Tournaments RBYPL IV - Commencement & Admin Decisions Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wanna make a quick SO to the Pampus. I'm gonna keep it brief since last place and all, but doesn't feel right to not share my parting thoughts.

I started competitive mons this year just to see how I could fair in it. I've loved RBY my whole life and found smogon and the comp scene quite late. Pretty early on, I set the goal to get good enough for RBYPL so I could work in a team environment, sharing ideas and feedback, and grow and work with others who love this game as much as I do.
And holy shit did that happen. This was such a fun team cord. Everyone pitched in each person's channels. It never felt like me against my opponent, but our whole team together as one Pampu. It was everything I'd hoped it would be and much more.
Result may have not been what we wanted, but goddamn did I get what I came here for.

So thanks all for making this last month the highlight of my RBY! Will look forward to working with (and against >:)) you in the future.

PAMPU FOREVER

Last edited:

Hiro'

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
RoA Leader
Re: Season Schedule (Phase 2)

Now that we're (almost) done with Phase 1, the first four teams on the standings will proceed to Phase 2. Points from the first five weeks are halved, and these four remaining teams will play each other again. Here is the schedule for Phase 2:

Week 6
Hipster Hypnos vs. Ding Dang Dewgongs
Glacial Articunos vs. Viridian Victreebels

Week 7
Hipster Hypnos vs. Glacial Articunos
Ding Dang Dewgongs vs. Viridian Victreebels

Week 8
Hipster Hypnos vs. Viridian Victreebels
Glacial Articunos vs. Ding Dang Dewgongs

THE PAMPUS WILL BE BACK NEXT YEAR AND WE WILL WIN!

This season of rbypl was extremely fun, and while we didn't get the results we wanted, it was really good time that was definitely a great learning experience for all the pampus in chat.
Really wish I wasn't so busy during the time of the league, as I really got to help only in NU(Wanted to help in Ou, but jvgod would defo clutch up) but still, I had a fun tournament overall and really look forward to doing all this again next year.
Hopefully I'll be a good player by then lmao.

Hiro'

is a Tournament Directoris a Site Content Manageris a Top Social Media Contributoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributor
RoA Leader
Re: Lady Writer vs Rage (Week 6)

After Lady Writer showed up at scheduled time at 10:00AM GMT-4 on Saturday and was unable to find Rage, Glacial Articunos' manager Sabelette tagged the Viridian Victreebels at 10:15AM (and a second time at 10:33AM) to try and find them. Although Viridian Victreebels' manager Justamente was here at 10:35AM to respond to the inquiry, the Viridian Victreebels failed to retrieve Rage or a suitable substitute before the 30 minutes window had passed.

Therefore, Lady Writer will be granted an activity win over Rage.

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Posted this on discord and thought it might be fun to cover here too:

Road to the Finals
*based on this moment in Week 7 where Articunos are 6-2 vs Hypnos and Victreebels are 5-1 vs Dewgongs

Articunos:

Clinched finals, the rest of this week and next week no longer matter for us. Go team!

Hypnos:

If Dewgongs lose to Victreebels this week: A win or tie next week vs Victreebels clinches finals.

If Dewgongs tie this week: Hypnos need a win vs Victreebels to guarantee finals regardless of Articunos vs Dewgongs outcome. If Hypnos tie and Dewgongs tie or lose vs Articunos, Hypnos make finals.

Hypnos cannot make finals if they lose next week; Victreebels always overtake them in points on a win, 5.5 to 5 at worst.

All in all, they have pretty favorable odds and the easiest path into the finals; just win (or probably tie) one week and that's it. Hypnos fully control their destiny here.

Victreebels:

If Victreebels beat Dewgongs this week: A win vs Hypnos next week clinches finals.

If Victreebels and Dewgongs tie this week: Victreebels need to beat Hypnos next week AND need one of the following:
1. Dewgongs lose to Articunos
2. Dewgongs tie with Articunos AND Victreebels win with a differential of at least +3
3. Dewgongs tie with Articunos AND Victreebels win with a differential of at least +2 AND win a tiebreaker against Dewgongs

Victreebels cannot make finals if they lose or tie next week; regardless of the outcome of this week, Hypnos have 5 points and Victreebels will have 4.5 at most, meaning they always need to beat Hypnos to make it in.

Overall they have solid odds, but not making it in on a tie hurts in a tour where very few blowouts have happened. The only two wins of greater than 6-4 before this week were Hypnos 8-2 Articunos in Week 4 and Dewgongs 7-3 Primeapes in Week 5; depending on how this week goes, we may add one or two more to that. Still, Vics are fully in control of their destiny as of now and only lose control if they let Dewgongs make an embarrassing comeback; one more win this week and six wins next week guarantees playoffs regardless of anything.

Dewgongs:

First off, Dewgongs MUST tie this week to stay in, as a prerequisite. Assuming that happens, they also practically MUST beat Articunos next week to make finals. There is one edge case where they make it on a tie next week that I'll cover.

If Dewgongs beat Articunos: This puts Dewgongs at 6.5 points. Hypnos must lose to or tie Victreebels for Dewgongs to make finals.

If Dewgongs tie Articunos: In this case, Dewgongs need:
1. Victreebels beat Hypnos exactly 6-4. This puts both Dewgongs and Victreebels at 5.5 points with a differential of +2.
2. Dewgongs beat Victreebels in the resultant tiebreaker.

Dewgongs cannot make finals if they lose this week or next week, and they cannot make finals if Hypnos win next week.

Dewgongs have it the hardest; they do not control their destiny. Even if they win all 4 remaining games this week and all 10 next week, they still do not make it if Hypnos win, since Hypnos have more points than them regardless of this week's outcome. For them to make finals here requires a miracle.

The short version:
It's almost certainly Articunos vs (winner of Hypnos vs Victreebels), with Hypnos making it through on a tie. If Dewgongs make a sick comeback this week, there's some other possibilities.

Excited for the finals!

Hiro'

RoA Leader
Re: shiloh vs stunner047 (Week 8)

Contact between these two has been almost non-existent and neither managers were contacted about this matchup for a potential double substitute.
This is a dead game.

Re: Frrf vs Green on fire (Week 8)

Frrf forfeited their set vs Green on fire and no substitute was provided by the Glacial Articunos to complete the series.
Green on fire will be granted an activity win over Frrf.

Re: Mashing vs ziloXX (Week 8)

ziloXX forfeited their set vs Mashing and no substitute could be provided by the Ding Dang Dewgongs to complete the series.
Mashing will be granted an activity win over ziloXX.

Re: Tree69420 vs Togkey (Week 8)

Togkey became unreachable in the middle of the week for reasons unrelated to this tournament and no substitute could be provided by the Ding Dang Dewgongs to complete the series.
Tree69420 will be granted an activity win over Togkey.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)