ORAS Doubles OU Remember Remember(Peaked at 1767 #2)

Suggest me a mega to build a doubles team on?

• Total voters

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
Remember Remember

Hey guys.. its geerat from showdown, so between me and some of my friends , there was a challenge going on to create a top ladder team with a mon which is pretty unused, so as you can see from the title I got victini, I know its powerful, but its band and scarf sets are pretty difficult to pull off in doubles, due to amount of scouting present and lure set is pretty useless due to lando always being scarfed. So finally I went all noobie playstyle and decided I would just spam V-create inside a Trick Room, and believe me its pretty good trick roomer as atleast it could defeat aegi and bisharp one on one and neither Ohkoes it due its more than decent bulk specially as you don't have to invest in speed( though life orb bisharp is a different matter). Though, recently I have dropped to around 1650s in the ladder due to some misplays(more like hax and stuff) and basically because you kind of lose 50 points from losing a match so don't have a proof of peak, I will upload it later. Its been pretty successful so I recommend you try it once.

So, here's the team ::

TEAM-BUILDING ::

So, as I said I pretty much had to start with victini and finally decided to use a TR victini.

So, I have used TR teams pretty much all my life in doubles and whenever I use one I just slap a mega mawile just due to the sheer offensive presence it has and pretty much a good match-up with all the mons except fire types.

Now, I needed a more reliable TR setter, so obviously I was gonna use the Godly cm cress as a solid Win-con.

Now, as mawile TRs get obliterated by mega cam, so azu was a solid choice here with its powerful aqua jet, as well as it mitigates the heatran issue.

Man, I have always been wanting to use a slow lando to bolster its offensive presence even more rather than the boring scarfed set + buhbye heatran.

So atlast I realised I needed a good redirector that wasn't weak to bisharp, so amoongus was a obvious fit + spore support is awesome.

So, now about the mons ::

Tinitinitiniii... (Victini) @ Life Orb
Ability: Victory Star
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Brave Nature
IVs: 0 Spe
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Protect
- Trick Room

So, here's the so called star of the team, this thing is a freaking adorable little nuke. We all know how powerful v-create is, it pretty much OHKoes everything it touches and doesn't resist it specially with a life orb, I will post the replays later where you will see how absurdly it is powerful even at -1. Bolt Strike is a good coverage, doing well with its high base power(Though a neutral V-create is more powerful than a 2xsupereffective Bolt strike). Protect and TR are self explanatory. Plus it is a excellent Sun counter. Also I don't know find but many players find it surprising to have a TR tini on a TR team.

A little tip to use it :: it's speed tier is tricky, it isn't that fast neither that slow for TR teams, so for against opposing TRs try to delay TR as much as you can, and just spam v-create first to blow holes through the team and against faster teams obviously use TR.

Huge_jaws (Mawile-Mega) @ Mawilite
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Play Rough
- Iron Head
- Sucker Punch
- Protect
Now, here's the next one, mega mawile is probably my one of the favourite megas, I started out with her when I started playing on showdown, with it I have grown from using ghost + explosion shenanigans to today when I can actually predict opponents. So, the set is pretty standard, though fire fang could be considered over iron head, but I prefer to keep a 100% accurate STAB + beat sylveon reliably at -1 which I always consider a massive threat to TRs. Mawile to some extent also beats bisharp reliably.

Awww...cute (Azumarill) @ Choice Band
Ability: Huge Power
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Brave Nature
- Waterfall
- Aqua Jet
- Play Rough
- Superpower/Knock Off

So, next up is the banded azu, choice band is just used to make that aqua jet as powerful as I can. Plus any of its moves aren't that bad to get yourself locked into, it mitigates the heatran weakness of the team till now (though bolt strike from tini reliably 2Hkoes). Waterfall and Play rough are good STABs.
Superpower nails ferro and most importantly mega kanga as a surprise element while knock off allows you to hit redirectors such as amoongus and jirachi hard. Alternatively Belly Drum set can be used if you are too hesitant to lock yourself in one move, but I am not too good with setting up so band works well for me.

Thug_life (Landorus-Therian) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 Def
Brave Nature
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
- Superpower
- Protect

Now, this is the set that has surprised so many of my opponents, with life orb this guy just wrecks lives, superpower nets kanga, earthquake is a pretty strong STAB, rock slide continues the flinch spam under TR, alternatively you can used knock off to hit opposing cress harder, plus due to 252 evs invested in hp it counters heatrans pretty well, and until you attack you can bluff the scarf set. It specially works well against sun teams as it allows victini to set up TR more easily. And protect is just protect for doubles. Finally after this set I have started to love this mon, man I hated that awesome scarfed set.

