Rate my First OU B/W Team

Hey, so this is my first OU b/w team, and i'm pretty new to battling, but have seen enough to have a general idea of it. This team has been working pretty well for me, but I always have trouble with water/grounds, like swampert and gastrodon.

Ferrothorn@Leftovers
Sassy, Iron Barbs
Curse
Gyro Ball
Stealth Rocks
Leech Seed
252HP, 76Def, 180SpD
Wall, easily sets up rocks, can take most stuff out with gyro ball after a curse or two. After a few curses, it can take any physical hit, and easily recover the hp it lost through lefties and leech seed, and gyro ball to take anything out after curse. It has trouble with slow walls like bronzong, as it is really slow, is immune to leech seed, and resists gyro ball. I divided the ev's so it can take physical or special hits, although physical is preferred.

Tyranitar@Life Orb
Adamant, Sand Stream
Stealth Rock
Dragon Tail
Stone Edge
Earthquake
252HP, 252Att, 4 Def
He's just a back-up rocker, with dragon tail to take out anything i can't handle. I don't really think he fits in with my team, been thinking of switching him out. His main use is to set up rocks if ferrothorn somehow can't, and then just deal damage 'til it dies. I'm thinking about switching it with a breloom, to take out water/grounds like swampert, and to add a fighting type to my team. I set up the ev's so it can deal as much damage as possible, but didn't put any in speed because it's not going to be outspeeding much, and they'd be better used in hp.

Latios@Leftovers
Modest, Levitate
Calm Mind
Recover
Psychic
Dragon Pulse
252SpA, 252Spe, 4Hp
Calm mind sweeper. With a few calm minds, it can take pretty much any special move, and wreck after a boost. Recover is there for, duh, recovery. Latios can completely wall special-attackers after 2 or 3 calm minds, and just recover whenever you get close to half health, and then continue sweeping. I've found that if i can get 2 calm minds up, I can easily sweep teams without many problems. I spread the ev's through SpA and Spe because it's more a sweeper than a calm-mind staller, and after a few calm minds, it's not going to need those extra ev's.

Gliscor@Toxic Orb
Impish, Poison Heal
Protect
Toxic
Earthquake
Ice Fang
252Hp, 252Def, 4Att
My physical wall. Recovery from toxic, protect to extend the healing, and toxic to cripple special switch-ins. Earthquake for Stab and coverage, ice fang for dragons and coverage. My main strategy with gliscor is usually switching it in from a u-turn or volt switch, get the poison heal down, poison them if needed, and then alternate attack/protect, or just switch out if i have to. Quite effective, as it's very bulky, and has a good source of recovery. I spread the ev's to make him a complete physical wall, almost taking any unboosted physical attack.

Scizor@Choice Band
Adamant, Technician
Bullet Punch
U-turn
Brick Break
Pursuit
252Hp, 252 Att, 4Def
Scizor has MASSIVE attack, and even higher with choice band. This thing can seriously dent or KO most pokes. Bullet punch is there for stab and priority. U-turn to deal damage, and get a good, usually reliable, switch, and pursuit to hit anything switching out for huge damage. I have brick break here over superpower because i prefer not having his attack lowered. Scizor can easily revenge kill with bullet punch, or u-turn out if it's in trouble, usually to gliscor or latios, depending on if the expected attack's physical or special. Ev's are spread to get the most damage possible, and give a little bulk.

Rotom-W@Choice Scarf
Modest, Levitate
Trick
Thunderbolt
Volt Switch
Hydro Pump
252SpA, 252Spe, 4Hp
I usually lead rotom to counter the common politoed lead, or if not, just volt switch out if need be. Thunderbolt and hydropump are there for coverage and stab, and trick to cripple any special-wall switch in. I've found that special walls are no bother to me as long as rotom is still alive and hasn't tricked yet, as my latios is completely walled by special-walls like blissey. Ev's are spread so it can outspeed most non-scarfed pokes, and deal nice amounts of damage through it's coverage moves.

A couple of notes. The first one being that you should try and expand your descriptions so your thread doesn't get locked. Secondly, I recommend adding some pictures, so that it's more visually appealing. About the actual team itself, there are a couple of adjustments to the actual mons I can suggest. First, the ideal Calm Mind Latias set you're going to want to run is 252HP/4SpA/252Spd. I also suggest Psyshock over Psychic, as it will allow you to defeat Blissey/Chansey considerably easier. Next, I'd recommend a spread of 252/176/80 on your Gliscor. I'm not sure what the goal of the Tyranitar set is. Is it a life orb sweeper or a wall? You could try running a choice band on it to help you beat Celebi, Lati@s, and Reuniclus. Other than that, not a bad team, I spose. GLB.

Thanks for your input. I beefed up the descriptions, but I don't really see how to add pics :\. Anyways, I don't really have that much trouble with special walls, as they're usually brought in early to mid game, and at that time i can switch rotom in, to either trick or force the switch, so i'm running psychic over psyshock, as most of my team is already physical. I guess I could try a choice band t-tar set, but if I were to replace it with breloom, for example, i wouldn't really have a psychic counter. I could get a scrafty instead, to counter psychic and add a fighting type. I don't really see any other viable replacements.

Here is an easy way to add pictures. Find a picture you like, right click it, press view picture, then wait until you're at the page where it's only the picture and nothing else. Then, copy the url at the top. Then, where you want the picture, press add picture on the tools of the forum, and put in the url of the picture. The picture should then come up in the post. Good luck!

Regarding your Tyranitar, if you using it for phazing, then I suggest using Parashuffler Dragonite. Not only does if perform the same role as Tyranitar as a Dragon Tail phazer and have excellent synergy with Rotom, but it also can act as your special wall to counter Psychic types.

If you are looking for an offensive dark type, I suggest Hydreigon. Although it doesn't receive Calm Mind, it can fill the role of both a counter to psychics and a replacement for Latios, freeing up a team slot for a fighting type.

If you take neither of my suggestions, the most important thing to change is to put spikes on ferrothorn. Why have two Stealth Rocker's?

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)