RMT OU =\

So after having used this team for quite a while and having decent success with it, I noticed it wasn’t performing as well as it had been (peaking in the top 20 on leaderboard). So, I figured it was time to ask the many great minds here at Smogon to take a look at it and see if they can fix it up a little. So without further delay, my team.

Swampert (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 240 hp/216 def/52 spA
Relaxed nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Surf
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Ice beam

Swampert is just a solid Pokemon in general, and as a lead he almost never fails to get up Stealth Rock for my team. He also isn't suicidal, so I don't start my battles down 6-5 like with some other common leads.I was debating between physical and special but ended upon physical. Waterfall and Earthquake are for stab and decent coverage; Stone Edge is for flying types, particularly Gyarados and Salamence. Also my electric immunity.

Scizor (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Technician
EVs: 202 HP/252 Atk/56 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Superpower
- Pursuit

Choice Band Scizor, this guy has bailed me out of a lot of rough times with that very strong Bullet Punch. He also helps with scouting, and in some cases trapping dangerous threats. Superpower is to catch those Heatran switch ins, and the other moves were covered. My main revenge killer, I rely on him for a lot.

Latias (F) @ Choice Specs
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Draco Meteor
- Dragon Pulse
- Surf
- Hidden Power [Fire]

After admittedly not playing suspect when Latias was up for vote, I wanted to see how well it could work. I played around with a few sets but this was my favorite. Draco Meteor is to catch most switch ins, Dragon Pulse is for late game when this thing out speeds the majority of Pokemon, and my opponents team is sufficiently beat down. Surf is for Heatran and Tyranitar, Hidden Power fire is for all the other steels. I usually don't reveal this until late in the game, in hopes my opponent will be less careful with its counters. Also one of my ground immunes.

Machamp (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: No Guard
EVs: 252 HP/252 Atk/4 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Dynamicpunch
- Substitute
- Stone Edge
- Payback

With all the Tyranitar and Stall teams running around, this guy has proven to be quite useful. He can easily set up on a lot of common Pokemon, and after getting a sub up usually can deal with whatever comes in. He also serves as a decent way to stop Latias. Even though I haven’t run calcs on it (not much of a calc person) I’ve never seen him OHKO’d by +1 Dragon Pulse. He also stops non-life orb Gyarados pretty well. Against stall he can set up on Blissey and draw their ghost in, and quickly kill it with payback.

Heatran (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Flash Fire
EVs: 4 HP/252 Spd/252 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Earth Power
- Fire Blast
- Substitute
- Toxic

Sub Tran is my favorite Tran set. With all the choice users flying around, he as an easy time finding a chance to get a sub up, and once behind it he can toxic stall or just kill whatever comes out. He also resists dragon attacks with decent bulk, something no team should be without. He can also scare some pokemon off, since most people are afraid of the scarfed version. Fire immune, and a few useful resitances

Rotom-h @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 220 HP/100 Spd/178 SAtk/12 SDef
Timid nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Trick
- Thunderbolt
- Will-o-wisp
- Shadow Ball

Scarf Rotom does a lot for my team. It tricks scarf onto Blissey or another wall when playing stall, Deals with Scizor, Gyarados, Infernape, Lucario and I’m sure there are more. At first I was always tricking away my scarf, but later I realized how valuable it could be if I kept it, and so now I avoid tricking it unless playing stall. Will-o-wisp is for Tyranitar switch ins that try and trap me with pursuit, and other physical attackers in general. Ground, Fighting, and Normal immune.

So in conclusion please look through my team carefully and help me with weaknesses you notice that I obviously didn't =\

Threat List

Offensive Threat List

Aerodactyl: Swampert, Rotom, Scizor, Machamp all deal with him fairly easily

Alakazam: Scizor, Latias, and Heatran can take its stab attacks, and Scizor can bullet punch it away.

Azelf: Same as above, most people lead with it anyway.

Breloom: Usually let Swampert take the sleep, after that it can’t really do anything to my team.

