuring first Cereal can negate Drought and keep me in momentum at the same time. Finally Foul Play gives Cereal a chance to strike any threat who still hasn't taken out him. Cereal is always sent to one of the sides.

La Huracan (F-Kingdra)@Chesto Berry/Lum Berry
Adamant 252Atk/252Spe/4HP
Swfit Swim
Waterfall
Outrage
Dragon Dance
Rest

La Huracan™ is the main force in my team from my assembled trio of attackers. Her main role consists in sweeping what she is capable of that is on her side. Yup, I make an enfasis because for safety she HAS
to be on the sides, if she was on the center she like Margarita suffers a lot from drawing attention thanks to obviousness, so to encourage her longevity I leave her at the sides. Not much here, Waterfall is main STAB and boosted from the rain makes her ridiculously powerful. Outrage lets her quickly take out almost any dragon (with the exception of DW Dragonite). Previously La Huracan was a Choice Band sweeper but I noticed that some stuff like water absorb walled her completely, so instead of runing a CB set, why not give her some extra power in DD? Rest too helps Kingdra extend her longevity even more after some DDs. Chesto Berry guarantess Kingdra to recover full health but Lum Berry provides her of a way to continue atacking after an Outrage. Which one should I leave for her?

UPDATED
Vainilla (F-Ampharos)@Ampharosite
Relaxed 252HP/96Def/160SDef
Static->Mold Breaker

Thunder
Dragon Pulse

Protect
Power Gem

New description coming soon.
Marisa was a recent addition and the third attacker. My lack of both Thundurus and Starmie has left me with a bulky special attacker, netherless her uselfulness has been restricted to some safe switch ins and to take care of Mega Charizard Y. Thunder is main STAB and hits hard, while Dragon Pulse allows her to go for X1 damage. Cotton Guard helps her to discourage physical sweepers and Charge boosts her so needed SDef while boosting an uncoming Thunder. I however, plan to rehaul her spread completely and sacrifice power with bulk and restrict her role to eliminate Mega Charizard Y.

12- SpA Mold Breaker Mega Ampharos Thunder vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Mega Charizard Y: 156-186 (101.2 - 120.7%) -- guaranteed OHKO

In the past she had some struggle doing something other than uselessly deplete the oponents HP bar a bit, I think Marisa doesn't needs that much power because with no way to boost her SAtk safely and strike fast she could be given more bulk but what do you think?

Churro (F-Scizor)@Rocky Helmet
Adamant 252HP/252Atk/4Def
Technician
Swords Dance
Protect
Bullet Punch
Aerial Ace

Churro™ is the second main attacker in my team. Thanks to it's typing when Churro is on the field she draws all the attention of al fire types, which allow me to make a safe switch in into either Kingdra, Politoed or already mega evolved Ampharos. Swords Dance plays an important role in drawing attention of other attackers as well as boosting Churro Atk. Bullet Punch is main STAB and helps to get rid of stuff Kingdra can, while Aerial Ace provides her a reliable way of exterminating threads on the oposite side. Protect was changed with Roost, due to the fact that Churro can't reliable recover due to her low speed. Usually at the begining of the matches I switch Margarita with Scizor or with Cereal (after dual screens) to conserve momentum.

OUTDATED later updating with Cofagrigus
Cherry (F-Trevenant)@Sitrus Berry
Sassy 252HP/252Def/4SDef
Harvest
Phantom Force
Leech Seed
Confuse Ray
Will-O Wisp

Cherry™ too was a new addition, but her role has been depressing in my latest matches. Althought the EV spread and nature helps her, her main problem is her base stats. However Cherry still has a nice use in stoping physical walls on her tracks as well as giving safe switch ins for either Polited or Kingdra. Netherless I'm planning on switching her with Cofagrigus, but what do you think?
Leech Seed can summon switch ins as well as stop certain walls, while Will-O Wisp is her main method of inutilizing physical attackers. Confuse Ray fills both roles too while Phantom Force lets her stall and hit at the same time.

Well, what's the main problem of my team?
Those 2 free slots I mentioned are Ampharos and Trevenant, althought I really wish to keep Ampharos with the sole role of getting rid of Mega Charizard Y, but are there any other threats that Ampharos can take out or other rolls she can fullfil?
Trevenant is surely going to be changed in the future for a Cofagrigus but is ther any advantage to keep Trevenant? Is there any other Pokémon that can help me fill those 2 slots?
Also any other opinion? It will bug me tho that I'll only have 2 attackers 3 supports and 1 pseudo support in the end...

Battle Videos UPDATED
If you wanna see some matches of this team on XY:
Pre addition of Ampharos and Trevenant.
(Please note the Blastoise is full attacker and the Goodra is specially defensive attacker)
R95W-WWWW-WWW4-9G9K
ZMFG-WWWW-WWW4-9G8D
N2JG-WWWW-WWW3-TA83

After addition of Ampharos and Trevenant.
NBYG-WWWW-WWW3-UA3C
LPHW-WWWW-WWW4-9G7J Took video down
PFUG-WWWW-WWW4-9G9Z (not so entretaining)
99CG-WWWW-WWW4-4DLV
SRSG-WWWW-WWW4-9DTB

UPDATE
After addition of Cofagrigus
C3LG-WWWW-WWW4-MFJ8 Free battle, features oponent with legendaries
MWEW-WWWW-WWW5-6X6J Heated battle, lost
U97G-WWWW-WWW5-6WTZ Fairy Lock+Perish Song success

Thanks in advance! And sorry if it's too much but this team is the one that got me realy obssesed into triples since BW.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)