Rate my OU Team #2! 1500+

CURRENTLY AT 1640 WITH THIS TEAM

Hey there, before I start this, I would like to say that my friend had this team but I made a few modifications to it. I replaced Bisharp with Scizor to Defog the rocks that might possibly be set up for Charizard and gave Deoxys a focus sash instead of a life orb. Please tell me what you think of this team and how I can improve it.

Kyurem-Black @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Teravolt
EVs: 56 Atk / 200 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature
- Ice Beam
- Outrage
- Fusion Bolt
- Earth Power

Kyurem is a beast with its choice scarf. With its high attack, decent bulk, and super speed with help from the choice scarf, it's one dangerous monster to mess with. Ice beam can take care of other dragon threats and flying types like Mandibuzz, Thundurus, and Landorus. Fusion bolt takes care of fairy types like Azumarill and are great for hitting Pokemon like Heatran that carry balloons.

Deoxys-Speed @ Focus Sash
Ability: Pressure
EVs: 20 Atk / 252 SAtk / 236 Spd
Hasty Nature
- Psycho Boost
- Superpower
- Ice Beam Taunt
- Stealth Rock

Typically my lead. Deoxys-Speed is a perfect lead for a hyper offensive team, especially since it's such a hybrid Pokemon, able to set up or attack. In this case, Deoxys is a nice attacker on the team. I've tried your average light clay set with him and prefer this set much more. Superpower takes care of dark and steel type leads, Ferrothorn, Tyranitar, Excadrill, Absol, and Bisharp. Ice Beam is for coverage as well and psycho boost is a great stab move for Deoxys. The great thing about this set is that psycho bost and superpower work well together because you can use them back to back and won't have to worry about the stats being decreased. Definitely considered a mixed attacker for a lead, and it comes as a bit of a surprise to your opponent above all.

Landorus-Therian (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Intimidate
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Earthquake
- Stone Edge
- Knock Off
- U-turn

Basically the same role as Kyurem. I actually replaced Salamence with Landorus-T because of type differences and because Landorus has a monster attack as well as speed. Stone edge gets rid of the standard fire and flying Pokemon like Charizard and Talonflame, but also does great against dragons like Dragonite that have momentum with dragon dance. Earthquake is obviously a great move to have as well as the STAB that comes with it. Knock off is great against Pokemon like Aegislash that don't expect a super effective move and even those random eviolite Pokemon. You already know how great knock off is if you've used it, but I found it to be the best fit for Landorus' third move. U-Turn is great for switching out since it's almost guaranteed to hit 1st, and you can leave your enemy a goodbye present before someone else fights it. God I sound like a noob describing Landorus, but I am so eh

Charizard-Mega-X @ Charizardite X
Ability: Tough Claws
EVs: 248 HP / 140 Atk / 120 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Dragon Dance
- Flare Blitz
- Roost
- Dragon Claw

What can I say about Charizard? He had to be on this team. Believe it or not, you have to play strategically with Charizard to be victorious. Those fairy types will want to hit your mega and wall your dragon claw, but you must outplay them. I typically dragon dance before mega evolving if there is a fairy type on the other side of me. However, if it's Azumarill, I go straight for the flare blitz. Flare blitz hits very nicely with Charizard's super high attack. Charizard can manage to sweep a team with just one dragon dance and dragon claw as well. It's really a beast. Roost works great if you weren't able to pull off the Defog against rocks and also works great against stall pokemon and unpredictable switch-ins.

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Conkeldurr not only solves my Heatran problem, it has an amazing attack and pretty decent bulk. Thunder Punch and Ice Punch both take care of flying types and multi-type flying types. I gave him Thunder Punch and Ice Punch because Talonflame is weak to Thunder Punch and not Ice Punch, but Landorus and Thundurus are weak to Ice Punch and not Thunder Punch. Mach Punch is amazing because despite its low power, it can OHKO if it's super effective and 2HKO some Pokemon that even resist it! Drain Punch is STAB and takes care of the HP lost from Life Orb.

