Rate what the user above you is listening to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eraddd

One Pixel
is a Community Leader Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
Love it. Eminem -- Just Lose It

I know, I know. But I can't stop listening to it!
It's one of the earliest rap songs I listened to. Although the lyrics don't really have much meaning, it does what it's suppose to do: shock the conservative, and add a little bit of fun for those who don't take the music literally. It's fun to listen to, and catchy. Plus it's from my childhood, what can you say? I'm biased. 9.5/10

Sympathy For The Devil - Rolling Stones

Ready for the shit flinged at me. Yes, I listened to this song on Black Ops, after playing that mission, this music completely hooked me. Been downloading their music, and haven't looked back. Great percussion, and even greater lyrics. People claim this is satanist music, but it couldn't be farther from the truth. I'll leave it up to interpretation.

Arbitrary number / 10

The Stones are amazing, it's disappointing that great song gets used in shitty movies/shows/commercials and what not but if it gets more people to listen to good music that's cool. The song itself is really long and somewhat repetitive but you can't help but to keep listening because the groove moves you along wanting more.

Lazybones - Soul Coughing

@ Wikey That song was great! I love the lead singer's voice, and there was just a really great atmosphere throughout the song. I will definitely be checking out more by this band.

@Perception- That was pretty good. I knew I recognized the voice somewhere and after a quick google search I found I was right; that's Tool's vocalist! Anyway, I don't think the song was amazing, but it was a quality recording. Sounds a little bit like a more commercial Tool (don't take that as a negative, commercial=/=bad).

Can-Paperhouse
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=U_iJNgLEDS4

Great song from one of my favorite albums. The second disc (it was double disc when it was initially released) was filled was some weird, long, noise experiment tracks, but the first disc is is one of my favorite single discs I have ever listened to.

life after death is still in my "albums to listen to" itunes playlist but ready to die is probably second or third favourite hip hop album of all time, so having said that, i listened to this one for the first time just now..

as i expected, there isnt the same fury he had on ready to die which is what put him on a whole nother level. it was a little bit more mellow than i'd like, but it's fucking biggie smalls. i mean, really. i like the psychedelic reverbery guitar that comes in every now and then also, but the chorus kinda drags on me. still, gonna listen to life after death all the way through soon. i'm still working my way through the classics.

not his best by some ways, but...it's biggie. 7/10

since im in a hip hop mood, np: one of my favourite hip hop tracks of all time. FEEL IT LIKE BRAILLE.

Nas - It Aint Hard To Tell

WaterBomb

Two kids no brane
is a Smogon Discord Contributoris a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Moderator Alumnus
@Hydrattler - Excellent piece instrumentally from a band I haven't heard before. Vocals are a bit dull and don't seem the right fit for the musical technicality, but they are at least fundamentally sound. What I liked most about that song is that it maintained its flow very well, whereas most pieces tend to get disorganized in a hurry and put too much emphasis on the "wow" factor of the speed guitar. Overall 8/10, Instrumental 10/10, Vocals 6/10.

"Untitled" by Eminem

This is off his newest album, and if you haven't heard it yet I suggest you give it a whirl. This song has INCREDIBLE flow, a rarity in today's rap age. Eminem in my opinion is far and away the best rapper still in the game. It's lyrically devastating as well. Best rap/hip hop song I've heard in a number of years.

drcossack

I'm everywhere, you ain't never there
^ 9/10, I really liked it.

My contribution is Burial At Sea by Throwdown
Recently got into Throwdown and I can't stop listening to this, reminds me of Avenged Sevenfold a bit.
Vocals 3/10, Instrumental 7/10, Overall 5/10 - not really the kind of music I listen to, but that varies from person to person anyway. Not a fan of the vocals - I thought it was too low range-wise, and it was obscured by the bass/instrumentation, which is decent.

Let's go with The Eagles - Hotel California Live '94 (Hell Freezes Over tour) for mine.

@ Tomahawk9: I'm obsessed with Coldplay, especially their older stuff, and The Scientist is one of my favorite music videos of all time. 9.5/10

The Dig - Penitentury
I saw them live and this is the only song that stuck in my head but I love it..

THE_IRON_...KENYAN?

Banned deucer.
NastyJungle: I really didnt like the music because the name sounded like a pokemon, but the music sounded as if it was from a sonic game. I feel that good music should not only be enjoyable, but in the correct context of the band name as well. This is the main pitfall of Indie music bands.

Scott Joplin - The Strenuous life

Basically what TIK said.

Anyways, Hoobastank - So Close, Far / Hoobastank Doing Ghostbusters Theme

I listen to alt rock a lot, this is one of my favorite bands, not really mainstream, though they do have a hit or two.
My rating: why do people so publicly flaunt their bad music taste?

In seriousness though this type of thread is useless; either the poster after you shares your taste and thinks your song rawks!!!! or hates your taste and thinks it sucks. (most people realize Hoobastank sucks though)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)