Tournaments RBY Rising Stars - Signups & Information

Status
Not open for further replies.

Amaranth

is a Site Content Manageris a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Top Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Leader Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
approved by RBY Moderators
RBY Rising Stars

(i don't have a logo, if you're an artist and you want to make a starmie-themed logo please reach out)

I am launching a new tournament for RBY OU players wanting a last chance to show what they've got before SPL, called RBY Rising Stars.
24 players amongst the sign ups will be invited to participate. I will handpick and seed the participants amongst the signups.
I will select people who have a realistic chance of getting picked up for SPL, but aren't guaranteed their slot. If you're already one of the best, this tournament is not for you.
If you're not one of the best remaining 24 players, try again next year (I will probably run this again with open qualifiers if the first edition goes well).

Schedule Details:
Signups will close and the playerlist will be announced on Sunday, September 24th, 7PM GMT+0.
Players seeded 9 through 24 will play in a 16-man swiss running from September 25th to October 29th.
Players who reach 3 losses are eliminated, players who reach 3 wins advance to the next round. Individual rounds are Bo3.
The eight qualifiers in the first swiss will join seeds 1 through 8 in another swiss with the same format, running October 30th to December 3rd.
Again, the top 8 will qualify to a final single elimination bracket to determine the winner, from December 4th to December 24th.

Rules and Information:

Games will be standard RBY OU and follow standard Smogon rules - I reserve the right to take any measures required to resolve contentious situations.
I will likely experiment with systems to facilitate scheduling.
I may create analysis (text or video), live or after the fact, of any games played in this tournament.
I may DQ you from future editions of this tournament if you drop out before being eliminated.
I may DQ you from future editions of this tournament if you take up a slot, but do not sign up for RBY OU by the time SPL comes around.

Sign up by posting "in" or any other message indicating your wish to participate.
Feel free to attach any extra information regarding your past results or motivations if you wish to.
Reiterating: signups will close and the playerlist will be announced on Sunday, September 24th, 7PM GMT+0.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)