Rejected Remove all "useless items" from the teambuilder

Dead by Daylight

are we the last living souls
is a Contributor to Smogon
I see no need for these items outside of Challenge Cup tournaments, which are random and don't involve the builder. Would it be possible for these items to be removed from the builder, but not coded into the game? Cuts down on the clutter on the Items section as well. Cheers.

DaWoblefet

Demonstrably so
is a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Community Leaderis a Programmeris a Community Contributoris a Top Researcheris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PS Admin
I see no need for these items outside of Challenge Cup tournaments, which are random and don't involve the builder. Would it be possible for these items to be removed from the builder, but not coded into the game? Cuts down on the clutter on the Items section as well. Cheers.
I assume you mean "still coded into the game", not "not coded into the game". We definitely wouldn't just straight-up remove them from being accessible by players.

The reason we support "useless" items at all in the teambuilder is for a few reasons:
  • Certain items may be useless in one generation, but not useless in another. For example, Dragon Scale boosts Dragon-type attacks in Gen 2, but not in any other generation, and Big Nugget only has 130 BP on Fling in Gen 9. It's helpful to have that category so people know the item does nothing, albeit obtainable.
  • We don't code in every single possible held item, so the teambuilder can be used as a quick way of verifying which items Showdown supports at all.
"Useless" items may also be supported elsewhere, e.g. with descriptions for the dex (e.g. for evolution items). As far as the teambuilder is concerned for clutter, useless items are already tucked away at the bottom of the item list. We won't remove them for the reasons listed above.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)