RMT 2v2

a team that i have made specifically for nintendo competitions, I have not listed IV's but would appreciate a nice IV spread, for base 70 power grass, and for all my other pkmn. Would appreciate any supportive and specific ratings.
----------------------------------------------------------------------
AT A GLANCE

THE TEAM

Aerodactyl @ focus sash
pressure
252 attack / 252 speed / 4 hp
Jolly
-Rock Slide
-ice fang
-EarthQuake
-taunt

the set is fine, but the spread was weird. A more offensive spread is better. In such a fast paced game life orb will be more beneficial. If there is item clause focus sash is good as hippo's are quite common and aerodactyl isnt affected by the storm.Taunts stops things like trick room setups, and other moves like spore, and dark void. ICe fang for dragon.

Gengar @ choice scarf
Levitate
252 spatk, 252 speed, 4 hp
timid
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder Bolt
-trick
-energy ball

Gengar with a scarf to outrun and then trick the scarf onto another pokemon, easily allowing me to change the tactics of the opponent. shadow ball is a decent STAB move, and thunder bolt is for coverage for flying and water types, whereas energy ball is for swampert and other ground/rock types. the ev spread is to make sure that gen has max SPATK and Speed, to outrun an opponent without the scarf, and then to hit them hard with the corresponding move.

aRCANINE @ life orb
Intimidate
252 speed, 212 spA, 44 atk
naive
-Dragon pulse
-heat wave
-Protect
-extreeme speed

Heat wave hits 2 targets, much better for the vgcs, dragon pulse is great for all the garchomps and salamences. +speed nature to outrun neatral dragons. Extreme speed is a good priority move that can be useful. Arcanine needs the power so life orb ir great, and use rash with extremespeed so you dont lower attack and you wont need the extra speed to outrun dragons.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Sand Veil
252 attack 252 speed 4 hp
Jolly
-EarthQuake
-Dragon Claw
-Brick Break
-rock slide

Garchomp, with a yache berry to reduce ice hits, and it is in a +speeed nature, which will give me the advantage against other garchomps (unlessed scarfed) earth quake is to hit any rock, steel type like metagross and gets STAB. Dragon Claw is for a good STAB move that is not resisted by many. Brick break is for dark type coverage which gengar will have touble with. Rock Slide has the double battle advantage over stone edge and has a flinch rate. tHe ev spread is to allow garchomp to give a hit, and to be the first to hit.

only bump it once every 24 hours.

Why does arcanine have zap plate? And why does areo have stone plate? Expert belt, life orb, or choice band are all better options.
Areodactyl should also have taunt to stop setup of trick room, rain/sun, or gravity, all of which threaten your team.

o srry, arc has zap to boost t-fang damage, stone plate for rock slide. how does sun hurt my team? who should i put life orb, expert belt.

Arkeis

(づ。◕‿‿◕。)づ
is a Top Artist Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnus
Shadow, you should never use items like the type-boosting plates for moves that aren't STABed. The power boost is so little that it's just not worth it. Even if the move is STABed, there are usually much better power boosting items.

Sun, Rain, and Trick Room teams all beat you up because you have no way of stopping opponents from setting up these effects. It only takes one turn to use Sunny Day, Rain Dance, or Trick Room and when that happens, it's game over for you.

How can you prevent your opponent's from using these moves? Make sure your lead Pokemon have Taunt or Fake Out, or even both. Use a few moves that hit both of your opponents instead of moves that hit only one, so that you can kill opponents trying to set up without worrying about which opponent is going to use Protect/Detect.

moves that hit both opponents:
Acid, Air Cutter, Blizzard, Bubble, Captivate, Dark Void, Eruption, Growl, Heal Block, Heat Wave, Hyper Voice, Icy Wind, Leer, Muddy Water, Powder Snow, Razor Leaf, Razor Wind, Rock Slide, String Shot, Sweet Scent, Swift, Tail Whip, Twister, Water Spout

moves that hit all Pokemon (both opponents and your partner):
Discharge, Earthquake, Explosion, Lava Plume, Magnitude, Selfdestruct, Surf, Teeter Dance

The bolded moves are the most effective in standard double battles (assuming you have the right strategy to go along with them).

You should also try out your own teams that use Rain Dance, Sunny Day, or Trick Room just to get a feel for how they work.

