Tournament Random Battles Team Tournament VI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wigglytuff

mad @ redacted in redacted
is a Tiering Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
I have no stake in Stable vs Papiloco other than an academic interest in tournament policy.

However, this line in the admin decisions thread seems incorrect to me:
As game 3 had already begun when administrative action was taken, and STABLE's ban is unrelated to RBTT activity specifically, the results of this series will stand.
A ban (tournament or forum) is an immediate disqualification from all tournaments you're participating in. That STABLE was not disqualified from RBTT6 the moment the forum ban went into effect is due to technology, not policy. In other words, the relevant factor is not whether Game 3 had begun, the relevant factor is if Game 3 had finished before the ban was implemented on Smogon. For precedent, Luigi banned juan123juan in g3 of juan123juan vs Sayuze in the 2019 OU Fall Seasonal Round 14.

From memory alone, I think there was a gap between the ban and STABLE winning, but that is the key factor for whether this series should stand or not, rather than when the G3 began.

A Cake Wearing A Hat

moist and crusty
is a Community Leaderis a Community Contributoris a Top Contributoris a Smogon Media Contributoris a Dedicated Tournament Hostis a Battle Simulator Moderatoris a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnus
Random Battle Lead
cohosted by A Cake Wearing A Hat and sharpclaw

logo by Clementine

Welcome to Week of Random Battles Team Tour VI, where 820 teams will compete for the title of RBTT Champion as well as a custom avatar another prize TBD, because RBTT VI is now officially the largest tournament to ever take place on the Pokémon Showdown! subforum, and every team was granted avatars!

Tournament Rules
  • The tournament will consist of 8 teams battling it out in a round-robin format over 7 weeks; after that, the 4 best teams overall will move onto playoffs.
  • Each series will be played as best-of-3.
  • Matches are to be played on Pokémon Showdown. Please do not play on smogtours.
  • Do not make baseless activity posts. After good-faith efforts to contact your opponent, report missed times & scheduling issues only.
  • Replays of the matches must be posted to verify a win; if replays are not posted, the match doesn't count.
General Tournament Rules
  • Scheduling: Players should contact their opponents on their Smogon profiles as soon as possible. It is strongly advised to schedule publicly, on Smogon, so hosts can review in the case of possible activity calls. If a player cannot reach their opponent, they should inform their managers quickly, so necessary substitutions can be made. If players have not made visible contact, managers and hosts may make substitutions.
  • Timer Clause and Disconnections: The timer is not required to be on during games; however, if the timer is on and a player runs out of time, their opponent wins the game via timeout. If a player disconnects and thus times out, this also counts as a loss for the player who disconnected.
  • Do not ghost. As of recent tournaments-forum rules, this also includes calcing for teammates that are playing, so please do not delegate doing calcs to your teammates when you play.
    What constitutes ghosting in a Random Battles game can be a particularly fine line. Before speaking in chat, always ask yourself: “Would my comment reveal information that hasn’t already been explicitly revealed in this battle?” Examples of ghosting include suggesting that an unexpectedly fast Pokemon must be holding a Choice Scarf, that a disguised Zoroark’s level proves it’s a Zoroark, etc.
RBTT VI Tournament Standings Spreadsheet

Week 4

Team Koraidon (3) vs. Team Palkia (8)
Gen 9 Random Battle: Xeizar vs Separation
Gen 8 Random Battle: R1C3M4N vs BoRida
Gen 7 Random Battle: London13 vs Trefleuh
Gen 6 Random Battle: Rage.Spam.Quit. vs RSB
Gen 4 Random Battle: Celever vs Xceloh
Gen 3 Random Battle: Clementine vs Amaranth
Gen 1 Random Battle: Luchik vs tylerfitz8
Gen 9 Hackmons Cup: Altthiel vs Zephyr Dragon Lord
Gen 8 Battle Factory: velvet vs jonfilch
Gen 8 BSS Factory: Potatochan vs papiloco
Gen 8 Random Doubles Battle: queso vs Chris32156
Gen 7 Bring 12 Pick 6 Random Battle: Casual dot exe vs soTsoT

