rate my team please

I was wondering if anyone can provide advice to further improve this team. I believe it has more potential than I am able to utilize, and some help would be appreciated. The team consists of the following:

1 - Haxorus
Nature: Naive
Item: Muscle Band/Lum Berry
Ability: Mold Breaker
Dragon Dance
Earthquake
Dual Chop/Outrage
Brick Break

Haxorus is essentially meant to hit hard, and successfully gets the job done due to neutralizing Sturdy pokes. One setup of Dragon Dance is crucial in order to turn Haxorus into the horrifying monster it is best known for. However, he is extremely prone to status moves (namely Thunder Wave) and so a Lum Berry could be placed to remove it. I was initially considering an Adamant nature Haxorus in order to promote his already monstrous Attack stat. The problem with that, however, is that Haxorus would then require two Dragon Dances at most just to outspeed Garchomp (which could be even more menacing when Scarfed). Dual Chop helps deal with Focus Sashers, despite not packing the punch Outrage has for Sturdy pokes.

2 - Charizard
nature: Timid
Item: Life Orb
ability: Sheer Force
Substitute
Fire Blast
Air Slash
Solarbeam

This Charizard is meant to stay behind a Sub and spam special attacks until it reaches Blaze range, at which point Fire Blast's power will have reached at least 300 excluding Super Effective damage. The problem is this charizard set is on a timer with every attack, and while a Wide Lens helps boost accuracy, it greatly reduces the move power Charizard would have if it had a Modest Nature. Solarbeam, behind a sub, is a good maneuver against Water-type pokes, but it is easily predictable and forces switches.

3 - Nidoking
Item: Choice Scarf
Ability: Sheer Force
Ice Beam
Flamethrower/Fire Blast
Thunderbolt
Earth Power

Standard Sheer Force nidoking. Choice Scarf helps promote speed, however restrictions to one move leads to many switches. Switching nidoking out to many pokes leaves my other pokemon vulnerable to other status affects, setting up, or even scouting.

4 - Scrafty
Nature: Careful
Item: Zoom Lens
Ability: Shed Skin
Rest
Bulk Up
Hi Jump Kick
Payback

Scrafty is the ideal status wall and special defense wall in my opinion, with bulk that even rivals suicune's. My issue here revolves around the item, is Zoom Lens more suitable just for Hi jump Kick's accuracy, or leftovers for more hp recovery in the event that an opponent pokemon protects. Not to mention, Scrafty pretty much walls Nidoking's weaknesses very easily, although unable to remove Confusion with Shed Skin.

5 - Eelektross
Item: Leftovers
Ability: Levitate
Nature: Quiet
Coil
Thunder
Dragon Claw
Flamethrower

Coil guarantees Eelektross more survivability in battle, although it has no special defense EVs. This Eelektross is intended to be mixed, with Dragon Claw providing better coverage on Garchomp, Flygon, and even Latios. Flamethrower is for Grass types which easily resist Thunder, but I'm not sure if Acrobatics in conjunction with a Flying Gem also delivers the same goal. Thunder is preferred over Zap Cannon due to it requiring less Coils to set up to fully utilizing.

6 - Metagross
Nature: Naive
Item: Air Baloon
Ability: Clear Body
Hone Claws
Bullet Punch
Zen Headbutt
Earthquake

Hone Claws is meant to boost Zen Headbutt and, if I were running it, Meteor Mash. The reason I prefer Bullet Punch in this particular set is due to its low speed, and first priority guarantee (particularly on annoying sashed Weavile and Froslass). It doesnt quite seal the deal with Infernapes though, so I don't know what to do there. Being only to weak to fire in the first turn, a predicted fire type move would allow me to switch into Charizard and take it. But since Metagross has a Naive nature, I should plan on experimenting a Rock Polish set for Metagross whenever I get the chance.

Dont use muscle band on haxorus.
With lum berry your set is nice. You could also get a scarf set, and have both dual chop and outrage.

I like the idea behind charizard , but solar beam never is a good idea. Even if you got no weather, 8/10 of your oponents will have. And if you are lucky that the weather is sun then its ok, but it will be sand/rain half of the time, so you need to charge and have only 70 BP .

Use leftovers on scrafty, for the rest thats a nice set ,one i had in thoughts quite some time to be honest. Run crunch over payback tho.

Actually its hard to rate this team. As you didnt add EV spreads.
One thing i notice tho , you dont seem to have any walls . Meaning a sweeper can fairly easy sweep the whole team is it is allowed to set up.

Well I looked at your team and the first thing I realized is that you are running some somewhat derpish items like muscle band and zoom lens...
I also noticed a lack of EVs.
I also took note of random natures that seem to be pointless i.e naive metagross, quiet elektross naive haxorus.
I believe you meant to put blaze as charizards ability.
The first thing I noticed is that your team is very weak to swords dance lucario if there is stealth rock and a layer of spikes up. Lucario could possibly set up a swords dance against your nidoking locked into ice beam, but that is somewhat situational.
You should probably change payback to crunch, and high jump kick to drain punch, for scrafty.
You mentioned garchomp in your analysis a few times. Garchomp is uber now btw.
Post some EVs next time, and unless this is ingame and you are a VERY lazy breeder, explain your nature choices as well.
You should take out zen headbutt on metagross as it does not really give much coverage except for some bulk up users, and after a bulk up or two it won't be doing very much anyway. You should use agility metagross or perhaps use bulky metagross to set up stealth rock which your team lacks, hone claws metagross is ineffective at best with the fast paced metagame having many powerful sweepers especially fire and ground types like volcorona and excadrill that can outspeed and KO metagross.
You also are weak to offencive volcorona with HP rock due to the fact that it can set up on a good deal of your team and you have no stealth rocks.

So to sum it up, fix the random items, fix natures, swap scrafty's moves, change metagross set, and add stealth rocks.
Good luck, peace

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)