Also, fyi, future Nintendo tournaments may involve ubers. It's only a rumor so far , but just to let you know that if they do allow ubers into these tourneys, then this team would be pretty much useless.

yes i would be creamed with ubers but then i will add ubers my self (dont know how that will work out...) i will have to change the team entirely i believe. i will try to use some of these things u listed

Ash Borer

I've heard they're short of room in hell
a team that i have made specifically for nintendo competitions, I have not listed IV's but would appreciate a nice IV spread, for base 70 power grass, and for all my other pkmn. Would appreciate any supportive and specific ratings.
AT A GLANCE

THE TEAM

aRCANINE @ life orb
Intimidate
252 speed, 252 spA, 4 atk
timid / rash
-Dragon pulse / extremespeed
-heat wave
-Protect
-Hidden Power Grass

Heat wave hits 2 targets, much better for the vgcs, dragon pulse is great for all the garchomps and salamences. +speed nature to outrun neatral dragons. Extreme speed is a good priority move that can be useful. Arcanine needs the power so life orb ir great, and use rash with extremespeed so you dont lower attack and you wont need the extra speed to outrun dragons.

Aerodactyl @ life orb / focus sash
Rock Head
252 attack / 252 speed / 4 hp
Jolly
-Rock Slide
-ice fang / double edge
-EarthQuake
-taunt

the set is fine, but the spread was weird. A more offensive spread is better. In such a fast paced game life orb will be more beneficial. If there is item clause focus sash is good as hippo's are quite common and aerodactyl isnt affected by the storm.Taunts stops things like trick room setups, and other moves like spore, and dark void. ICe fang for dragons, double edge for whatever.

Gengar @ Black Sludge
Levitate
252 satk, 140 atk, 126 speed
rash
-Shadow Ball
-Thunder Bolt
-explosion
-HP Ice

Gengar is a lot more offensively eriented. Explosion is great in doubles.

Garchomp @ Yache Berry
Sand Veil
252 attack 252 speed 4 hp

Jolly
-EarthQuake
-Dragon Claw
-protect
-rock slide

Another odd spread. Offense is key with chomper. Rock slide is great for hitting both pokemon, has a good flinch rate and is more accurate. Protect for when gengar goes boom.

Offense is a lot better in vgc.

Also, fyi, future Nintendo tournaments may involve ubers. It's only a rumor so far , but just to let you know that if they do allow ubers into these tourneys, then this team would be pretty much useless.
It's already been confirmed. Everything except mewtwo and arceus will be allowed, since all other ubers are available at lvl 50.

Hello there.

The first thing I noticed was why were you running Dragon Pulse over Flare Blitz. You're not going to be outspeeding +nature Chomp, and if you're facing neutral nature Chomp with 4/0, you'll still fail to OHKO it with Dragon Pulse. Nonetheless, you have Aerodactly, which will outspeed Garchomp regardless, provided it's not scarfed, so you're best option here would be going for Extremespeed rather Dragon Pulse. This would be the set that I recommend to you.

Arcanine @ Shuca | Intimidate
Nature - Naive
252 Atk / 200 Spd / 52 SpAtk
~Heat Wave
~Flare Blitz
~ExtremeSpeed
~Protect/Will-O-Wisp

The 4th moveslot depends on your preference. Would you rather have Protect to avoid your Aerodactyl's EQ or have WoW to cripple enemy leads, such as Metagross (who is otherwise immune to Intimidate, as it has Clear Body), Gyarados and even Snorlax. Heat Wave is there for the nice STAB and burn rate (20 % chance to burn either Pokemon), while Flare Blitz is there for the raw power. Extreme Speed to pick off weakened pokemon along with those Sashed mons.

Continuing onwards, I feel Aerodactyl would be better of with the ability Rock Head, as it can really wreak some havoc with Double Edge.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash | Rock Head
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~Rock Slide
~Taunt
~Double Edge
~Ice Fang

I feel that this set would compliment the Arcanine set I recommended you as it not only allows Arcanine to survive longer without Aero's EQ's hurting you, but maximize it's attacking potential. With Rock Head, Aero takes no damage from Double Edge, which has 120 base power. Ice Fang is to hit Garchomp and Salamence, while Rock Slide is there for it's STAB and wonderful 30 % chance of flinching either Pokemon. Taunt is there to stop Trick Room, Sunny Day and Rain Dance.

