RMT: Time for UU

I honestly don't have a great knowledge of the UU Tier, but I do know a fact that this particular team seems to have the nice resistances from the defensive core, and two nice late game sweepers to end the battle.

So, lets get to it, shall we?

First impression:

---
Changes in bold.

Swellow @ Toxic Orb
Trait: Guts
6 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Protect
- U-Turn
- Facade
- Pursuit

Out of Hitmontop and Swellow, Swellow fills this role as lead. Protect can scout pokemon who can be debatable on what type of lead the opponent may possess, say like Rotom can be either Choiced or a Status Inducer. U-Turn can go alongside with the scouting mindgames. Pursuit can be for that said Rotom. Facade is simply beast in tandem with Toxic Orb and Guts. I have Adamant over Jolly for right now, but if there are reasons for me going to Jolly nature instead, let me know.

Meganium @ Leftovers
Trait: Overgrow
216 HP / 148 Def / 144 SpA
Bold (+SpD, -Atk)
- Energy Ball
- HP Ice
- Leech Seed
- Aromatherapy

Meganium replaced Vileplume. Apparently Vileplume can only get Leech Seed through an event, which I did not know that (lol). Since I actually need a Leech Seeder in order go in tandem with Toxic and Stealth Rock, I used Meganium since this can bring an extra Ground resistance. People should always bring HP Ice on Meganium for a second attacking move and a defense against Vileplume or opposing Meganium.

Mantine @ Leftovers
Trait: Water Absorb
252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 Spe
Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
- Surf
- Toxic
- Protect
- Ice Beam

My main Special Wall and with that handy Fighting and Water resistance. Toxic-Stall is this Mantine's game for this team. Surf and Ice Beam serve as its main attacking moves... yeah.

Clefable @ Leftovers
Trait: Magic Guard
252 HP / 252 SpD / 6 Spe
Calm (+SpD, -Atk)
- Wish
- Reflect
- Seismic Toss
- Protect

Well, WishClefable is on this team. Claydoll and Mantine will need all the recovery they can get, but since neither of them have recovery Clefable will have to provide them with just that. Reflect to further increase the defense for this team, especially Mantine with its Fighting resistance. Seismic Toss, standard. I changed HP Fighting to Protect, because I don't really have a safe switch-in against Swellow, but with having Protect I can easily get a Reflect up and at the same time get Leftovers gain, and not to mention get an easier Wish for Clefable.

Claydoll @ Leftovers
Trait: Levitate
252 HP / 136 Def / 120 SpA
Relaxed (+Def, -Spe)
- Earthquake
- Ice Beam
- Stealth Rock
- Rapid Spin

My needed Rapid Spinner. Mantine and Swellow are wrecked by Stealth Rock so I have Claydoll to blow that shit away. Meh, standard set. Stealth Rock is better here, maybe Light Screen so Clefable or even Claydoll itself can take Manectric. Hmmm, well it's pretty standard.

Hitmontop @ Life Orb
Trait: Technician
252 HP / 252 Atk / 6 Spe
Adamant (+Atk, -SpA)
- Fake Out
- Mach Punch
- Bullet Punch
- Close Combat

Late game sweeper. This thing is pretty insane with it's three priority moves in its arsenal. Close Combat deals extra heavy damage to the walls, and can also force many switches which goes nice in tandem with Stealth Rock.

RATE, FIX, DESTROY (lolwut?), STEAL (lol).

Vileplume can't have Leech Seed since it is an event move, so you will need to replace it with something else. Sleep Powder maybe? However, if you are dead set on having Seeds on your team, go with Meganium. You already have 2 Fighting resist on the team to help cover that up.

For Clef, you can always use Protect over HP Fight. Helps Clef heal itself from wishes and helps scout Choice users. If you don't want to use Protect than Toxic is always good to have another status giver.

Opposing Swellow or CB Normals will cause trouble because you don't have a resist for them, and your only way around them is to "revenge" kill with Hitmontop, or hope Clef can get a reflect up, but she will not enjoy taking that first hit. The only thing I see that is dispensible for a rock or steel physical wall is Clef, but that is your wish support. It's something to look into.

That's all I have right now, the team is looking good.