Luna (Cresselia) @ Safety Goggles
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Def / 8 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Trick Room
- Calm Mind
- Psychic/Moonblast/Ice Beam
- Moonlight

So,next up is the Godly CM cress and the defensive TR setter of the team, she is a excellent spore switch-in, and soft counters most of the physical hitters and amoongus. She along with amoongus plays an excellent role versus rain teams, as most of the team can't switch-in well against them. Calm mind so that she isn't exactly a liability on the field and after a couple of CMs she can distract oppponents so that other hard hitters can beat them. Now the attack option is totally on you, ice beam and moonblast provide good coverage but are piss weak even at +2 or even more. Psychic is considerably stronger but leaves you walled against dark types but still psychic is still better as we have plenty of ways to hit them supereffectively. She is just truly an excellent mon and does whatever she needs to do pretty well.

Smooch_em_all (Amoonguss) @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Regenerator
EVs: 252 HP / 172 Def / 84 SpD
Relaxed Nature
- Rage Powder
- Spore
- Giga Drain/Sludge Bomb
- Protect/Sludge Bomb/Toxic

Now in the end, one of the best mons of the meta the raging sporing amoongus. Pretty standard set smogon set again, sitrus berry could be used over Rocky helmet but I kind of like to switch it on the kanga sometimes. Its more of a utility mon, so either of STAB would do, I generally use sludge bomb as rotom isn't doing much to it anyways. In the last slot toxic is a viable option to defeat opposing cm cresses or you could go double STABs or just protect to play mind games with rage powder and protect.

Threatlist ::

:: Yeah, its weak to bisharp, but which TR isn't but I generally play around it as I have plenty of hits which could potentially OHKoe it. Mawile is your best bet as it tanks a +2 iron head and OHKOes it with play rough.

:: If azu and lando are both gone then its a little difficult to beat it, though cress beats it one vs one as psychic starts breaking substitute at +3 I think.

:: To some extent, not exactly only because I have too many physical attackers, though using lando-incarnate over lando-t remedies this. But lol victini even at -2 deals pretty good damage to it.

Intimidate users kind of cause me a little bit of problem, though most of the mons don't mind being at -1, but from all of the above thats the only thing which could be a issue.

Thats all guys, I know it was a long RMT, but due to exams and stuff I will be out of smogon and showdown for a couple of months so I thought I sign out with a RMT of one of the best teams I have ever made. So, take care everybody ;). I will post the importable in the comments and of course any feedback is appreciated.

Replays ::

1. http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-341841434 - lando kills the threats first while victini cleans up.

2.http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-341853738 - victini again wrecks havoc (though I lost to this guy once due to belly drum+ psych up strat)

3.http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-341856632 - vs rain

4.http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-342828671 - CM cress + victini in sun lol = gg

5)http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-342862370 - v/s sun team

6) http://replay.pokemonshowdown.com/doublesou-279004128 - one with the old team

Last edited:

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
nice team bro

quick suggestions:
I personally think Cresselia is really underwhelming and even as a Trick Room setter its so passive and deals very little damage. it's a pretty huge momentum suck and just takes up a valuable slot on your team. i also noticed you struggle with opposing cress a bit but w/e you could just use this pokemon:

Hoopa-Unbound

this gets rid of other Psychic-types that you would normally have trouble with hitting (you don't have a dark-type mon) and Hoopa-U is arguably one of the best setters now because it is so good offensive and can break protects and go through substitutes which is very valuable as both of those moves are common answers to trick room.

A (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 SpA
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

its an extremely powerful attacker and sash trick room is very good because you can always let it go up unless you get double targetted which you usually probably wont

next, I think your current Lando-T set is a bit off, I think special Lando-T would be a lot better. you can't earthquake next to mawile, victini, or hoopa, and azumarill and amoon don't like it either. earth power is safer, and it is pretty fun because you can kill stuff with it and catch people off guard. HP ice does huge damage versus landorus-t and other dragons such as salamence and latios and I think thats cool
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 0 Spe
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

if you're using Hoopa-U over Cresselia you could consider using goggles on victini so you can easily setup on Amoonguss/Breloom and kill them. it's also really nice for ignoring rage powder but you kill amoonguss with v-create as well
Brave Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Protect
- Trick Room

and lastly, i think belly drum azumarill is a much better set in basically every case. especially in combination with rage powder amoonguss you can do really well and have priority on aqua jet AND have protect on azumarill which i think is crucial, but you could get away with using choice band azu anyway

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Brave Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Protect

i hope you thought this rate was useful ^_^!

shoutouts qsns

Sylveon.

