Tournament RarelyUsed Ladder Tournament - Cycle 1

Forum name: OTG Pesky
Cycle 1 Alt: RULT1qm Pesky
Does my alt for Cycle 1 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes

Forum name: The Tacoman
Cycle 1 Alt: RULT1qm tako
Does my alt for Cycle 1 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes

lighthouses

Inordinary
is a Tiering Contributor
Cycle 1 Alt: RULT1qm iog
Does my alt for Cycle 1 contain my forum name or a very similar variation/abbreviation of it as required by the rules?: yes.

Forum name: Nakazel
Cycle 1 Alt: RULT1qm Nakazel

Forum name: Lil Infant Tylenol
Cycle 1 Alt: RULT1qm LIT

HailFall

my cancer is sun and my leo is moon
Forum name: HailFall
Cycle 1 Alt: RULT1qm Hail

Forum name: Trade
Cycle 1 Alt: RULT1qm Trade

Expulso

Morse code, if I'm talking I'm clicking
is a Forum Moderatoris a Community Contributoris a Contributor to Smogonis a Social Media Contributor Alumnus
RULT Cycle 1 has concluded.
Congratulations to the following users for qualifying for playoffs:
1) Mac3 - 1701 ELO
(84.4% GXE)
2) Bebo - 1688 ELO (85.6% GXE)
3) Pepeduce - 1676 ELO (85.6% GXE)
4) zugubu royale - 1665 ELO (83.6% GXE)

taken at 2:00:39 PM
Screen Shot 2020-08-10 at 2.00.54 PM.png

A quick breakdown of how playoffs will work:
- The first place finishers from each cycle will occupy slots 1-4.
- The second place finishers from each cycle will occupy seeds 5-8.
- The third place finishers from each cycle will occupy seeds 9-12.
- The fourth place finishers from each cycle will occupy seeds 13-16.

- Where you rank within the group of people with the same finish as you will be determined by your ELO.
For example, if the winners of the next 3 weeks are CharizardLover (1710), Kirby (1684), and BigExplosion (1682): CharizardLover will be the #1 overall seed, Mac3 (1701) will be the #2 overall seed, Kirby will be the #3 overall seed, and BigExplosion will be the #4 overall seed.​
(i hope yall enjoyed these made-up usernames)

- People who qualified for playoffs can ladder again (though I advise you not to, seeding will not make that big of a difference and it will take a lot of time). If they get a higher placement (or higher ELO at the same placement), I will count that as their placement instead of the original placement they received. I will then bump up all people who finished below them to reflect this.
For example, if Pepeduce ladders next cycle and gets the #1 placement in that cycle, I will count his #1 placement that cycle instead of his #3 placement this cycle. That will bump zugubu royale up to 3rd and LegendarySerperior up to 4th.
However, I want to remind participants that seeding will likely not matter that much -- once you've qualified, give yourself some rest until the playoffs. You earned it :toast:

EDIT: I have decided that once you qualify for playoffs, that result is final, and you will be skipped over if you ladder in future cycles. You cannot improve your score once you qualify.

Cycle 2 will begin in about 3 hours, at 5:00 PM GMT-4 today.

Last edited:

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 1)