Rate My HAIL Team :)

Hey Im new to smogon community, but I have been playing netbattle, and shoddy for a few years now :).
Here is my Hail team, not all is standard, as I like to have fun while battling, and I feel good about having oringal movesets, this team has a very solid win to loss ratio, but there are times, when I do lose, usually to mistake, or overprediction.

Abomasnow (M) @ Choice Band
Ability: Snow Warning
EVs: 100 HP/252 Atk/158 SDef
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Wood Hammer
- Blizzard
- Focus Punch
- Ice Shard

I love my CB Snow, with 466Attack, Iceshard 1HKO's, Salamence,Gliscor,Dragonite, And leaves a heavy dent on most neutrals.
Woodhammer, covers Swampert Leads, And Nets the 1HKO on Tyranitar, if Dragon Dances., Blizzard hits Skarm, for good damage, focus punch is very sweet here, it can suprise the Heatran switch, sometimes If im feeling cocky, I let Heatran stealth rock, then focus punch its ugly asss.
---
Walrein (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Ice Body
EVs: 252 HP/252 Def/6 SAtk
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Ice Beam
- Substitute
- Protect
- Roar

Standard Stallrein, Icebeam for good coverage, preffered over Blizzard, due to PP, Sub+Protect=Life Recovery, Roar for hazing, and racking up SR, and Spike damage. Max HP+Defense, means Stallrein, can take CB BulletPunch, from Scizor, and sponge up and recover most pyhsical neutral hits. Usualy saved for late game, when I know the counters to Stallrein have been taken out, and Spikes and SR has been successfully put up.
---
Mamoswine (M) @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 6 HP/252 Atk/252 Spd
Adamant nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Earthquake
- Ice Shard
- Stone Edge
- Bite

Mamoswine, I love her, choicescarfed, means 388speed 394Attack, means ownage, also suprises nearly all of my opponenets, I use Mamoswine usualy as a revenge killer, or as a lategame sweeper, with all that Hail,Spike,SR damage adding up, EQ cleans up everything, expect for levitate or fliers, Hence stone edge, and ice shard, also Bite mashes up Gengar, and Rotom.
---
Tentacruel (M) @ Life Orb
Ability: Liquid Ooze
EVs: 55 HP/255 Spd/100 SAtk/100 SDef
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Surf
- Rapid Spin
- Giga Drain
- Blizzard

Offensive Cruel, Switches in against Heatran, and Infernape, Surf+LO, is for the 1hko against that annoying ape, and Heatran, Rapid spin for support, Giga drain for bulky waters, and Blizzard, to try and hurt Celebie and Grass types as hard as possible, does its job, but doesn't last long.
---
Bronzong @ Chesto Berry
Ability: Levitate
EVs: 255 HP/100 Atk/155 Def
Bold nature (+Def, -Atk)
- Iron Head
- Rest
- Stealth Rock
- Hypnosis

Defensive Bronzong, SR is for support, racking up residual damage and then cleaning up with Mamoswine, is important, Rest+Chesto= Free health, IronHead over GyroBall, beacuse of PP, Hypnosis to put Bronzongs counter to beddy byes. Bronzong can switch on CB BulletPunch Scizor, and most physical attackers lacking a fire move. Easy to switch in, and hypnosis is usually either the best move in the game, or the worst, FUCK YOU 75% ACC!
---
Froslass (F) @ Leftovers
Ability: Snow Cloak
EVs: 255 Spd/255 SAtk
Timid nature (+Spd, -Atk)
- Spikes
- Shadow Ball
- Thunder Wave
- Substitute
---

Ahhh, my rapid spin blocker, and CB DYNAMIC PUNCH MOFO MACHAMP blocker, I love froslass it annoying to any opponent when used correctly, max speed, get sub up, paralyze, sub again, once unable to move, or misses, Spikes, sub breaks, sub again, parahaxed or misses, spikes, repeat. In most battles, im guarnteed to get 2or3 spikes up, and TW is always a nice support move, Shadowball, hits Starmie HARD and Celebie, Rotom, Latias, 2HKO.,

I will now cover my weaknesses, and how I usualy deal with them.

Gyradose.
Bronzong, Stealth Rock, Switch Wallrein, Roar.
Or if that fails. Bronzong Hypnosis, switch Mamoswine.
Mamoswine outspeeds gyradose after one DD, therefore Stone edge is 1hko.

