SM OU rate it anyone ...

I'm new to Pokémon Showdown and with the help of a few guides and having similar aspects to the sample team i was able to create this team

Celesteela @ Leftovers
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 HP / 4 Atk / 252 Def
Relaxed Nature
- Heavy Slam
- Flamethrower
- Leech Seed
- Protect

my celesteela is a bulky stall mon who is meant to set up leech seed and if it gets trapped by whirlpool mean look etc it can dish out damage itself with heavy slam and leech seed + leftovers + protect is meant to give it the ability to stay out on the field for a long time and beast boost because well its an ultra beast and 252hp 252def and 4atk to keep it out on the field.

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 248 HP / 252 Atk / 8 SpD
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

tapu bulu is a bulky physical sweeper with the ability to take hits then hit back like a freight train and with the help of the discord server they helped me to pick a move in that move slot so we pick superpower and stone edge its ev's 248hp 252atk and 8spD because it needs to tank hits to deal damage due to its sub par speed i know it gets countered by poison moves so mega beedrill is a hard counter but due to celesteela's immunity to poision

Kartana @ Choice Scarf
Ability: Beast Boost
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpD / 252 Spe
Jolly Nature
- X-Scissor
- Leaf Blade
- Sacred Sword
- Defog

kartana is meant to be a pokemon that can dish out a lot of damage and outspeed speedy mons such as scarfed landorus T ash greninja and tapu koko and easily one of the most dangerous mons being mega lopunny defog is to remove hazards and screens and if i use defog i can just switch out to probably pex then tank a hit before switching back to dish out alot of damage at a time

Toxapex @ Black Sludge
Ability: Merciless
EVs: 252 HP / 252 Def / 4 SpD
Bold Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Toxic Spikes
- Baneful Bunker
- Haze
- Scald

pex is meant the way they normally are ran e.g haze to remove stat boosting toxic spikes so i do not have to
switch into use toxic,baneful bunker as a better protect that poisons so if i come up against a physical attacker i can poison them and scald for damage it might have a sub par spA but it doesnt get seismic toss and the possible burn chance makes it a better option then surf

Garchomp @ Rockium Z
Ability: Sand Veil
EVs: 252 Atk / 4 SpA / 252 Spe
Naive Nature
- Stone Edge
- Swords Dance
- Dragon Rage
- Earthquake

garchomp is the pokemon i made a mistake with it is not meant to have dragon rage it is meant to have dragon claw instead because it can do good damage also mega chomp really sucks due to its lower speed but now i realised i am going to change dragon rage to stealth rocks because you kind of need them on a team in 2019 garchomp has earthquake because it is probably the best ground move in the game

Alakazam-Mega @ Alakazite
Ability: Magic Guard
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SpA / 252 Spe
Modest Nature
IVs: 0 Atk
- Psychic
- Shadow Ball
- Recover
- Tri Attack

alakzam is my mega due to its speed stat and its really high special attack with recover it it gets to low hp it can recover hp tri attack is to do good damage to anything except steel types and rock types but it gets countered by dark typed mega beedrill and any mon with u turn alakazam also gets countered by ghosts such as gengar or other alakzam running shadow ball

i know my team gets bodied by mixed attackers with fire moves due to celesteela tapu bulu and kartana having weaknesses to fire and alakazam gets destroyed by physicak attackers aswell

https://pokepast.es/596ccf49e1832fc6

Last edited by a moderator:
replace stone edge on chomp for stealth rock,and use dragonium z and put outrage instead of dragon rage (40 hp is very low).put smart strike instead of x scizzor on kartana and replace defog for knock off.also put recove instead of baneful bunker,and focus blast instead of tri attack

Alternatively, replace Dragon Rage with Stealth Rock and keep Stone Edge, because Ground/Rock is much better coverage than Ground/Dragon.

Also, since you don't have any other hazard removal, Defog is fine on Scarf Kart.

Also also, make Pex sp def, since it needs it to be a better answer to stuff like Ash Greninja and Volcarona.

TPP

is a Tournament Directoris a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Past SPL Championis a Past WCoP Champion
Head TD
Welcome to Smogon! I'm locking your RMT for the time being as the forum rules require that you provide at least 3 lines of descriptions for each Pokemon to explain their roles. Please read the rules carefully and take a look at Team Showcase to see the level of detail we require. PM me with updated descriptions and I'll be happy to unlock this. If you need help with the explanations, you can use the smogon dex for help.

Edit: Unlocked!

Last edited:
Alternatively, replace Dragon Rage with Stealth Rock and keep Stone Edge, because Ground/Rock is much better coverage than Ground/Dragon.

Also, since you don't have any other hazard removal, Defog is fine on Scarf Kart.

Also also, make Pex sp def, since it needs it to be a better answer to stuff like Ash Greninja and Volcarona.
Alternately, use an EV spread on Cele of 248/32/232 Sassy
Pex runs physdef generally anyways, and this is smogon's set for Cele.

DYA

not a weeb
is a Community Contributor
Give Tapu Bulu some Speed EVs so it can outspeed some things like TTar, Crawdaunt and some Heatrans

Tapu Bulu @ Choice Band
Ability: Grassy Surge
EVs: 84 HP / 248 Atk / 176 Spe
Adamant Nature
- Wood Hammer
- Horn Leech
- Superpower
- Stone Edge

Here is the EV spread

dragon rage was an accident

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)