Rate my first team

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to start by saying that I have no fucking idea what I did, I have been playing pokemon all my life but the competitive has always scared me with all those little numbers and the obvious intention of games freaks to make teambuilding the least user friendly things in the world. Fortunately, years and years of internet build research for different games I have put together a team that I think can be defined as Hyper Offensive (with internet buil research I mean that I have copied and pasted 6 pokemon that inspired me inside a team). I will put my team here without adding explanations as to why I chose certain moves or how many evs I assigned because, again, I have no idea what I did. I think my team's goal is to break the opponent before he does it with me.

Garchomp (M) @ Leftovers
Ability: Rough Skin
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Atk / 252 Spe
- Stealth Rock
- Earthquake
- Swords Dance
- Stone Edge

Heracross @ Flame Orb
Ability: Guts
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 Def / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Close Combat
- Megahorn
- Facade
- Knock Off

Gengar @ Life Orb
Ability: Cursed Body
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
- Shadow Ball
- Sludge Wave
- Taunt
- Focus Blast

Scolipede @ Life Orb
Ability: Speed Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- Swords Dance
- Megahorn
- Poison Jab
- Earthquake

Volcarona @ Heavy-Duty Boots
Ability: Flame Body
EVs: 252 SpA / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Timid Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Flamethrower
- Bug Buzz
- Quiver Dance
- Roost

Bisharp @ Black Glasses
Ability: Defiant
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Atk / 4 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Swords Dance
- Knock Off
- Sucker Punch
- Iron Head

all this is the result of various looting to other teams and the smogon tutorial for building a team (https://www.smogon.com/articles/hyper-offense-in-ou)

Dusk Mage Necrozma

formerly XenonHero126
You kind of still do have to add explanations. If you don’t know anything about the metagame you can play the team for a bit on the ladder and see what Pokemon on your team are the best at doing certain things, or you could add why you copied the Pokemon you did from sample teams.

ShuckleDeath

They call me the kign of typos
is a Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnus
Hi, welcome to Smogon! I am locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least three lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and look at Team Showcase to see the detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions, and I will be happy to unlock this.

Why did you choose this mon
What do the EV spreads do and why do you have it
What are all 4 moves for

In all honesty, I feel if you don't know why you added something to a team it may be to early to have a team rated it may be better to get inclined with the metagame to the point where you have reasoning behind your teambuilding. That would make it easier for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)