Dragonite: Latias out speeds before a Dragon Dance, and Scizor can kill with bullet punch. Swampert can also take an attack or two and hurt it with Stone Edge

Dugtrio: Well if it traps Heatran that’s about the extent of what it can do to my team.

Electivire: Latias can deal with it fairly well, and as long as it’s lacking a grass move Swampert isn’t afraid of it.

Empoleon: Rotom can handle it, Latias out speeds and beats it if it doesn’t have Ice Beam.

Flygon: Most are choice, and I can play around it. Scizor also keeps it away with Bullet Punch

Gengar: Scizor and Machamp can handle it

Gyarados: Swampert, Rotom, and Machamp all deal with it pretty well.

Heatran: My own Heatran can take fire attacks, Latias can take fire and ground, Rotom can take explosion and Swampert deals with almost all sets.

Heracross: Scizor and Rotom do a good job against it, Heatran and Machamp can take bug attacks and Latias can take fighting. Swampert can also take Stone Edge.

Infernape: Latias and Rotom, Machamp in a pinch.

Jirachi: Swampert and Heatran deal with it pretty well

Jolteon: Swampert and Rotom take electric attacks; Machamp can take almost anything it can dish out and KO it back.

Kingdra: Swampert and Rotom.

Latias: Scizor can revenge, Machamp can to an extent

Lucario: Scarf Rotom is my best bet, I’m better off just not letting it get set up

Machamp: Can be a pain, Rotom usually burns it then goes to Heatran to stall.

Magnezone: Can trap Scizor, other then that it not going to do a whole lot to my team.

Mamoswine: Scizor, Machamp, Rotom.

Metagross: Rotom and Swampert

Porygon-Z: If anyone still uses it Latias out speeds and Scizor can revenge with Bullet Punch.

Rhyperior: Rotom Can burn, Scizor can revenge, Latias and Swampert have water attacks

Salamence: Another rough one, Latias can deal with non-Dragon Dance and Scizor can revenge

Scizor: Heatran and Rotom

Starmie: Rotom

Togekiss: Rotom and Scizor

Tyranitar: Scizor Swampert and Machamp

Weavile: Scizor and Machamp

Yanmega: Scizor and Rotom

Defensive Threat List:

Blissey: Machamp and Scizor, or Rotom can trick a scarf on it

Bronzong: Heatran

Celebi: Heatran, Scizor and Rotom

Cresselia: Scizor and Rotom

Donphan: Swampert if it doesn’t have seed bomb, Rotom.

Foretress: Heatran and Rotom

Gliscor: Rotom and Latias

Skarmory: Latias Rotom and Heatran

Snorlax: Machamp

Suicune: Another tough one, I have to hope it lets Rotom trick it into a calm mind or rest

Swampert: Rotom can burn it, Latias and Scizor can wear it down

Tentacruel: Rotom and Swampert

Vaporeon: Rotom

Zapdos: Machamp, but he gets stalled easy. Swampert can do an ok job barring hp grass, Latias barring hp ice.

locopoke

Banned deucer.
Hey there huntofthelion, nice team. To be honest I really like it, and there isn't much that I would change, just a few little things. The first being that I'd swap your Swampert out and use the Standard MixPert set, I think it would fit much better on this team. Also this is just my preference, but on my Specs Latias, I use Trick. I feel that it just works better in the long run. The only other thing, is that I would change Heatran's nature to Timid, seeing as Naive has no place on that set. Nothing else really, and again, great team!

Also, what form is Rotom in?

EDIT: Stupid question, didn't see the H

Protect is good on Swampert to scout for attacks, get some Leftovers recovery and to possibly fool an explosion run. It definitely does have it's uses, though Ice Beam should stay.

If you want, swap Stone Edge for Encore on Machamp. It will help you set up your team and force some switches, allowing you to hit some with a Dynamic Punch, or predict what your opponent is switching in. Also, it's good for the Stealth Rock you have set up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)