I have Adamant over Jolly for right now, but if there are reasons for me going to Jolly nature instead, let me know.
Outspeeding the ever common Persian starter is the main reason to go jolly ...

Stealth Rock is better here, maybe Light Screen so Clefable or even Claydoll itself can take Manectric.
Claydol can generally take Manetric on (and win) without Light Screen. Mine has no SpD EVs and still manages to beat it one on one, eight out of every ten times.

HP Fighting is new, but I use it for opposing Clefables and Steels such as Aggron and Probopass.
Drop it. Clefable has far better things to do, and you have Claydol to deal with the Steels and 'top for opposing Clefable. Give it Encore or Protect instead.

Drop Ice Beam on Mantine for HP Flying. It gets STAB making it stronger than IB and covers alot more. It gets super effective on the ever common fighters, grass and Scyther of UU. Ground types still eat neutral or super effective from its STAB water attacks anyway.

I really don't understand why people use IB on Mantine when Flying/Water is a far superior offensive combination being utterly unresisted cept by Lanturn and Empoleon and getting numerous super effectives.

Vileplume can't have Leech Seed since it is an event move, so you will need to replace it with something else. Sleep Powder maybe? However, if you are dead set on having Seeds on your team, go with Meganium. You already have 2 Fighting resist on the team to help cover that up.
Wow, I didn't even know Leech Seed is an Event move, pretty unbelievable but I guess that's true, since you have had that knowledge (lulz, aww).

For Clef, you can always use Protect over HP Fight. Helps Clef heal itself from wishes and helps scout Choice users. If you don't want to use Protect than Toxic is always good to have another status giver.

Opposing Swellow or CB Normals will cause trouble because you don't have a resist for them, and your only way around them is to "revenge" kill with Hitmontop, or hope Clef can get a reflect up, but she will not enjoy taking that first hit. The only thing I see that is dispensible for a rock or steel physical wall is Clef, but that is your wish support. It's something to look into.
I'm just going to trust Clefable setting up Reflect for Claydoll to have an easier switch-in. And because of this Swellow weakness, I'm going for Protect on Clefable to get a Reflect up easier, more Lefties gain, and a free Wish for Clefable.

Outspeeding the ever common Persian starter is the main reason to go jolly ...
Maybe that would be overcentralizing a bit too much? Unless I have a huge weakness to Persian which appears I don't. I went for power over speed this time, because I obviously don't have a really good hard hitter, plus it can catch over pokemon off guard who would think it's Jolly natured. Plus Hitmontop can finish off Persian or any pokemon outspeeding Adamant Swellow.

Claydol can generally take Manetric on (and win) without Light Screen. Mine has no SpD EVs and still manages to beat it one on one, eight out of every ten times.
Alright then. ^_^

Drop it. Clefable has far better things to do, and you have Claydol to deal with the Steels and 'top for opposing Clefable. Give it Encore or Protect instead.
Gave it Protect for a reason already explained.

Drop Ice Beam on Mantine for HP Flying. It gets STAB making it stronger than IB and covers alot more. It gets super effective on the ever common fighters, grass and Scyther of UU. Ground types still eat neutral or super effective from its STAB water attacks anyway.

I really don't understand why people use IB on Mantine when Flying/Water is a far superior offensive combination being utterly unresisted cept by Lanturn and Empoleon and getting numerous super effectives.
Empoleon is BL. I think I'll need Ice Beam for Altaria, and I can just Toxicstall Lanturn and then switch out to Meganium obviously because of a possible Thunderbolt, which Mantine can take at least one. Ice Beam also hits Grass types, and Scyther as well. But I guess HP Flying is more powerful, getting STAB bonus (as told by someone else). I really won't need to hit the Fighting types with a Super Effective move, as I can switch-in Claydoll and rely on him to take them on, plus I may not have time to get the HP Flying attack off as most... all UU Fighting types outspeed and OHKO with a Thunderpunch or Stone Edge.

For now I'm sticking with Ice Beam.

**Updated.

This is a pretty good team that deals with most common threats, barring Swellow itself probably. You can stop Swellow and other normal types pretty easily with Steelix/Aggron/Probopass (Techinician Top feels unecessary), but it isn't required. Jolly isn't necessary on Swellow, since you can protect against Persian and protect against status/block Fake Out.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)