Breloom @ Toxic Orb
Ability: Poison Heal
EVs: 12 HP / 252 Atk / 244 Spd
Adamant Nature
- Spore
- Substitute
- Focus Punch
- Seed Bomb

Quite a different set for Breloom. The substitute + focus punch combination has been my best bet among many different combinations I've tested for it. If my opponent has a grass type, I normally go straight for the substitute incase they try and predict spore. If they don't have a grass type, I go for the spore, then the substitute immediately after. Seed bomb is the best grass type physical move for Breloom, especially with the 100% accuracy. Focus Punch hits very well against Pokemon like Skarmory, Charizard, and anything with a bulk, even if it causes resisted damage. Breloom is an absolute BEAST. The only real issue I have is brave bird, and the fact that it's hard for him to take a hit. Not much you can do about that though, and not much I have to do, because when he gets spore out he's hard to beat.

Last edited:
Hi i think any stall team can easily win against your team as you dont have taunt on any pokemon so i suggest Ice beam < taunt in deoxys speed as well its fast can prevent any hazards.

Hi i think any stall team can easily win against your team as you dont have taunt on any pokemon so i suggest Ice beam < taunt in deoxys speed as well its fast can prevent any hazards.
that's a good suggestion
also, if heatran gets a free entry against kyurem-b, it can finish it with lava plume
4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 0 HP / 0- SpD Kyurem-B: 132-156 (33.7 - 39.8%) -- 24.1% chance to 3HKO after Leftovers recovery, which is guranteed 3hko after rocks
56 Atk Teravolt Kyurem-B Fusion Bolt vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 113-134 (29.2 - 34.7%) -- 8.2% chance to 3HKO

also, if you switch to lando,
4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Landorus-T: 130-154 (40.6 - 48.1%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Leftovers recovery
and also there's the 30% burn chance, so your lando is crippled and you don't have a cleric, so you need something that can shut heatran up besides conk
Great suggestions! I'll replace ice beam. What do you suggest I do about the Heatran thing?

EDIT: Would Excadrill replacing Scizor be better? This is the set I'm thinking of:

Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide

Last edited:

SparksBlade

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Top Dedicated Tournament Host
Community Leader
Deoxys243 said:
Excadrill @ Air Balloon
Ability: Mold Breaker
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Rapid Spin
- Earthquake
- Rock Slide
air balloon heatran still beats it, so in this case you'll have to have caused prior damage before exca can do anything. besides that, your breloom will have to be alive and if you can predict and spore heatran, then that'll take care of it for the time being.
4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 308-366 (85 - 101.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO-----so that's a coinflip, but if you do survive and burst its balloon, and that's good.
252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 113-133 (29.2 - 34.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock-----that should give you hope as well.

besides that, you'll have to rely on smart switching against heatran, although it isn't a big threat by itself, and seeing you're 1500+ i'm sure you can switch smartly. gl

air balloon heatran still beats it, so in this case you'll have to have caused prior damage before exca can do anything. besides that, your breloom will have to be alive and if you can predict and spore heatran, then that'll take care of it for the time being.
4 SpA Heatran Lava Plume vs. 4 HP / 0 SpD Excadrill: 308-366 (85 - 101.1%) -- 6.3% chance to OHKO-----so that's a coinflip, but if you do survive and burst its balloon, and that's good.
252 Atk Landorus-T Stone Edge vs. 252 HP / 0 Def Heatran: 113-133 (29.2 - 34.4%) -- guaranteed 3HKO after Stealth Rock-----that should give you hope as well.

besides that, you'll have to rely on smart switching against heatran, although it isn't a big threat by itself, and seeing you're 1500+ i'm sure you can switch smartly. gl
Thank you. After battling quite a bit of those Heatrans, it turns out that my Charizard, after one D Dance, does 34%, so Heatrans that don't have Earth Power are taken care of. I replaced Excadrill with Conkeldurr after testing because Excadrill didn't do much, and Conkeldurr is pretty good so far. I'm not too worried about rocks anymore because I made Charizard mega from the start of the battle and I have roost. This is the Conkeldurr set:

Conkeldurr @ Life Orb
Ability: Iron Fist
EVs: 252 Atk / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Adamant Nature
- Drain Punch
- Thunder Punch
- Ice Punch
- Mach Punch

Will update OP

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)