One more thing was that you might want to change your Gengar set to something more effective and more dangerous overall.

Genger @ Choice Scarf
Nature : Modest
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
~Trick
~Shadow Ball
~Destiny Bond
~Thunderbolt

Destiny Bond, another great move in 2v2. Destiny Bond hits both Pokemon, so whichever opposing Pokemon knocks you out first, they'll be taken out with you, which really helps with prediction. Trick is there to seriously screw Cresselia when it starts statting up with CM, or end rarer Substitute versions.

And finally, I'd advise that you remove Brick Break with Protect, as Brick Break is much weaker to STAB EQ, which generally takes care of everything Brick Break can.

Please read the RMT rules, your thread is currently breaking rule 3 with the descriptions for Gengar and Garchomp in particular. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock it for you.

Hello there.

The first thing I noticed was why were you running Dragon Pulse over Flare Blitz. You're not going to be outspeeding +nature Chomp, and if you're facing neutral nature Chomp with 4/0, you'll still fail to OHKO it with Dragon Pulse. Nonetheless, you have Aerodactly, which will outspeed Garchomp regardless, provided it's not scarfed, so you're best option here would be going for Extremespeed rather Dragon Pulse. This would be the set that I recommend to you.
Arcanine did not use flare blitz because of the recoil. And shuca wont help at all, the recoil of flare blitz would not allow arc to live after a hit from EQ, so there would be no point in it. Arcanine is to change positions with Gen so that he is now a revenge killer. and gar chomp is not the only one weak to dragon pulse, flygon is weak also, but since he is not staying in there long enough i find no point.

Arcanine @ Shuca | Intimidate
Nature - Naive
252 Atk / 200 Spd / 52 SpAtk
~Heat Wave
~Flare Blitz
~ExtremeSpeed
~Protect/Will-O-Wisp

The 4th moveslot depends on your preference. Would you rather have Protect to avoid your Aerodactyl's EQ or have WoW to cripple enemy leads, such as Metagross (who is otherwise immune to Intimidate, as it has Clear Body), Gyarados and even Snorlax. Heat Wave is there for the nice STAB and burn rate (20 % chance to burn either Pokemon), while Flare Blitz is there for the raw power. Extreme Speed to pick off weakened pokemon along with those Sashed mons.

Continuing onwards, I feel Aerodactyl would be better of with the ability Rock Head, as it can really wreak some havoc with Double Edge.

Aerodactyl @ Focus Sash | Rock Head
Jolly
4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spd
~Rock Slide
~Taunt
~Double Edge
~Ice Fang

I feel that this set would compliment the Arcanine set I recommended you as it not only allows Arcanine to survive longer without Aero's EQ's hurting you, but maximize it's attacking potential. With Rock Head, Aero takes no damage from Double Edge, which has 120 base power. Ice Fang is to hit Garchomp and Salamence, while Rock Slide is there for it's STAB and wonderful 30 % chance of flinching either Pokemon. Taunt is there to stop Trick Room, Sunny Day and Rain Dance.
that was the original plan with aero however, ive been told from a rmt on serebiiforums that double edge would be a bad attack because it is resisted by steel and rock, which would hurt my team, but i decided to go with EQ because of the ground/rock coverage.

One more thing was that you might want to change your Gengar set to something more effective and more dangerous overall.

Genger @ Choice Scarf
Nature : Modest
4 HP / 252 SpAtk / 252 Spd
~Trick
~Shadow Ball
~Destiny Bond
~Thunderbolt

Destiny Bond, another great move in 2v2. Destiny Bond hits both Pokemon, so whichever opposing Pokemon knocks you out first, they'll be taken out with you, which really helps with prediction. Trick is there to seriously screw Cresselia when it starts statting up with CM, or end rarer Substitute versions.
I chose Energy ball over destiny bond, for swampert, as he will ruin my team up to garchomp,also prediction really is not my forte.

And finally, I'd advise that you remove Brick Break with Protect, as Brick Break is much weaker to STAB EQ, which generally takes care of everything Brick Break can.
Im switching brick break with fire fang as for better coverage, because i do not want to lose a move for protect, as gar will be using earthquake.
updates are in bold

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)