Done Revert to an in-page /rfaq

queso

too cheesy
is a Tiering Contributor
Currently, /rfaq creates a new "page" when viewed. However, this is rather clunky. If a user wishes to see the room and the rfaqs at the same time, they must view two windows, which can reduce size of the chatroom for smaller windows, or impede one from looking at PMs. It also makes it harder to look for an rfaq: If, say, I wanted to look for the rfaq in Scavengers about the mini-game that auth do by using the command !randpoke 2, fe, but didn't know which /rfaq it was, in the previous version of rfaq one could simply /rfaq and scan the list of rfaqs and click on the relevant name (in this case randpokeparams). With the new full-page rfaq, you have to scroll through all of the rfaq names and descriptions, and if a room has a significant amount of rfaqs, this makes it difficult to find the rfaq without knowing the name.

I honestly don't see the merit in the full-page /rfaq compared to the previous version of it. (I don't intend any disrespect to whoever created it, I just feel like it makes the command harder to use)
If a full page is really desired, a list of clickable rfaqs without the descriptions at the top, similar to how the old rfaq appeared, would be very helpful

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
From the perspective of adding rfaqs, particularly ones with a lot of formatting, the old version was much easier to manage, as you didn't have to scroll through the entire list of rfaqs to find the raw format of the rfaq that you're trying to edit. Instead, you could just type the /rfaq you wanted to edit, copy and paste the output, and make whatever edits you need (similar to how /events view works when trying to edit events).

dhelmise

free palestine
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Top Smogon Media Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
Social Media Head
it's already planned that typing /rfaq will bring up the rfaq code similar to roomintros, fwiw; it was accidentally removed upon adding this page

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)