ORAS NU RMT! Need Help Adjusting My Team

Hey so I built a team in NU using basically some of the biggest threats! I have reached about 1400 on the ladder and can't seem to push up higher :(
So here is my team:

Primeape: 252 Atk / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
Nature: Jolly
Ability: Defiant
Item: Choice Scarf
Moveset: Close Combat / U-Turn / Ice Punch / Stone Edge

So Primeape is a beast. 9/10 I lead off with this guy for momentum. Doesn't really see much action mid game as he can't be switched into an attack as he takes too much damage. Is good to use as a revenge killer either CCing or U-Turning out again. Very good late game sweeper but a bit vulnerable to priority. Defiant gives a great free boost against sticky web teams and also defog users

Pyroar: 252 SpA / 252 Spe / 4 SpDef
Nature: Timid
Ability: Unnerve
Item: Choice Specs
Moveset: Fire Blast / Hyper Voice / Dark Pulse / Hidden Power Grass

Pyroar is so so good! With the choice specs most things get 2 Hit K'Od by fire blast or even hyper voice. Dark Pulse isn't particularly useful but I don't know what else to run. HP Grass is great for Quagsire/Seismetoad/Rhydon etc although has to be used very carefully. With a great base speed of 106 it outspeeds most things in the tier, although is again very frail. Unnerve is used because moxie is useless and rivalry is too risky.

Malamar: 248 HP / 252 SpDef / 8 Spe
Nature: Careful
Ability: Contrary
Item: Leftovers
Moveset: Superpower / Knock Off / Rest / Sleep Talk

Malamar is definitely the MVP of my team. With actually pretty decent SpDef it can switch in easily and start to set up with beautiful contrary superpower! Once at about +2 Atk/Def it's almost game! Rest gets rid of burn or toxic and sleep talk allows you to set up more and works fantastically well on this set. Knock off is great stab coverage. Obviously very weak to U-Turn but if you have enough superpowers off you can take it with relative ease.

Cradily: 252 HP / 252 SpDef / 4 SpA
Nature: Calm
Ability: Storm Drain
Moveset: Stealth Rock / Toxic / Recover / Giga Drain

Cradily is my special wall and my stealth rock user. Has really high SpDef so tanks hits really well. Stealth rock for hazards and toxic to wear down other walls. Recover to get back some HP and Giga Drain is probably it's best stab option especially when using Storm Drain. When rocks are up it walls Typhlosion nicely. Has quite nice natural defence although does not want to take a fighting attack!

Quagsire: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpDef
Nature: Relaxed
Ability: Unaware
Moveset: Scald / Earthquake / Toxic / Recover

Quagsire is so good and I can't believe he is in NU! Takes physical hits like a boss and with only one weakness is pretty hard to break down. Unaware allows him to stop other pokes from setting up. Scald is nice for getting burns and Earthquake is it's most powerful stab move. Toxic to wear down other walls and Recover for well recovery! Pairs quite well with Cradily as well. Can't take special hits very well so have to be careful sometimes.

Granbull: 248 HP/ 252 Def / 8 SpDef
Nature: Impish
Ability: Intimidate
Moveset: Play Rough / Fire Punch / Thunder Wave / Heal Bell

My final team spot has Granbull. I wasn't really sure what to put in this team slot and is probably my most replaceable Pokemon. However he checks fighting types like Hariyama/Sawk/Gurdurr really well. Intimidate is fantastic and helps Granbull takes hit even better. Play Rough is strongest stab and Fire Punch covers Ferroseeds and Wormadams. Thunder Wave can cripple sweepers and Heal Bell is great for removing toxics from my other walls. SpDef is booty so he pretty much gets K'Od by them!

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated!! I have considered Garbador as my my final slot but haven't tried it out yet.

Attachments

Hey Dude!
Nice team you have here. It looks really well balanced, with appropriate checks to almost every Mon in the tier. Not only this, but the RMT itself was nicely layed out, meaning I could just scan through to get some concise details from the mons themselves.
Overall, I feel like your team needs relatively few adjustments however one thing I would like to address is your lack of hazard control.
It has come to my attention that you don't seem to have any defog / rapid spin support so that the pokemon on the field, especially the likes of pyroar (for being beings rocks weak) and primeape(for constantly pivoting in and out). So the changes I will propose will sort out this problem, especially since the higher end of the ladder really like to run hazard stacking cores, I'd you have no defense vs this, you aren't setting yourself up well.
So my first reccomend change is Defensive Prinplup > Quagsire. The purpose of this change is to give you a method of controlling hazards, whilst having the capability of setting them up for your team as well. Very few mons have this capability, so I have decided that Prinplup best serves this purpose. Of course, this means stealth rock on cradily is rather redundant, but, it means you can run coverage on it, for example, earth power > stealth rock, which means you can keep much more than just toxic pressure on opposing fire types. This does, of course, open the way up for Malamar.

So, in order to keep Malamar in check, I have decided to suggest Colbur Berry Mismagius > Granbull. This means that you not only gain an immunity to fighting type pokemon, but a crucial malamar check that can also clean in the late game. This means that, although, you might not have the best initial switch in for fighting type pokemon, you have a much more crucial malamar check which allows you to also have the nice capability of taunt, and racking up hazard damage, or destiny bond, to kill a slower foe.

Prinplup @ Eviolite
Ability: Torrent
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock
- Defog
coverage on cradily > rocks

Mismagius @ Colbur Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 4 Def / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Shadow Ball
- Dazzling Gleam
- Destiny Bond / Taunt

hope these changes help ya out getting higher on the ladder,
~HJAD

no quag. Quag gets destroyed by grass knot. Replace with klinklang to counter fairies.
Really?
Do you know ferroseed dies to flamethrower?

it would be nice if you kinda explained yourself a bit more, since you don't mention a particular fairy that he seems to be weak to. As far as I can see, all the fairies he seems to be strong against.

You seem to have covered all the basic threats nailed like chops check, fire check, fighting check etc but something you really lack is hazard removal. So I'd recommend Defensive Togetic > Granbull. They do very similar things in stopping fighting/dark types but Togetic has reliable recovery and defog in trade for rock weakness. I'd also try Gunk Shot > Stone Edge on Primape because I don't see anything Stone Edge hits that Ice Punch doesn't and because scarf Primape is weak you're better off U-turning out to an appropriate member to deal with its counters. Gunk Shot hits Granbull and Togetic pretty hard and just has that raw power if you end up having to clean up stuff end game. Cool team though :]

Togetic @ Eviolite
Ability: Super Luck
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: NaN Atk
- Defog
- Roost
- Dazzling Gleam
- Baton Pass / Thunder Wave / Encore

Thanks guys for the suggestions! Everyone is slating quag but with unnaware it stops many things from setting up. I think I'll try the togetic over granbull :)

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)