Rate My Team

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is my first time playing PU, and I'm new to singles in general. I Used to play VGC, but wanted to move to singles to play in the World Cup. This is my first attempt at solos teambuilding, using strategies I've learned through my time playing with samples as well as some other ideas I've had.

:scream tail:
Scream Tail @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Protosynthesis
Tera Type: Water
EVs: 252 HP / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Encore
- Wish
- Dazzling Gleam
- Protect

Inspired by a typical Umbreon set. While a set like this usually runs a status move, I instead gave it Encore to allow mons to switch into Wish without taking damage. Even though ST has even attacking stats, I opted to run a special attacking set. Even though Tail gets a stronger physical STAB in Play Rough, I opted for a Spat set to weaken the damage taken from Foul Play users (When I first started making this team it was intended for NU so this was mainly against Umbreon)

:sandaconda:
Sandaconda @ Rocky Helmet
Ability: Shed Skin
Tera Type: Ground
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Rest
- Stealth Rock
- Stone Edge
- Earthquake

Super standard Sandaconda set, opted for Rocky Helmet instead of Leftys or HDB to help with Chip damage, since I don't have any other hazards then SR, and no Roar user.

:scyther:
Scyther @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Technician
Tera Type: Flying
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Dual Wingbeat
- Swords Dance
- Defog
- U-turn

Once again another standard set, opted for HDB instead of LO since I didn't want to have to keep switching for Wish which would Force me to lose SD boost.

:gligar:
Gligar @ Eviolite
Ability: Immunity
Tera Type: Ghost
EVs: 252 HP / 156 Def / 100 SpD
Impish Nature
- Earthquake
- U-turn
- Toxic
- Stealth Rock

Another standard set. Gligar is such a prominent Mon in the meta, and by far the strongest PreVo in PU.

:kilowattrel:
Kilowattrel @ Choice Specs
Ability: Volt Absorb
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Volt Switch
- Tera Blast

I fell in love with Kilowatrrel from my experience with Rain teams, my favorite strat to run in Competitive Pokemon. Water is such a good offensive type, and becomes so good defensively with a Electric immunity.

:floatzel:
Floatzel @ Choice Band
Ability: Swift Swim
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wave Crash
- Flip Turn
- Brick Break
- Ice Spinner

Another Mon I became acquainted with through using Rain teams. While it is so deadly in Rain, rivaling Barraskewda for the best in it's role, it is also quite viable out of rain. Also could countersweep a Rain Team in the off chance it faces one.

:scream tail: :sandaconda: :scyther: :gligar: :kilowattrel: :floatzel:
Other Team Notes

I think individually all these mons are great, Im just not sure if they have synergy. I feel like I am throwing in strong mons that don't exactly piece together. No set "lines" or connections between them really. I also did not EV to counter any other mons, something I struggle with doing in general. From a personal point, I feel like it is a good but not great expression of my playstyle. My favorite part about Pokemon is that you can express yourself through the teams you build, something I find really cool In sports/esports, but especially in Pokemon. I normally run Hyper Offense teams, with a real comfortable feeling for Rain Teams.

Let me know if you have any suggestions to improve this team.
https://pokepast.es/f1f16ae9261d586b

asa

picaresque mouse haru
is a Site Content Manageris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
PU Leader
Hello!

This isn't the right place to look for PU team rates; that would be the SV Other Tiers section of the RMT subforum (see here), or in the PU Showdown room or Discord server if you're looking for faster feedback. Please post your team and any possible concerns in one of these three locations for feedback and more info.

Thank you for your interest, though! I hope you enjoy the tier.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)