Done Remove /forcehidelines

pants

*dies inconveniently*
is a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
Hiding someone’s lines is, in my experience, meant to be something that’s done as quickly as possible, and having to stop to consider whether a user is trusted or not before doing it only slows it down. Especially in rooms like scavengers, where clearing lines is usually not accompanied by actual punishment but must still be done as quickly as possible to prevent leaks, having to differentiate between trusted and non-trusted users makes the command cumbersome and inefficient.

I know in other rooms, /hidelines usually follows a warn or a mute or something, but those are the commands that should require a double check on the rank of the recipient, rather than the one that’s used to mitigate damage.

edit:If the concern is about tabfails, and that hiding lines can’t be undone like punishments, would an /unhidelines command be an option?

Last edited:
Hiding someone’s lines is, in my experience, meant to be something that’s done as quickly as possible, and having to stop to consider whether a user is trusted or not before doing it only slows it down. Especially in rooms like scavengers, where clearing lines is usually not accompanied by actual punishment but must still be done as quickly as possible to prevent leaks, having to differentiate between trusted and non-trusted users makes the command cumbersome and inefficient.

I know in other rooms, /hidelines usually follows a warn or a mute or something, but those are the commands that should require a double check on the rank of the recipient, rather than the one that’s used to mitigate damage.

edit:If the concern is about tabfails, and that hiding lines can’t be undone like punishments, would an /unhidelines command be an option?
Fully agreeing with this. Hidetext is used to hide leaks, usually accidental ones. The longer that takes, the less effective it is.

Zarel

Not a Yuyuko fan
is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Pokemon Researcheris an Administrator
Creator of PS
I'm still concerned about tabfails, but I suppose /hidelines is used in sufficiently weird situations (rather than just punishments) that there's no need to have special protection for trusted users.

I do also like the /unhidelines idea, although it would complicate implementation a lot.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)