RMT: Latias sweepeth the opponent.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Hi everyone, who has looked into this thread, due to time constraints, I won't be putting up avatars for my RMT :( but hopefully, you'll still find majour mistakes that your pokemon OCD prevents you from leaving this thread :D

My team is based around a Latias sweep. Basically, I find that Latias, with it's awesome special attack, beastly special defence, and excellent speed, can sweep through a weakened team in the late game. However, there are a few kinks in every team, and for me, a huge zapdos and celebi weakness that I hope you can remedy.

Without further ado, permit me to present my team.

The lead:
Jirachi@Choice Scarf
Jolly 80hp/252 attk/176 Spe
Iron Head
Stealth Rock
U Turn
Trick

Chose this Jirachi in order to destroy any suicide leads (Handily takes down Azelf, and Aerodactyl), screw up any bulky leads (Hippo, and Swamp both take a trick, and are locked onto either SR or EQ). I find that Jirachi almost always screws over a suicide lead with flinch, screws over bulkier pokemon with trick, and sets up rocks for me. Usually, I use it for bait if it survives in the late game, as Latias holds a huge sign saying: HIT ME WITH DRAGON AND ICE ATTACKS."

The Sleep absorber:
Gyarados@leftovers
Impish 252 HP / 224 Def / 32 Spe
Waterfall
Dragon dance
Rest
Sleep Talk

This guy absorbs status and also, is handy in taking down many pokemon not expecting rest like Breloom. EVs are for outspeeding Base 90 pokemon with a DD. I bring this guy in from a choiced EQ, or a fire blast from infernape, Waterfall if I'm scouting to do some damage and see their counters, or DD if I know their pokemon sufficiently. Usually, a form of will o wisp comes in (Dusknoir, especially), letting me set up while it will o wisps, and then promptly fall asleep to rape the other team. Has problems with the rotom forms, and almost any water pokemon with some form of defense

The Steel Killer:
Magnezone @Choice scarf
Timid 4hp/252 spattk/252 spe
Thunderbolt
Hidden Power fire
Signal Beam
Flash Cannon

This guy is used to kill off all steel pokemon that might hinder a sweep (empoleon, scizor, heatran). Usually when scizor comes in, it bullet punches, so I bring in Magnezone, trap it, and dispatch it with a hidden power. For Empoleon, I bring him in and thunderbolt. Loses against petaya variants (torrent boosted +1 surfs ko this guy). Gets heatran locked into dragon pulse and dispatches him off with a thunderbolt.

Scout:
Flygon@Choice scarf
Naughty 252 attk/80sp attk/176 spe
Outrage
Earthquake
U Turn
Draco Meteor

This guy's used to get in after one of my guys die, either directly attack with outrage or eq or U turn as they bring a counter in. Kills off any dragon I know, and builds up residue damage on counters. Draco meteor is a nasty surprise for physical walls and a dragon attack that won't get me locked into. Kills off dragons trying to stop latias' sweep.

Dual Screener:
Metagross@Dual clay
Impish 252hp/244def/8 spe
Light Screen
Reflect
Meteor Mash
Explosion

Commence the laughter: this guy's my own creation. Inspired by the Tank version of Metagross on the site, I decided to morph it abit so that it can take physical hits, but also set up screens. This guy takes freaken Earthquakes from various pokemon, only to do around 25% on it, which is further reduced by reflect. Reflect helps against physical attacks (like earthquake) and also supports Latias by halving physical attacks (Ttar's crunch or scizor's pursuit) and already boosting her massive sp def (Loves taking >16% from ice beams). Not only that, after a light screen, this guy can survive special attacks and survive to blow up in the opponent's face. Evs are to outspeed other slow bulky pokemon and to maximize it's defenses and bulkiness. Meteor mash is for stab and pure power (amazingly, in one game, this guy was able to sweep, due to 2 lucky power boosts). Boosts up explosions destructive power also. Needs majour fixing (because i'm not an expert on making sets and i assume that there's majour fixing for this guy)

The star:

Latias@life orb
timid 4hp/252 sp attk/252 spe
Dragon pulse
surf
recover
calm mind

Late game sweeper, after all its counters are dead and hopefully screens set up. THis guy, after one CM, destroys ALOT of things. Surf is for coverage (empoleon is the only one who blocks both attacks) and recover is to regain lost hp from LO's recoil. Wondering if I should take out recover and put in a third attack (maybe thunderbolt) to hit empoleon and suicune more effectively?

Majour threats:
Zapdos: No safe way to get rid of this guy. Usually I predict, bring metagross on a hp ice and explode. NEEDS MAJOUR HELP

Celebi: No counter for this cept for U turn from flygon

Togekiss: Not many ways in getting rid of this guy. Paraflinch destroys this team.

Rotom forms: if any other rotom form cept for rotom-h, metagross can usually set up screens and allow latias for a sweep. Rotom-h rapes metagross, owns gyara, destroys magnezone and jirachi. Flygon is ineffective because of WOW. Needs majour help.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)