Penny saved is still a fucking penny
nice team bro

quick suggestions:
I personally think Cresselia is really underwhelming and even as a Trick Room setter its so passive and deals very little damage. it's a pretty huge momentum suck and just takes up a valuable slot on your team. i also noticed you struggle with opposing cress a bit but w/e you could just use this pokemon:

Hoopa-Unbound

this gets rid of other Psychic-types that you would normally have trouble with hitting (you don't have a dark-type mon) and Hoopa-U is arguably one of the best setters now because it is so good offensive and can break protects and go through substitutes which is very valuable as both of those moves are common answers to trick room.

A (Hoopa-Unbound) @ Focus Sash
Ability: Magician
EVs: 252 Atk / 40 Def / 216 SpA
Brave Nature
- Hyperspace Fury
- Hyperspace Hole
- Trick Room
- Protect

its an extremely powerful attacker and sash trick room is very good because you can always let it go up unless you get double targetted which you usually probably wont

next, I think your current Lando-T set is a bit off, I think special Lando-T would be a lot better. you can't earthquake next to mawile, victini, or hoopa, and azumarill and amoon don't like it either. earth power is safer, and it is pretty fun because you can kill stuff with it and catch people off guard. HP ice does huge damage versus landorus-t and other dragons such as salamence and latios and I think thats cool
Landorus-Therian (M) @ Life Orb
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 SpA
Quiet Nature
IVs: 30 Atk / 30 Def / 0 Spe
- Earth Power
- Stone Edge
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Protect

if you're using Hoopa-U over Cresselia you could consider using goggles on victini so you can easily setup on Amoonguss/Breloom and kill them. it's also really nice for ignoring rage powder but you kill amoonguss with v-create as well
Brave Nature
- V-create
- Bolt Strike
- Protect
- Trick Room

and lastly, i think belly drum azumarill is a much better set in basically every case. especially in combination with rage powder amoonguss you can do really well and have priority on aqua jet AND have protect on azumarill which i think is crucial, but you could get away with using choice band azu anyway

Azumarill @ Sitrus Berry
Brave Nature
- Belly Drum
- Aqua Jet
- Knock Off
- Protect

i hope you thought this rate was useful ^_^!

shoutouts qsns
Thanks man :),
-To be frank I am not sold at the idea of having hoopa-unbound as TR setter, though it hits hard, but then scarf lando pretty much eats me alive if amoongus isn't present on the field + I need someone bulky enough to set TR reliably against hard hitters like char-y and rain ludicolo, specially when it is susceptable to double targeting.
-I love the idea of special lando though, but don't you think I better be using lando- i over it anyways just not to provide intimidate boost to bisharp and 1hko aegislash?
-So, since I am not removing cress most probab, so I don't think safety goggles is necessary on victini( though I will try out hoopa unbound)
-What do the evs on hoopa do btw?
-Yeah, I am gonna change azu to bd azu as I do get plenty of setup opportunities.

ryo yamada2001

ryo yamada2001
is a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
Thanks man :),
-To be frank I am not sold at the idea of having hoopa-unbound as TR setter, though it hits hard, but then scarf lando pretty much eats me alive if amoongus isn't present on the field + I need someone bulky enough to set TR reliably against hard hitters like char-y and rain ludicolo, specially when it is susceptable to double targeting.
-I love the idea of special lando though, but don't you think I better be using lando- i over it anyways just not to provide intimidate boost to bisharp and 1hko aegislash?
-So, since I am not removing cress most probab, so I don't think safety goggles is necessary on victini( though I will try out hoopa unbound)
-What do the evs on hoopa do btw?
-Yeah, I am gonna change azu to bd azu as I do get plenty of setup opportunities.
- Hoopa-Unbound is a powerful setter and Cresselia is awkwardly passive. Victini has an amazing Sun matchup anyway, and Goggles Victini absolutely shuts down Char-Y + Venusaur. Amoonguss can help with Ludicolo and if you really fear the Ludicolo (even though I haven't seen Ludicolo rain in like 6 months) you could run Sludge Bomb on Amoonguss.
- No, Landorus-I wouldn't be a good fit. Intimidate is still very important, and as you said before, Scarf Lando eats you alive if Amoonguss isn't present, so why do you want to get rid of the Intimidate that Landorus-T provides?
- Goggles helps with the general Sun matchup even more but hey if you don't want to run Hoopa-Unbound its on you.
- I don't know, it's a KyleCole spread so it must be good ayy lmao. I'll ask him the next time I see him.

[23:33] @KyleCole: lives a -1 kang return
[23:34] @KyleCole: i put it in the spl set thread i believe

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)