Tournaments RBY 7U Swiss Tournament #1 - (won by Tree69420)

Status
Not open for further replies.

MichaelderBeste2

is the Smogon Tour Season 35 Championis the 1st Smogon Masters Winner
World Defender
Its just regular Swiss till there’s a winner, so either next round or the round after is the final one since dropouts made numbers get a little odd
This doesn't really make sense. Swiss tournament means that you should not be out even if you lost once. You announce the number of rounds played before Round 1 starts. This didn't happen and now you are telling me this? Kinda lame but whatever

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
This doesn't really make sense. Swiss tournament means that you should not be out even if you lost once. You announce the number of rounds played before Round 1 starts. This didn't happen and now you are telling me this? Kinda lame but whatever
Not sure what you’re talking about, if youve played other Swiss tours on Smogon like spotlights this is exactly how they work. Swiss tournaments mean you’re matched with someone of an equivalent record, that’s all. I announced a number of rounds consistent with the player count; dropouts potentially affect this.

the first round post did in fact state the number of rounds etc.
https://www.smogon.com/forums/threa...ament-1-65-prize-round-3.3717381/post-9540715
if there were few signups then perhaps we wouldve considered a format where there wasnt a guaranteed unbeaten, but with nearly 64 signups, six rounds of swiss is already a lot for both hosts and players, and provides more than enough games in terms of tier development etc.

sure you can no longer get 1st/2nd place once you lose once, but u arent eliminated from the tournament, and you can still eg qualify for future suspect tests. and you can still place 3rd-10th or whatever it ends up being. im not sure exactly what ur looking for, its not like smogon does ratings or gives trophies or smthg lol, if you place high in the tour u can still feel good about that (if u want to) eg going 5-1 is a good result regardless

activity check

Gangsta Spongebob vs TG2513 no visible scheduling edit this is wrong and it is scheduled for tmrw
YBW vs tylerfitz8 no visible scheduling
Xurkiyee vs IcyGas52 no visible scheduling

if any of your games were scheduled discord or in private msgs or w e, thats fine, as long as it gets played, or contact me for activity as needed

(and sparks bloom will get act win vs rewer)

all other matches either are scheduled or i have followed up on scheduling posts on walls

Sabelette

from the river to the sea
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Round 5 - Final Round

Act/Coinflips/Admin

juoean gets act over ZeStinky, who never responded.
SaDiSTiCNarwhal vs I-Deepblue-I is extended.
Xurkiyee vs IcyGas52 was coinflipped, Xurkiyee gets the win.
Melbelle has dropped out.
As with last round, there will be some cross-record matches due to dropouts.
All players with at least a 4-1 record will be invited to vote on tiering decisions; 3-2 may qualify but we're still deciding on that.

4-0
The Faz
vs royzin
The Faz vs Tree69420
royzin vs Tree69420

3-1
MichaelderBeste2
vs nicole7735
TetsuHere! vs BeatsBlack
Gangsta Spongebob
vs SOMALIA
Northdakotan vs Shing
YBW vs Sabelette
pastrey vs Ice Yazu

chub
vs Cooljam Junior

2-2
juoean
vs Nugget O Silver
5Dots vs Medeia
sparks bloom vs Victory Victreebel
TG2513 vs tylerfitz8
Electric_Steak vs Acetylaldehyde
Xurkiyee vs MrSoup
Da Pizza Man
vs SaDiSTiCNarwhal
Pika95 vs iKiQ

SponsoredPost
vs ZeStinky

1-3
Jackal King aka. Jcm vs I-Deepblue-I
poison dax vs MultiPokemon
IcyGas52 vs Xyncht
Rewer vs EarthTraveler413

pac vs kenny
missangelic vs TheWhaleFail

Good luck to the finalists! Deadline as always is Sunday, April 16, at 6pm GMT -7. There will be no extensions for any matches except the finals this round.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)