Rest + Sleep Talk

I Uber Matches, Dialga is quite decent with the RestTalk set, using Dragon Claw and Bulk up as the other moves...

I think it should also be mentioned that the only semi-reliable way Regice can survive in the D/P metagame is to run RestTalk. Likely running Ice Beam and Seismic Toss alongside it. Otherwise, Stealth Rock, a poor defensive typing, and new high powered special attackers can defeat it easily.

what if it gets paralyzed? Then it is slow....and death fodder. It needs rest to take all status' (except freeze) and stay alive.
I suppose that is when Lum berries and Heal Bellers and possibly Aroma therapyers come into play.

Apart from that:
My favourite Rest Talker has to be Milotic or Snorlax. As already mentioned, Milotic's Godly defenses for both physical and special, along with a decent HP and an ok Special Attack..... and an ok Speed..... in rain it becomes a total bitch to kill, and status problems are screwed, because, of course the Rest Talking. If we were not on the subject of Rest Talking, I probably would go for recover and Lum berry, or maybe a Heal Beller on the team.

Like some other people here i foudn resttalk to be way too unreliable. In most of the cases your pokemon has only one move that would hurt the opponent, so you´ve got a 33% chance to do something. The few exceptions are Snorlax, and machamp aswell as all these Guts-abusers. Snorlax just doenst die and still threatens a lot of Pokemon thanks to Body slams para chance, and the rest has either a gigantic attack stat or dynamic punch.

I've been using Sleep Talk Snorlax for quite awhile now, with Body Slam/Crunch/Rest/Sleep talk, and I have to say its stalled out a lot of things in its time. It is risky to do (but what isn't in pokemon these days) but he does well against Suicune, Cressela and Gengars that tend to pop up into him. He utterly dies to anything of the Close Combat variety, and cant do a thing to Heatran other then try to Paralyze, but in the end Heatran cant really do anything to Snorlax anyway, bar Explosion. I've never found the sleep talking choosing rest to be too much of a problem.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)