Done Remove the duplicate nickname rule in anything goes

Currently there is a restriction in place that prevents 2 pokemon from having the same nickname, and in any format without species clause this would have no effect on gameplay other than preventing players from spamming nicknames. However, a problem arises for players in tiers with species clause who like to use nicknames.

When I tried to load up an anything goes team this popped up
Screenshot_20191207-004708_Samsung Internet.jpg

And this created a problem for me because both pokemon nicknamed "artist at work" were smeargles and they both had completely different sets (shown below)
Screenshot_20191207-005001_Samsung Internet.jpg

Every member of my team had a nickname so I wanted to go along that trend but if I gave my 2 smeargles different nicknames It would allow players to differentiate my smeargles by nickname and allow them to identify which smeargle it was that is out. In my particular case on smeargle just sets up webs while the other sweeps teams so knowing which one is out gives the opponent a huge advantage.

I could solve this by not nicknaming my smeargles but I dont really want to do that given the rest of my team has nicknames and I dont want the smeargles the be the odd ones out.

Aslo there is no nickname clause in the cartrige games and it since anything goes is anything that is legal in the cartrige games it would make sense that the nickname clause would not be in ag

I understand that the rule is in place to prevent players from spamming inappropriate nicknames but it comes at a cost of being a hindrance to innocent players like me who just want to run 2 of the same pokemon and give them nicknames while not giving out which one is which

I am more mad than I should be about this issue but I hope you consider this

HoeenHero

The Misspelled Hero!
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Member of Senior Staffis a Community Contributoris a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
My bad, I assumed since [Gen 8] National Dex (beta) had it [Gen 8] Nationa Dex AG should have it too and re-added it when I re-added Endless Battle Clause last night. After reviewing Gen 7 AG it appears to not be in the ruleset and we should be basing it off that.

I've pushed a commit to remove it, live at next hotpatch/server reboot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)