Rainy Day Smurf

Introduction:
Shit weather outside today so thought i might write up one of these.

At a glance:

Vaporeon @ Life Orb
Trait: Hydration
EVs: 176 Def / 252 SAtk / 80 Spd
Modest Nature (+SAtk, -Atk)
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Hidden Power [Grass]
- Rest

Offensive Vappy is pretty awesome, primarily because people don't expect it. LO Hydro pumps coming off 350 SAtk in rain is devastating. From memory it clean OHKOs shit like conk and reun. Hydration is a great ability as it gives me extra longetivity as well as making Vap a neat status absorber.
Vap plays a crucial role in luring in and disposing of Quagsire and Gastro, paving the way for Rotom-w and Tornadus later on. EVs are designed for max offensive prowess with enough speed to creep skarm and the rest dumped in bulk.

---

Latios @ Choice Specs
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
- Draco Meteor
- Surf
- Psyshock
- Trick / Recover

Latios is responsible for causing a bit of ruckus mid game with Vap, switching in with its nice electric and grass resist. It allows me to keep up momentum against the likes of Virizion and Rotom. DM punches holes in teams, softening the opponents specially defensive mons for Tornadus later on. With Modest nature + choice specs it punishes scizor trying to trap me, allowing it to continue to function as a switch in to rotom-w and celebi especially.
---

Scizor @ Choice Band
Trait: Technician
EVs: 148 HP / 252 Atk / 96 SDef / 12 Spd
Adamant Nature (+Atk, -SAtk)
- Bullet Punch
- U-turn
- Pursuit
- Superpower

Scizor. Mindless U-turn spammer. It useful for getting favorable match ups as it forces alot of switches. Scizor also checks a ton of shit such as Haxorus, Mamo, Reun and Latis. Its only immediate weakness is covered nicely by rain and Latios/Vappy/Rotom-W.

---

Politoed @ Chesto Berry
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 236 HP / 252 SAtk / 20 Spd
- Hydro Pump
- Ice Beam
- Rest
- Focus Blast

This set allows politoed to not be a useless deadweight. Bulky enough to withstand some strong hits, whilst also packing enough firepower to hurt switch ins. Chesto Rest provides longevity which is so crucial in winning the weather war.

---

Rotom-W @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Levitate
EVs: 108 HP / 252 SAtk / 148 Spd
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Trick
- Hydro Pump
- Volt Switch

Rotom is deceptively powerful. A fully invested Hydro under rain really hurts, even to that annoying fucker Ferrothorn. Rotom serves as a failsafe for dangerous sweepers. Trick is nice for stall teams, crippling blissey and such. Rotoms dual stab provides incredible coverage and overall its a very integral poke.

---

Tornadus (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Prankster
EVs: 4 HP / 252 SAtk / 252 Spd
Naive Nature (+Spd, -SDef)
- Hurricane
- Hammer Arm
- Taunt
- Rain Dance

Comes in late. Sets up. Beasts shit sideways.

An auxillary priority Rain setter isnt half bad either. Also, people seem to expect specs hurricane all the time and switch in ttar, only to get smashed by Hammer Arm lolol..
---

Super Mario Bro

All we ever look for
Goddamn, I wouldn't want to face this team. X_X

One suggestion I have is putting Volt Switch over HP Fire on Rotom. It lets you pull off that annoying Scizor-Rotom combo where you can just endlessly switch between those two Pokes. Ferrothorn seems totally overwhelmed by the rest of your team so I wouldn't worry about it too much (plus, Specs Hydro in the rain hits it almost as hard as hp fire).

Also, you should consider putting some defense on Politoed (I personally use 252 HP/240 Def/16 SpDef Calm) to switch into things like Tyranitar and Excadrill more easily. It seems like Life Orb Exca can punch a few holes if you don't have rain up (even though it's not setting up on diddly squat), so watch out.

Good luck

@Super Mario Bro

thanks for the rate, i used to have volt switch on rotom and the double u-turn combination but found that more often than not hp fire was the better option. Especially because when the opponent sees a rain team they will typically lead with ferro. So I duly lead with rotom-w and they stay in to be ohko'd.

BTzz

spams overhand rights
is a Contributor Alumnus
Why do you have speed EVs on Scizor when you have 2 priority attacks? I know he's a CB, but making Scizor slower allows you next guy to come in safe when you U-Turn. I would just dump them in to HP and Special deffence so he can take D-Meteors from Specs Latios

other then that this team is really good. That Vaporeon looks awsome

changes (in bold) implemented to make scizor more bulky and pursuit to deal with jolteon who could otherwise volt switch in and out and sweep.