Team Zarude (4) vs. Team Hoopa (4)
Gen 9 Random Battle: Hayburner vs shiloh
Gen 8 Random Battle: Alpha Rabbit vs Zap
Gen 7 Random Battle: Betathunder vs bobomania
Gen 6 Random Battle: Micaiah vs Tomahawk
Gen 4 Random Battle: SMB vs TheFranklin
Gen 3 Random Battle: freezai vs Chains of Markov
Gen 1 Random Battle: Mikon vs YBW
Gen 9 Hackmons Cup: MultiAmmiratore vs Shadows4
Gen 8 Battle Factory: Wigglytuff vs temp
Gen 8 BSS Factory: Sylveon used calm mind vs Emboar02
Gen 8 Random Doubles Battle: teresbahji vs odr
Gen 7 Bring 12 Pick 6: LoSconosciuto vs Forsh

Team Latias (5) vs. Team Yveltal (7)
Gen 9 Random Battle: JJ09LIE vs pokeblade101
Gen 8 Random Battle: Aquaa vs Glop
Gen 7 Random Battle: Lalaya vs Wubben
Gen 6 Random Battle: Lady Writer vs Buhrito
Gen 4 Random Battle: Trade vs Dj Breloominati♬
Gen 3 Random Battle: Ereshkigal vs xGang
Gen 1 Random Battle: Leru vs nicomirra123
Gen 9 Hackmons Cup: sunsets vs platinumCheesecake
Gen 8 Battle Factory: Sylvi vs kythr
Gen 8 BSS Factory: Dragonillis vs luisin
Gen 8 Random Doubles Battle: Eeveon7 vs Memoric
Gen 7 Pick-Your-Team: MichaelderBeste2 vs LordST

Team Mewtwo (4) vs. Team Chien-Pao (4)
Gen 9 Random Battle: Michielleus vs Piyush25
Gen 8 Random Battle: peap vs Fant'sy Beast
Gen 7 Random Battle: ajhockeystar vs ninjadog
Gen 6 Random Battle: Petros vs Yes or no my dude
Gen 4 Random Battle: PrinceOfAllTacos vs Jytcampbell
Gen 3 Random Battle: HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs trace
Gen 1 Random Battle: Rage vs Panty&Stockings
Gen 9 Hackmons Cup: Fragments vs Nudepantsman
Gen 8 Battle Factory: Regnite vs crying
Gen 8 BSS Factory: Fogbound Lake vs DEG
Gen 8 Random Doubles Battle: snorlax142857 vs frostyicelad
Gen 7 Bring 12 Pick 6: Thiago Nunes vs GaryAjax

The deadline for all games is Sunday, February 12th at 11:59 PM GMT -5. Good luck, and have fun!

Last edited:
PREDICTIONS:
Team Zarude (1) vs. Team Hoopa (11)
If I could describe shiloh in one word, that word would be BEAST MODE. Never one to shy away from a fight, they win even when the odds are low.
Have you ever seen a rabbit get zapped by lightning? It's surprisingly peaceful. Nonetheless, the rabbit does not come out on top.
bobobobobobobobobobobobo
C'mon. If you saw two people playing pokémon and one of them was named Tomahawk you would definitely bet on the one named Tomahawk.
They call him THE Franklin for a reason.... because he brings THE heat, THE skill, and THE power. It gets no better than this ladies and gentlemen (theydies and gentlethem)
Through the blaring heat and the freezaing cold, these Chains are UNBREAKABLE
YBW? More like You Boutta Win.
Shadows only wins when he gets lucky. Luckily for his competitor, HC is a notoriously luck-free format.
temp? More like inf, because his battle factory skills are INFINITE
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. Lvl 1 0 HP / 0 Def Sylveon in Sun: 21901-25767 (182508.3 - 214725%) -- guaranteed OHKO
odr? More like www. With 3 sets and 3 wins, there is no stopping this FORCE OF NATURE
From the gen 7 open to the gen 7 mystery box, FORSH drops his enemies to the FLOORsh

