Tournament RarelyUsed Ladder Tournament - Cycle 3

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
CYCLE 3
unknown.png

(thanks to Fusion Flare for the art!)

Welcome to Cycle 3 of RarelyUsed's Ladder Tournament. This is the third of 4 opportunities to qualify for the RULT playoffs, a 16-player Bo3 SS RU tournament.
This tournament does not count for points in the RU Tournament Circuit, but the winner will be awarded a custom role in the RU Discord or a similar prize [tbd].

Please make sure to read the rules of the tournament carefully. If your sign-up post does not follow the rules explained below, it will be ignored.
This Cycle will run for 7 days and will end Monday, August 24th at 8:00 PM EDT (GMT-4).

Here are the specifics:
1. The host of this tournament is Expulso. We will be using the regular Pokemon Showdown SS RU ladder for this tournament.

2. The qualification period for the RULT will run for a total of 4 cycles with roughly 7 days per cycle. The start times of each cycle will be staggered so it is fair for all timezones. After each 7 day cycle, the top 4 accounts that appear on the leaderboard (using ELO*) at the end of the cycle will qualify for the playoffs of the RULT (as long as they follow the sign-up criteria explained in #3).
- Once you qualify, you will be ignored when determining the winner of future cycles.
- *GXE will be used to tiebreak between players with the same ELO

3. In order to sign-up for Cycle 3 of the RULT, FOLLOW THE SIGN-UP FORMAT BELOW AND REGISTER YOUR FRESHLY MADE ALT ON POKEMON SHOWDOWN:

[RULT3ro] NameHere
- "NameHere" = your forum name (or an alternate name)
You are only allowed one alt per cycle, which must follow this format.

Unlike in the first cycle, one rule has been changed: you can use a nickname that does not need to be related to your smogon name.
However, you must still post before laddering with it.

Here's an example sign-up post for you all to follow:

Forum name: Expulso
Cycle 3 Alt: RULT3ro Expulso
Did I make this post before laddering with the account?: Yes
- YOU MUST SIGN UP IN THIS THREAD WITH YOUR FRESHLY MADE ALT BEFORE STARTING BATTLES WITH IT.
- You will not be allowed to edit this alt after you include it in your initial sign-up for any given cycle
this means that if I make the account "RULT3ro Expulso" and then start off 0-6 (or something similarly bad) on the ladder, I CANNOT EDIT my original post to register the account "RULT3ro IHateGoodra" and use that instead.
- once you make a post here, the username you provide is your account for the whole cycle.
- Immediately after posting in this thread, go to Pokemon Showdown and register that account.

4. Once you make the top 4 at the end of a cycle and qualify, you have qualified for playoffs.
If you ladder in another cycle after qualifying, that result will not be considered for your placement. (in other words, we will ignore you)

A quick breakdown of how playoffs will work:
- The first place finishers from each cycle will occupy slots 1-4.
- The second place finishers from each cycle will occupy seeds 5-8.
- The third place finishers from each cycle will occupy seeds 9-12.
- The fourth place finishers from each cycle will occupy seeds 13-16.

- Where you rank within the group of people with the same finish as you will be determined by your ELO.
For example, if the winners of the next 3 weeks are CharizardLover (1710), Kirby (1684), and BigExplosion (1682): CharizardLover will be the #1 overall seed, Mac3 (1701) will be the #2 overall seed, Kirby will be the #3 overall seed, and BigExplosion will be the #4 overall seed.
(i hope y'all enjoyed these made-up usernames)

5. Given that this is a ladder tournament, many of you are likely thinking there are ways people can cheat the system. Any person found cheating will be subject to strict punishments.

"Cheating" includes but is not limited to:
- Forfeiting games to a friend to boost their ELO (or having them do it for you)
- Making multiple accounts to play against yourself on ladder and boost your rating
These rules will be carefully monitored, and anyone violating them will be subject to strict punishments.

Good luck to everyone! Please make sure to read the rules of the tournament carefully. If your sign-up post does not follow the rules explained above, it will be ignored. This Cycle will run for 7 days, beginning at the time this thread was posted. It will end on Monday, August 24th at 8:00 PM EDT (GMT-4).

Forum name: MegaVictini04
Cycle 3 Alt: RULT3ro Tini

lol i didnt realize cycle 2 was nearly done before signing up, im a clown

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Forum name: HailFall
Cycle 3 Alt: RULT3ro Hail

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)