Tournament Rands Slam III - Playoffs (Won by Michielleus!)

Status
Not open for further replies.

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Random Battle Lead
Our Top 8 have been determined! Guys, gals, and NB pals, it's time for the...

Quarterfinals
trainer cards by the wonderful and talented Clementine!

MichaelderBeste2.png
VS.png
LadyWriter.png

MichaelderBeste2 vs Lady Writer
Gameboy Classic, Gen 8, Gen 9, Gen 9 Doubles, Multi Factory

MrSoup.png
VS.png
Michielleus.png

MrSoup vs Michielleus
Gameboy Classic, DS Classic, Gen 7, Gen 9 Doubles, Multi Factory

Amaranth.png
VS.png
livid washed.png

Amaranth vs livid washed
DS Classic, Gen 7, Gen 8, Gen 9, Gen 9 Doubles

snorlax142857.png
VS.png
Sylveon used calm mind.png

snorlax142857 vs Sylveon used calm mind
Gen 8, Gen 9, Gen 9 Doubles, Multi Factory, Multi Hackmons

THE DEADLINE FOR QUARTERFINALS IS SUNDAY DECEMBER 3RD AT 11:59PM GMT-5. GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!

Last edited:
MichaelderBeste2 vs Lady Writer - Lady Writer defeated the reigning champion, but Michael is Michael.

MrSoup vs Michielleus - I would expect Michielleus to have the upper hand in new gens and MrSoup in old gens. There's more new gens though. Also, Michielleus is a literal World Champion of Randbats.

Amaranth vs livid washed - livid may be the most underrated player here. Known for gens 1 and 2, he also excels in all other rands formats, and is also a World Champion (an Australian living in Australia, obviously he represents Benelux). Amaranth is a good player, but is the clear underdog here despite high seed advantage.

snorlax142857 vs Sylveon used calm mind - snorlax is a terrific all rounder, but Sylveon has a way of winning regardless of their opponent. Could go either way, bolding snorlax because it's the cuter mon.

Tarrembeau

le moi est incommunicable
is a Community Contributor
MichaelderBeste2 vs Lady Writer - still rooting for michael to win it all; overall, i think he has a clear upper hand in classic, dubs and multi factory open, whether it's bf or BSSF. Gen9 and Gen8, idk, I'm not sure either player has an edge over the other, both have shown in the past their great understanding of these gens in singles. Will be interesting to watch for sure!

MrSoup vs Michielleus - Now this one is fun, a lot of old gens here which should mostly favor MrSoup as they'll have access to the fearsome gen2 pick. Gen7 and DS classic should be fairly equal, and I really don't know what to think of dubs here as I've never watched any of them actually playing it. I'll just bold my old team mate i think, safe move am i right, + he played bf in RBTT + he's world champion.

Amaranth vs livid washed - Two players famous for the old gens stuff not playing old gens. You can feel the strategy behind the picks! livid dodging gen8 is over though and Ama might be more confident in dubs here as well. I'm a bit surprised to see factory not making the cut as I would expect Amaranth to have a clear edge there. Livid recently did wonders on the gen9 ladder, but the format isn't that difficult to pick if you're familiar with rands overall. I'll still bold Amaranth because I feel like the formats slightly favor them, but it's closer to a 50-50 than anything else really.

snorlax142857 vs Sylveon used calm mind - Hackmons is back and it's in quarterfinals my friends! Another very close match up, with pretty much no old gens except if someone wants to be spicy in the factory formats. I think Sylv has a tiny tiny edge there and in the gen8/9 formats, but snorlax can and will pilot a better match up to the win without any problem; dubs, however, is more likely to be their field. Too bad it's a trash tier format!

Winter is coming and we have reached top 8 in rands playoffs!

(1) MichaelderBeste2 vs (9) Lady Writer: Michael and LW are no strangers to each other since they played in the semis of the gen 6 open last year and they reached finals together with team Latias in rbtt. Gen 8 and 9 should be fairly balanced, doubles should have a clear favorite in Michael, who is also a little bit more accustomed than LW in Factory. Another advantage I give to Michael is that he can pick first and avoid the gen 1 torture.
Prediction: 3-1 Michael

(5) MrSoup vs (20) Michielleus: No gen 9? No gen 8? I am pretty surprised, not going to lie. I will go with Soup in the usual gen 2 game and Michielleus in doubles. The rest can go both ways but I see Michi dutch being slightly better, especially in Factory and Gen 7.
Prediction: 3-2 Michielleus

(6) Amaranth vs (19) livid washed: I'll be honest and say I have ZERO clue about the final scores for the last two matchups. Starting from this one, the big surprise is that none of them chose a format from the GBA open. I think this might come back to bite Amaranth more than Livid, because they could have picked gen 3 to start and get an advantage (Livid can play everything but Ama is better in gen 3 imo). For the other formats...Livid might be a tad better in gen 9 and Amaranth in gen 8, while I expect close games in gen 7, doubles and ds. I am going with Livid in 5, but I would be disappointed if this is not an extremely close series. Or maybe now that Livid is back in Australia his skill and luck have turned upside down as well, who knows!
Prediction: Livid 3-2

(2) snorlax142857 vs (10) Sylveon used calm mind: Yet another series that can easily go both ways. Snorlax could have maybe picked gen 1 to face Sylveon but since we all know how broken that gen is, and since Snorlax is way more used than Sylv to Hackmons, his picks are reasonable on paper. This doesn't mean Sylv can't win there or in doubles, but it's going to be a tad harder than what Snorlax has to do in order to beat Sylveon in gen 8 and gen 9 (while I tend to favor Sylveon in Factory). I predict another 3-2, this time for the higher seed.
Prediction:
Prediction: 3-2 Snorlax

(I didn't delete my draft for once, let's go!)

MichaelderBeste2 vs Lady Writer - this will be a close series, going with lw
MrSoup vs Michielleus - another really close one, im bolding higher seed
Amaranth vs livid washed -this will be a close series, going with lw
snorlax142857 vs Sylveon used calm mind - another really close one, im bolding higher seed

sharpclaw

is a Top Artistis a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a member of the Battle Simulator Staffis a Dedicated Tournament Host
Random Battle Lead
And just like that, we're onto the...
Semifinals
trainer cards by the wonderful and talented Clementine!

LadyWriter.png
VS.png
Michielleus.png

Lady Writer vs Michielleus
Gameboy Classic, Gen 8, Gen 9, Gen 9 Doubles, Multi Factory

Sylveon used calm mind.png
VS.png
livid washed.png

Sylveon used calm mind vs livid washed
Gameboy Classic, Gen 7, Gen 8, Gen 9, Multi Factory
THE DEADLINE FOR SEMIFINALS IS SUNDAY DECEMBER 10HT AT 11:59PM GMT-5. GOOD LUCK & HAVE FUN!

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)