Rampardos Help

I don't really like Rampardos... but I'm asking this for my cousin... ^.^;

He wants a Choice Scarf/Choice Band Rampardos that works well as a lead. Should it be adamant or jolly and what moves does it need to have (your opinion of its best moveset)... he needs to know since he needs to breed on the TMs and Egg moves. Thanks a bunch! (And he wants one with Zen Headbutt and/or Head Smash because he likes the animation...)

I checked some of the other threads, but there was so much variety. o_O;

EDIT: And this is the one he has right now:
Rampardos @ Focus Sash
252 attack/252 speed/4hp
-head smash
-earthquake
-rock polish
-zen headbutt

I will suggest it just for the sake of bringing it up again...

Rampardos@Choice Skarf
Nature: Speed+ SD- (alternately SA+ SD-)
EVs: 252 SA, 252 Speed 6 Atk
- Stone Edge/Rock Slide
- Earthquake
- Blizzard
- Thunder

Total Novelty, but since your PA runs High anyway even without any kind of boost to it whatsoever... SA Maxed you can KO Salamence with Blizzard and Gyarados with Thunder(I think) amung other things you might not be able to KO otherwise, with intimidate dropping your Attack. Can catch many opponents offguard and give you an early advantage.

I personally like this for a lead

Rampardos @ Focus Sash
52HP/252Atk/204Spd
Rock Polish
Endeavor
Zen Headbutt
Crunch

ZH and Crunch for type coverage, no STAB since you really can't afford to miss.

Choice Scarf also works with the above EVs. Choice Band works with Jolly, and 48/252/208 instead of the above EVs, to outspeed Bulky Gyarados by 1 point. Obviously, you'd need a different moveset for those ones.

That set needs Stone Edge and Earthquake

Rampardos @Focus Sash
Trait: Mold Breaker
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spd
~Rock Polish
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Crunch / Zen Headbutt

Wow those are really great but he likes LocoUsers! But is there any way for it to be adamant? Or is all that speed needed?

And are there any Choice Scarf uses out there?

Head Smash is not the best idea. 50% recoil without Rock Head on something like Blissey / Cresselia is going to kill him, so stick with Stone Edge

Head Smash is not the best idea. 50% recoil without Rock Head on something like Blissey / Cresselia is going to kill him, so stick with Stone Edge
In that case, again, why use him over Rhyperior, who trades a bit of speed and attack for STAB Earthquake and Megahorn, plus excellent defenses?

I like the plain and simple CS set:

Jolly @Choice Scarf
4 HP/252 Attack/252 Speed
-Earthquake
-Zen Headbutt
-Pursuit
-Stone Edge

Ties with Infernape in speed (at least mine does).

The best Rampy set would be THIS!

Rampardos @Leftovers
Adamant: 252Atk, 252 Spd, 6 HP
Stone Edge
Earthquake
Rock Polish
Crunch

First use RP to increase your speed to obscene levels. Then attack with the moves. Stone edge for juicy STAB, EQ for Raikou and Metagross. Crunch for Claydol,etc. Thanks to Mold Breaker, Shedinja will be scared of Rampy!

Without Focus Sash Rampardos dies to anything while using Rock Polish, so technically your set is not the best

Shedinja would get killed by that Rampardos even if it didn't have Mold Breaker. Stone Edge and Crunch both kill it.

That set needs Stone Edge and Earthquake

Rampardos @Focus Sash
Nature: Jolly
EVs: 52 HP / 252 Atk / 204 Spd
~Rock Polish
~Stone Edge
~Earthquake
~Crunch / Zen Headbutt
He wants to use this one. But do the EVs have to be perfect because its ingame and he doesn't have perfect 31 IVs?

@Choice Band
Jolly
252 Atk/252 Speed/6 Hp
Head Smash
Pursuit
Earthquake
Brick Break/Focus Punch/Zen Headbutt

In a sandstorm, or with a screen, this thing can take a hit or two, Head smash is fucking deadly to anything but 4x resists, and everything else hits hard regardless. Bit like marowak really.

McGrrr

Facetious
is a Contributor Alumnus
There is no reason why Rampardos can't run two rock attacks - for different circumstances.

Adamant @focus sash
Stone edge/rock slide
Earthquake
Rock polish
Head smash

Stone edge/rock slide is your main attack, but head smash is your swan song; for when you are about to die (consider it a pseudo-explosion, though admittedly much weaker). Head smash can kill something in a pinch too, if it is expecting to survive stone edge/rock slide. I believe it to be better than any other filler since mold breaker lets earthquake hit Bronzong and friends anyway. As for EVs, max attack with enough for at least 202 speed and dump the remainder into HP.

Jolly @choice scarf
Stone edge/rock slide
Earthquake
Head smash
Pursuit

The same reasoning as before applies here for running two rock attacks, though you are locked into one or the other. Jolly nature is preferable with a choice scarf, and I recommend at least 223 speed to beat jolly Garchomp. 234 will outrun +speed Gengar and 244 (29+ IV) speed will beat any Tyranitar and most Gyarados with a dragon dance. Alternatively, you can still be successful with adamant nature and at least 212 (28+ IV) speed to outrun neutral Infernape and +speed Electivire.

Edit: The choice scarf moveset can be used with choice band too, in which case jolly nature with 244+ speed is far superior to adamant.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)