ZAAAAAAAAA
HOOP HOOP

Tarrembeau

le moi est incommunicable
is a Community Contributor
Team Zarude (6) vs. Team Hoopa (6)
Gen 9 Random Battle: Hayburner vs shiloh - shiloh has been one of the most convincing newcomers to RBTT so far - eventhough it's a bit of a stretch to say newcomer and shiloh in the same sentence. Hayburner making their debut on a main format after play monorands w1, i feel like it's going to be a tight match
Gen 8 Random Battle: Alpha Rabbit vs Zap - another great match up right out of the gate, arabbit really did well last wcor, although Zap is a solid contender. In doubt, I'll stick to bolding my old team mate.
Gen 7 Random Battle: Betathunder vs bobomania - This is a tough one and it's never a pleasure to bold against a friend that isn't in team Zarude, but I really like the way beta plays gen7
Gen 6 Random Battle: Micaiah vs Tomahawk - Lady Writer put to an end Micaiah's excellent debut to rbtt and maybe Tomahawk will axe them down further. Anyone who played Fire emblem also know Micaiah can't survive a round of combat against a Tomahawk user.
Gen 4 Random Battle: SMB vs TheFranklin - another of the hypest match ups, could go either way
Gen 3 Random Battle: freezai vs Chains of Markov - gen3 is a very high standard pool, and I feel like freezai broad touring experience may come in handy
Gen 1 Random Battle: Mikon vs YBW - two great gen1 battlers, could go either way
Gen 9 Hackmons Cup: MultiAmmiratore vs Shadows4 - I have been full of praise for Chiori so far and I see no reason to stop
Gen 8 Battle Factory: Wigglytuff vs temp - come on, it doesn't even have moonblast
Gen 8 BSS Factory: Sylveon used calm mind vs Emboar02 - On the basis of Sylv randomly challenging me to BSSF and beating me down
Gen 8 Random Doubles Battle: teresbahji vs odr - Now that's the doubles match between two non-dubs mains I didn't know one day I'd crave to see. odr has been doing excellently to say the least, but teres is forever lucky
Gen 7 Bring 12 Pick 6: LoSconosciuto vs Forsh - ok. One does not defeat LoSconosciuto. But one does not defeat Forsh either so what am I supposed to do lol

Team Latias (5) vs. Team Yveltal (7)
Gen 9 Random Battle: JJ09LIE vs pokeblade101 - blade is mr. gen9 these days, but jj is clearly that kind of opponent that can get in, get out, and have a W to bring back to the team
Gen 8 Random Battle: Aquaa vs Glop - finally slotting Aqua in gen8, that was so much needed. Full form Aqua is one of the hardest player to beat in the format and I have no reason to think they're not back now
Gen 7 Random Battle: Lalaya vs Wubben - Wubb Wubb
Gen 6 Random Battle: Lady Writer vs Buhrito - 4-0?
Gen 4 Random Battle: Trade vs Dj Breloominati♬ - Trade has been more solid from what I've seen so far (and don't hurt me but i haven't been watching everything :c )
Gen 3 Random Battle: Ereshkigal vs xGang - Eresh is on absolute fire this season while xGang has been making few mistakes here and there
Gen 1 Random Battle: Leru vs nicomirra123 - I'll go with the player that (I think?) doesn't despise the format
Gen 9 Hackmons Cup: sunsets vs platinumCheesecake - platty has been busy crafting Broken Cup but he ain't broken if you see what i mean! too bad you cant' field both sunsets and Aqua in gen8
Gen 8 Battle Factory: Sylvi vs kythr - kythr is great at it
Gen 8 BSS Factory: Dragonillis vs luisin - now that zio is gone, luisin is supposed to be the new BSSF goat, does that mean Drago will slay them?
Gen 8 Random Doubles Battle: Eeveon7 vs Memoric - Memoric has been having a lopsided early season but still came out positive, that's telling
Gen 7 Pick-Your-Team: MichaelderBeste2 vs LordST - a battle of the greats in a format that let skill speaks a lot, can't wait

