RMT First Try at legit OU

Basically I am pretty new to the competitive scene and have been trying to study up some metas.

Now that I have changed Zard for Gyarados and switched up the items this team has been doing successful! I am currently on a win streak! Thanks for the suggestions.
~Gyarados

- Covers Thundurus' weaknesses
- Makes a good wall breaking core with Thundurus able to handle a plethora of walls
- Solid typing makes it a scary thing to deal with
~Thundurus

- Covers Zards weaknesses with levitate and neutral damage from dragon
- Takes care of the pesky Azumarill which would otherwise wreak havoc on my team
- Nice prankster ability helps it boost its already enormous Sp Atk
~Excadrill

- Gets rid of rocks and fairies
- Handels Aegislash fairly well
- Mold breaker helps kill Rotom W
~Greninja

- Out speeds a lot of threats (good scout)
- Helps gain momentum with U-turn
- Spreads burn via Scald
~Aegislash

- Has good bulk and can force many switches
- Picks up boosts easily and has priority stab Shadow Sneak (can KO Azumarill after belly drum)
- Counters Aegislash
~Espeon

- Bounces status and rocks/spikes
- Screen setup helps with setting up on Thundurus and Zard
- Dragon killer with Dazzling Gleam

Gyarados @ Gyaradosite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 Atk / 4 HP
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Dragon Dance
- Ice Fang
- Waterfall

Thundurus (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Prankster
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 HP
Timid Nature
- Nasty Plot
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Thunderbolt
- Focus Blast

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 SDef / 176 HP / 60 Atk / 20 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Iron Head

Espeon @ Light Clay
Ability: Magic Bounce
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Timid Nature
- Reflect
- Light Screen
- Baton Pass
- Dazzling Gleam

Greninja @ Life Orb
Ability: Protean
EVs: 252 Spd / 252 SAtk / 4 Atk
Modest Nature
- Scald
- Ice Beam
- Dark Pulse
- U-turn

Aegislash @ Leftovers
Ability: Stance Change
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- King's Shield
- Swords Dance
- Shadow Sneak
- Sacred Sword

Last edited:
Pretty good team in my opinion. Every member has their purpose (though I don't know if I'd call Aegislash a counter to itself) and there's a pretty good balance.

Two big things that stick out to me however, are:
  1. Why does Espeon have Baton Pass?
  2. Why does everyone but your MegaZard have leftovers?
That being said; replace Baton Pass with Psychic or Psyshock for STAB and give it Light Clay to make those screens last longer.

For everyone else I suggest Life Orb on Thundurus for extra power (although Leftovers could be useful I guess), an Air Balloon on Excadrill to avoid EQ that a lot of hazard setters have, a Life Orb on Greninja for the extra power, or a Focus Sash to make sure you can take at least one hit.

Those are just suggestions however, and if you find your team is running smoothly as is, more power to you.

Pretty good team in my opinion. Every member has their purpose (though I don't know if I'd call Aegislash a counter to itself) and there's a pretty good balance.

Two big things that stick out to me however, are:
  1. Why does Espeon have Baton Pass?
  2. Why does everyone but your MegaZard have leftovers?
That being said; replace Baton Pass with Psychic or Psyshock for STAB and give it Light Clay to make those screens last longer.

For everyone else I suggest Life Orb on Thundurus for extra power (although Leftovers could be useful I guess), an Air Balloon on Excadrill to avoid EQ that a lot of hazard setters have, a Life Orb on Greninja for the extra power, or a Focus Sash to make sure you can take at least one hit.

Those are just suggestions however, and if you find your team is running smoothly as is, more power to you.
Baton Pass lets Espeon switch without risking of getting nailed by pursuit, letting it last a little longer. It's quite useful because it makes sure Espeon doesn't become pursuit bait and it's naturally faster than most common Pursuit users in OU (Tyranitar, Bisharp, Aegislash, Scizor), so it shouldn't have much of a problem to use it to escape them (unless it's Jolly Scarf Tyranitar).

I know that my team is filled with lefties, I have used Thundurus with LO but I thought he was just dying too fast, lefties on greninja lets it survive some super effective hits on a switch into hazards. I might switch lefties on Exca for balloon as you have a good point.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)