RMT Tangrowth FTW

This team is fairly offensive and really likes to break physical walls. Tangrowth is essentially the rock of this team that is a great switch in on many OU threats. The rest of my team is placed to either capitolize on a stat rise or sweep the foes remainding pokemon. So far in testing I'm 10 wins and 3 losses.

Lucario - Raikou - Tangrowth - Magmortar - Gengar - Heracross

Lucario (M) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Inner Focus
EVs: 4 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Swords Dance
- Close Combat
- Extremespeed
- Crunch
The idea here is to catch many common leads off guard and have an ability to revenge kill. Inner focus is great against Fake Outters and choice scarfs tricked onto lucario really dont bother him because they are seen from a mile away + Lucario can use the upgrade late game. Espeed is hilarious against ninjask leads. If i want, I can always SD as long as I'm not tricked. If anyting like Metagross or Swampypoo comes in i switch to Tangrowth. I was thinking of switching SD with Ice Punch because I've seen lots of dragon leads lately.
---
Raikou @ Leftovers
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Charge Beam
- Thunderbolt
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Ice]
Raikou is actually a great sweeper and the only real reason he's in BL is because Jolteon does it "better" (w/ volt absorb speed etc) Personally I feel as if 115 SpA just gets me more K/O's than 110. Anyways the idea is to charge beam revenge kill (Usually on something that i would normally shadow ball or hp ice because i fear electivire) ... Its like a 60% chance at a boost in SpA and then sweep the remainder of the team once eliminating walls. I'm up for suggestions but generally with Tangrowth i go for HP Ice. I don't have to fear EQ with Tangrowth, Gengar, and Heracross at my disposal.
---
Tangrowth (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Chlorophyll
EVs: 252 Atk/4 Def/252 Spd
- Swords Dance
- Stun Spore
- Earthquake
- Power Whip
Sword Dance on Tangrowth is just amazing. He only has 218 max speed so first I paralyze anything i can. If I run into Swampy then I just SD, Take the Ice Beam and whip the hell out of him. Stab Power Whip does damage but it is a bit innacurrate. EQ finishes the rest. Oh and btw, he's a defensive sponge that eats earthquakes and even physical suppereffective attacks. He also resists Bullet Punch and will OHKO Scizor after one SD.
---
Magmortar (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Modest nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Fire Blast
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast
I use Magmortar to catch big threats offguard. With a choice scarf Magmortar beats many other scarfers like Ttar and Heatran that give me trouble. I'm most likely going to switch Psychic with HP Ice because dragons can sometimes give me trouble. Overall he does a great job and does it well, I'm just affraid of his lack of accuracy (though it hasn't been a problem)
---
Gengar (M) @ Wide Lens
Ability: Levitate
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Destiny Bond
- Shadow Ball
- Hidden Power [Fire]
- Focus Blast
Gengar is my Scizor/Ttar/Rotom killer but he also fills the role of doing the dirty work. He gets kills on plenty of other pokemon like lucario. Although he does his job well, I'm not great at using destiny bond. It seems like every time i wish to use it the foe paralyzes me or something like that. I'm up for any suggestions to maybe use the subgar set. I obviously run wide lens because i've been robbed many times in my pokejourney.
---
Heracross (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Swarm
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Stone Edge
- Night Slash
Heracross is an all around beast outspeeding almost everyting with base 85 scarfed. He takes out Gyara after a DD (so does Magmortar) and he easily destroys Heatran, Lucario, Bliss, etc, etc... He's resistant to ground which is what makes him such a good partner to Magmortar after he's locked into Fire Blast. He also OHKO's infernape with one STAB CC. A great late game sweeper.

Major Weaknesses:
-Fire, 3 Pokemon are weak to fire and Gengar wont likely survive even a flamethrower from the top threats. The good thing is that most of my pokemon, especially scarfed can deal with them appropriately. HOWEVER, Scarfed Heatran and Substitute Heatran rip my team to shreds if focus blast misses or they force me to switch out.
-Accuracy can be a big problem and it gets worse in sand.

Any suggestions and criticism is welcomed. Thanks! -TG-

hello
a couple of things
1) i have anti lead lucario and counter is better than SD. it save you from having to send in Tangrowth as swampy will EQ which you can counter
2) wide lens is ok on gengar but life orb is better. the extra power is usally better but if the accuracy is working, then fine.
3) heatran is superior to magmortar. it takes care of a fire weakness, is faster and has more power. you can use heracross to lure out a fire type move, then switch to heatran

I used to run counter and it did work well. The only thing is that I want to switch in tangrowth, take about 20% damage, keep my sash on lucario and either OHKO or set up

I will press my luck with life orb. thanks

heatran is actually slower than magmortar, and only has 5 extra base spa

Heatran is usually better than Magmortar. Heatran doesn't have that nasty SR weakness and has a boatload of resistances, so you might want to consider it over Magmortar.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)