Heatran.
Tentacruel, surf, heatran runs away like a pussy.
Risky, but snowman has focus punch, if its a lead heatran.
Mamoswine owns it if Heatran is not scarfed. EQ 1hko without doubt.
Wallrein, stalls to an extent., hail can take its toll on Heatran.

Infernape.
Tentacruel, surf, the ape runs away.
Mamoswine, 1hko.

Salamence, Dragonite, Gliscor, Latias, Togekiss.

All checked, by one 466 Iceshard, and 394 Iceshard.
Also stallrein has icebeam., tentacruel has blizzard.
I never have to worry about these pokes.

Scizor
Ah i hate this pokemon with a passion, its uber imo!, its used by 90% of teams, its just ridiciliously uoringal, and has a cheapness about it, you dont need skill to spam choiceband bulletpunch., anyway , my check for scizor, is if its a choicebander
Bronzong comes in, hypnosis.., then switch in Snowman, for a blizzard kill, or Mamo for the 2hko/3hko, risky..

Lifeorb poses less of a threat, if its lacking roost., broznong can take hits, and scizor loses health quick.

Tentacruel, can do good damage with surf against scizor, usually putting it in Iceshard range.

Frosslass can thunderwave, if it comes in on CB superpower.. but obviously dies to bullet punch.

Depending on the moveset or ev spread of scizor, it has become very hard for me to predict, usually if scizor is running Swords dance, and roost, my team is owned. but if its life orbed, or choicebanded, its usualy easier to wear and take down using good prediction. I have tested Heatran, but it just didnt sychnozie with my team aswell as froslass has.

Anyway please rate, comments and thoughts apperciated :).

Well Maybe this is personal preference but Wallrein would have different a movepool.
Toxic+sub+protect+surf does way better imo.
Hail+toxic drains there hp down fast.

As for the scizor problem Maybe add in a Magnezone in there somewhere.
Tho when I used to run a Snowteam Wallrein always was able to take down scizor.

Thats all I can critisize.
The Rest looks fine.

Like the team, I've been a player of hail myself for quite a while. Not too many improvements I Will suggest as the team looks pretty good. But as you are running hail. I reccomend Blizzard> Ice beam on walrein and maybe even Surf depending on your preferance. There is no real point on carrying ice beam when blizzard has 100% accuracy and your walrein will be pretty useless when you lose the hail anyway. The post above is also something I Agree with. However, I Understand roar can be useful for setup threats especially as walrein is bulky enough to take so many hits. But I Would suggest changing to toxic.Hope I helped, sorry I didn't post much.

Like the team, I've been a player of hail myself for quite a while. Not too many improvements I Will suggest as the team looks pretty good. But as you are running hail. I reccomend Blizzard> Ice beam on walrein and maybe even Surf depending on your preferance. There is no real point on carrying ice beam when blizzard has 100% accuracy and your walrein will be pretty useless when you lose the hail anyway. The post above is also something I Agree with. However, I Understand roar can be useful for setup threats especially as walrein is bulky enough to take so many hits. But I Would suggest changing to toxic.Hope I helped, sorry I didn't post much.

Thanks for the comment man, I have contemplated Blizzard>Icebeam, but in all my tests, if im trying to outstall, say a Gyradose,Scizor,Swampert, the list goes on, blizzard with only 8pp and the only attacking move, can easily be outstalled. but the point is correct, without hail, wallrein does fail, so it is something I will consider.

Also toxic on wallrein, i have to agree it would make my stallrein much more potent!, the reason to why It has not already got toxic, is beacuse i used to run toxic spikes on my tentacruel, and forgot to change roar>toxic on wallrein.

thanks for the comments :)

jc104

Humblest person ever
is a Top Contributor Alumnus
I would not recommend Ice Beam on Walrein - Surf has much better neutral coverage, and is much more effective versus those immune to toxic, and it has more pp than Ice Beam. You definitely already carry enough ice type moves on your team. Super Fang, a new move from HGSS is also good. Although slightly gimmicky you can use it with Brine since its power is doubled to 130.

Can I recommend putting toxic spikes back on Tentacruel? I can understand using a more offensive version for surprise value but toxic spikes are much more valuable against bulky waters than giga drain. It also frees up another slot for Walrein so you can have Roar again (or Encore) to deal with setup sweepers.

Hypnosis now has 60% accuracy (you must have thought you were very unlucky.) Maybe with this new information you would consider changing it?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)