Team Mewtwo (7) vs. Team Chien-Pao (5)
Gen 9 Random Battle: Michielleus vs Piyush25 - Michi is just great, what else should I add. Though Piyush is great too, so, skymin energy!
Gen 8 Random Battle: peap vs Fant'sy Beast - peap tragically let win go out of his grasp after misclicking then being bamboozled by Borida, but don't let that sad event blurry your memory: peap is a top player
Gen 7 Random Battle: ajhockeystar vs Ninja - two cool dudes playing a cool format, can probably go either way
Gen 6 Random Battle: Petros vs Yes or no my dude - If Petros comes into the series with a cool head and good energy, he should have an edge
Gen 4 Random Battle: PrinceOfAllTacos vs Jytcampbell - I'm sorry poat I swear i do that on purpose ;-; (jokes aside, jyt is a really convincing player)
Gen 3 Random Battle: HeadsILoseTailsYouWin vs trace - Anna is either out of form or out of luck, while trace is soaring this season, maybe not as high as Eresh, but still
Gen 1 Random Battle: Rage vs Panty&Stockings - Two players with a rather unfortunate start in the season, I'll bold against P&S this time maybe it will bring them better rng!
Gen 9 Hackmons Cup: Fragments vs Nudepantsman - two players who know how to do it, maybe a tiny bit of a slight edge for Frags
Gen 8 Battle Factory: Regnite vs crying - I'll be crying if I miss this match
Gen 8 BSS Factory: Fogbound Lake vs DEG - Fogbound Lake making their debut in RBTT, should be interesting to watch!
Gen 8 Random Doubles Battle: snorlax142857 vs frostyicelad - frosty is really not to be underestimated, despite their tendency to not be playing at all in RBTT. Snorlax however seems to have been shaking their curse away, so should be another great dubs series to watch
Gen 7 Bring 12 Pick 6: Thiago Nunes vs GaryAjax - Thiago is a very solid player, while Gary seems to be struggling a little bit in this early season

PREDICTIONS:
Team Zarude (1) vs. Team Hoopa (11)
If I could describe shiloh in one word, that word would be BEAST MODE. Never one to shy away from a fight, they win even when the odds are low.
Have you ever seen a rabbit get zapped by lightning? It's surprisingly peaceful. Nonetheless, the rabbit does not come out on top.
bobobobobobobobobobobobo
C'mon. If you saw two people playing pokémon and one of them was named Tomahawk you would definitely bet on the one named Tomahawk.
They call him THE Franklin for a reason.... because he brings THE heat, THE skill, and THE power. It gets no better than this ladies and gentlemen (theydies and gentlethem)
Through the blaring heat and the freezaing cold, these Chains are UNBREAKABLE
YBW? More like You Boutta Win.
Shadows only wins when he gets lucky. Luckily for his competitor, HC is a notoriously luck-free format.
temp? More like inf, because his battle factory skills are INFINITE
252+ Atk Choice Band Reckless Emboar Flare Blitz vs. Lvl 1 0 HP / 0 Def Sylveon in Sun: 21901-25767 (182508.3 - 214725%) -- guaranteed OHKO
odr? More like www. With 3 sets and 3 wins, there is no stopping this FORCE OF NATURE
From the gen 7 open to the gen 7 mystery box, FORSH drops his enemies to the FLOORsh

ZAAAAAAAAA
HOOP HOOP
Unknown 2.jpeg

Status
Not open for further replies.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)