RBY/GSC/Adv analysis quality audit.

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
ok, I'm working on uploading/editing where necessary imho the second part of gsc.

If anyone wants to split ADV with me, just tell me in advance. I know Mekkah and I ran down the first 50 or 60 or so, dunno if Mekkah did any after that (this was before the SCMS went down.) I'll get onto uploading these after I finish GSC.

Oh, and I would appreciate it if someone ran over the edits (not that I don't trust GP) that we've made and give some sort of feedback on it; it's always good to have a second opinion.

havoc

pottlepalooza
is a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I will do all competitive GSC Pokemon from Venusaur to whatever pokemon is closest to 100 in the pokedex (Electrode?). I will probably do more, but I'm going to stick to what I know I'm going to get done before I turn into an overachiever.

EDIT: ah, alphabetical order. in that case, gp said to ho-oh? I'll go from whatever's next (Houndoom) to Primeape.

EDIT2: if a set in GSC includes Hidden Power, would you list the DVs, or just go by the fact that NetBattle/Competitor will do it automatically?

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
ok rby is completely edited and uploaded. it's ready to rock and roll.

and havoc, altmer and i worked out a system via pm. i'm gonna do aero-magneton and he's gonna do mantine-the end. but, as altmer said the more eyes the better. do you just want to jump in after edits and give it a look? or i'll let you take aero-magneton and i'll be your extra eyes. it's up to you.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
alright gsc analyses for aerodactyl-magneton are edited/uploaded. if havoc or altmer just wants to run through them so a second pair of eyes can look at them.

also, altmer let me know when you're done, and i'll glance at those.

edit: ok as of about 12:30 am all rby and gsc analyses are completely finished and uploaded. so now we're just down to RS and DP, which I think we've put a good dent into, right?

Altmer

rid this world of human waste
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
yea I'm pretty far, will do some now and see how far I get. if I don't finish today I will tomorrow morning.

edit: I finished yesterday evening, see also gp's post above mine

I'm able to do the RS stuff mostly, but someone needs to help me with stuff like EV spreads for Aggron :(

obi

formerly david stone
is a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Programmer Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Smogon Discord Contributor Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
I can help with RS stuff. Do you want me to do anything in particular, or just double check everything?

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
just to bump this. i talked to skarm tonight, and we're gonna get going on rs. since it's the most involved and has the most pokemon, it'd be best to have more than just 2 though. Assman started on some and Obi said he could help out. I'll rip through them tomorrow, but if someone wants to go over me and quality edit (especially EV spreads, since im throwing a lot in because a lot were left blank in the original analyses) that'd be great.

two things to note for these though:

personality ---> nature
and, remove the "dv" field.

those are the 2 major modifications of the archived analyses. other than that, we just need to make sure ev spreads are provided, and items and traits are filled in (unless the trait is absolute trash. to even bother listing it, it should have some affect on the battle).

edit: also, for "Other Options" if a list of moves is provided, remove it. chaos let me know this for RBY and GSC. It's preferred that we explain in sentence/paragraph form the pokemon's other move options. This probably won't be as big a deal in ADV because multiple movesets are listed whereas RBY/GSC typically had just one moveset listed.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
ok, things are going well so far. i've hit a slight snag that i'll let someone more familiar with adv take care of. the 4 deoxys listed in the archives are:

deoyxs, deoxys e/l/f.

but, when i go to enter them for the scms these are the options:

deoxys chaos2007-06-17 20:54:25 History
deoxys-a chaos2007-06-17 20:54:25History
deoxys-d chaos2007-06-17 20:54:25History
deoxys-s chaos2007-06-17 20:54:25History

im assuming its like a for attack, d for defense, s for special, but i dont know how the e/f/l match up with those. so if someone who knows could take care of that, it'd be greatly appreciated.

(or just tell me and i'll do it).

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
attack, defense, speed.

f = attack
l = defense
e = speed

that reminds me, stuff that mentions Deoxys-L etc needs to be edited to the new names.

chaos

is a Site Content Manageris a Battle Simulator Administratoris a Programmeris a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis an Administratoris a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Researcher Alumnus
Owner
apparently the normal way of caching (revert) is slightly messed up. it'll take like a sec to fix when i get home in 3 hours

I just edit the analysis (without actually editing anything of course) with "Cache this?" checked. Works for me.

EDIT OK I ADMIT IT THAT'S THE ONLY WAY I KNOW HOW TO DO IT

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
haha. i was working on dragonite, and when i went to submit, i scrolled down and hazerider had cached like everything up to that point. it was kinda cool to see, considering none of it had been cached before then.

and, i'll go back to deoxys later when im at home. that'll probably be the most annoying to fix up then.

edit: i dont know if the caps denote anger, but i just thought it was cool how it was all GreenPikachu up to that point and then the next thing I know it says Hazerider on everything. ilu babe :*

chaos

Owner
I just edit the analysis (without actually editing anything of course) with "Cache this?" checked. Works for me.

EDIT OK I ADMIT IT THAT'S THE ONLY WAY I KNOW HOW TO DO IT
Normally you're supposed to go to "Compare" and then hit Cache Comparison (if the edit is good) or Make Cache Current is it isn't. For mass caching it sucks, but I figure that would be the minority of times.

Well, I suppose that'd be the easiest way for when someone actually edits the analyses, but since they're still being uploaded I prefer doing it like this. It's faster imo.
Nice DBZ sig also.

chaos

Owner
lol it's from pokemaster forever trolling ggfan's boards, he listed his "attacks" and they are all so fucking ridiculous to read lol

Yeah, it's pretty easy to see who wrote it.
Jesus's main weapon is a gold-coloured lightsaber, and the hilt of that lightsaber is in fact the wooden cross which he always carries! If Jesus gets serious in a fight, he can increase his power by growing angel wings made from white spirit energy.
Jesus is a fucking badass

@ gp and whoever else that's auditing these analyses, these are full of swears, and I'm pretty sure we're supposed to keep those to a minimum (0). So edit them out while doing everything else. I've been doing it with all the ones I've gone through.

GreenPikachu

pumpkin pieco
i haven't noticed that many bad ones. i mentioned it to chaos last night, and he said as long as its not outrageous/completely unnecessary.

can let it slide: "[insert long explanation of crappy pokemon]. So, basically it's a piece of shit/crap"

been editing: " blah blah blah IT FUCKING SUCKS"

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)