SV OU rate my sticky web team please

https://pokepast.es/ffadbf449dbe5bbf

spidop's role on the team is self-explanatory.
its main role is to set the sticky web.
its access to circle throw allows it to punish the enemy set up sweepers that exploit their free turn and the focus sash almost guarantees that it will get the chance to set the sticky web.
the ability is insomnia so it will not need to be afraid of spore and also the move silk trap lets it slow down pokemon in cases where it is not viable to use circle throw or u-turn.
its physical bulk is not to be underestimated, there are times where it has survived more than 2 attacks in a row.

gholdengo is an other self-explanatory pokemon.
it exists so it can protect the sticky web from being removed.
its psychic coverage means that it can guarantee a 2HKO on great tusk(unless if the tusk maxes out special defence wich has never happened for some reason.)
even if it does not get the kill that's not a big deal, a severely injure tusk which has also slown down from the sticky web is an easy kill for almost any other pokemon on the team.

lokix serves as the physical set up sweeper.
thanks to tinted lens+swords dance it can essentially hit super effectively anything that does not double-resist its stab combination.
the heavy duty boots it is holding are necessary for the case where my opponent sents the sticky web back to me,they also help with other hazards.
its ability to hit super effectively ting-lu is very apreciated.

hydreigon is the special set-up sweeper.
now that chi-yu got banned it has become very hard on finding a reliable nasty plot sweeper which will not be walled pokemon that resist its moves.
so now I am using hydreigon poison-tera hydreigon since the combo of dragon+poison+fire is almost unresistable (thank god that heatran is not currently available).
the good thing with its tera-typying is that it can catch fairy-types by surprise and hit them super effectively since it is 4x weak to fairy.
also thanks to levitate it is only weak to psychic type moves which aren't that common this generation.

quaquaval is a cleaner that does not need sticky web all that much.
nobody can make sure that sticky web will never be removed from the enemy team so having a pokemon that can function well without sticky web is pretty usefull.
unfortunately this is the reason why I gave it jolly nature and not adamand.
its excellent coverage makes it hard to wall.

chien-pao is the overrated wallbreaker of the team.
well this pokemon exists to break bulky pokemon the choice band and adamand nature have been included for maximum damage output and it still struggles with dondozo and sometimes garganacl not to mention it hates stealth rock and unfortunately the move sucker punch got added to make up for its lack of speed when dealing with something faster than it.
also some times it is using the dark tera too since dark is such a good type offensively and hydreigon does not always need to terastylize.

Last edited:

chimp

Go Bananas
is an official Team Rateris a Contributor to Smogonis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hey. Neat team. First off: Psychic is unnecessary on Gholdengo, as Make It Rain does the same amount of damage:
252 SpA Gholdengo Psychic vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk: 328-388 (75.5 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery
252 SpA Gholdengo Make It Rain vs. 252 HP / 4 SpD Great Tusk: 330-388 (76 - 89.4%) -- guaranteed 2HKO after Leftovers recovery

This makes sense when you consider STAB and the overall differences in BP
90 x 2 =180
120 x 1.5 = 180.
They are functionally the same, at least damage wise. Therefore, you should consider removing Psychic, as it doesn't provide any coverage that Gholdengo really needs, MIR will be the better choice 99.9% of the time. I highly recommend using Nasty Plot instead, to help break walls, as it can be really effective with Sticky Webs up.

Also: I really think you ought to consider some sort of hazard removal. Chien-Pao and Lokix really suffer if Rocks get thrown up. Easiest solution I suppose is throwing Rapid Spin on Quaquaval, but that might not be ideal as Quaquaval usually needs all its moves optimized for sweeping. (Speaking of which, I am not a fan of BB on Quaq, and I think your set in general is just un-optimized, you should check out the analysis, my personal favorite is the BU + Taunt set). Hatterene is a good choice on HO Sticky Web teams, since it can deter other players from throwing hazards in your face, including other Webs. Great Tusk fits very well onto Sticky Webs teams, too, being just fast enough to really benefit from Webs, while providing immediate damage and Spin support, while being able to pressure Cinderace, who is a big threat with Court Change. I think subbing either in for Lokix or Quaquaval is not a bad idea.

Be sure to check out the Viability Rankings and Usage Stats to get a general idea of what is strong in the metagame right now. Best of luck with future teams!

One thing I'll say, is that CB chien pao is a pain to use if you've got no hazard removal.

Chien's gonna get banned soon anyways, so if you want a strong breaker, then banded :dragapult: or specs :iron valiant: might be something to consider in it's place.

Specs valiant 's moonblasts are extremely spamable under web, especially after tera fairy, and pult hits hard with d-darts or tera ghost tera blast.

One last thing, I'd recommend switching ghold's item to covert cloak to deal with garg better and set up on it's face with np and recover. I hope this helped and wish you many wins in the future!

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)