Jirachee

phoenix reborn
is a Forum Moderatoris a Tiering Contributoris a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Tournament Director Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Senior Staff Member Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Dedicated Tournament Host Alumnus
Hey there,

Nice team. I really like LO Vaporeon, I tried Specs Vappy once, and it hits like a truck. However, it is weak to Mag+Drag. Once Magnezone kills your Scizor (since it's a CB version, if your opponent is not retarded it will be fairly easy), Salamence and most notably Dragonite will have an easy time sweeping this team only by spamming Outrages (when they are at +1). Salamence can be dealt with by your current Vaporeon, but Dragonite with Multi Scale activated IS NOT OHKOed by Ice Beam, which is rather a let down since it'll beat you in 2 shots. Timid Scarf Politoed is able to outspeed standard DD nite, so like Fried Rhys said before, you should change its moveset for that. (In short, to beat Dnite you'll have to break Multiscale with Vappy and then finish the job with Politoed).

franky

aka pimpdaddyfranky, aka frankydelaghetto, aka F, aka ef
is a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Forum Moderator Alumnusis a Top Contributor Alumnus
yo smurf,

this is a hella dope team and the vaporeon looks real good i want to try that one day. one thing about this team is that it needs to maintain politoad and the best spread for politoad is 252/252def with a bold+ nature and the moveset scald / ice beam / toxic / protect. this provides maximum defense to take tar crunch's and has a chance to also survive +2 adamant eq from lefties/air balloon excadrill (just a feat). anyways, the main objective is to add a more defensive balance and i find this spread the best to keep politoad for weather wars.

no sr might be a problem but its an offensive team so i guess its alright. if you're ever confused about having an sr user, you can replace scizor for a specially defensive jirachi with the moveset thunder wave / iron head / wish / stealth rock and the evs 252/252spd with a careful+ nature. with this you can check nasty plot thunderus better. there is v. little difference with replacing scizor but you just add an sr user, same checks to everything but mamoswine and haxorus. thats the only sacrifice for using stealth rock.

as for other options, if you do go for jirachi, you can go for a scarf rotom instead to check shit out. it still hits really hard with rain under its belt. scarf rotom also checks thundurus. the ev spread is 114 hp / 252 spa /144 spe with a modest nature and the moveset thunder / hydro pump / hp fire / trick. the speed lets you outpace max breloom, scizor and tyranitar after trick. i realize youre a bit weaker to ferrothorn now but seeing how your team lures in ferrothorn so much, it shoudn't be a problem. overall gl!

IronBullet

Astronomy Domine
is a Top Tutor Alumnusis a Site Content Manager Alumnusis a Top Team Rater Alumnusis a Battle Simulator Admin Alumnusis a Top Social Media Contributor Alumnusis a Community Contributor Alumnusis a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnusis an Administrator Alumnus
Hey bro,

I had a lot of fun playtesting this team, that Vaporeon set is amazing. I agree with franky in that it is extremely crucial for you to keep Politoed healthy, so the EV spread and moveset he suggested is ideal. You could also try a moveset of Scald | Perish Song | Toxic | Rest with a Chesto Berry. This increase Politoed's survivability even more, while providing you with an emergency button against bulky set up sweepers such as Latias or Reuniclus. The loss of Lefties and Protect might will reduce its ability to take on Excadrill, though, so you can ignore this if you wish.

Fried Rhys is right when he says that you are extremely Thundurus weak, and even Sp Def Jirachi will not stop Lum Berry versions. So, the scarf Rotom-W suggested above is an excellent choice to revenge Thundurus. Sp Def Jirachi is a interesting choice to use over Scizor and it also provides SR support. But keep in mind, you will definitely miss Scizor's ability to remove the Latis out of the picture completely, and to check a lot of threatening sweepers like Terrakion, Dragonite and Tornadus. Good luck!

alamaster

hello
is a Tiering Contributor Alumnusis a Past SPL Champion
Hey dude, sweet team! Offensive Vaporeon looks like a beast. Only thing I noticed is the HP Fire on Rotom-W, now that it's Scarfed it probably won't do a whole lot to Ferrothorn so I'd recommend Volt Switch in its place. You have Trick as a backup way for Ferrothorn already and VS keeps the momentum on your side. Anyway, cool team and good luck!

hey thanks for the rate Ala. hp fire is still important (even without specs) as the damage output is considerable enough that ferro then cannot switch in later and set up on anything barring toed.

Very solid team props for that but your team is weak to terrakion and excadrill. If you lose the weather war to a sandstorm team your teams going to really struggle with SD excadrills with x-scissor. If excadrill gets up 1 sword dance which can be quite easily achieved taking advantage of latios and scizor. With a sword dance up it can 1HKO your whole team with nothing that outspeeds it in the sand. Choice scarf terrakion is quite threatning nearly 1HKOing your whole team with just stone edge. Keep in mind if SR, Spikes and sandstorm it can just about sweep this team with only stone edge. If you were to change the weather to rain switching to politoed, He would be 2HKOed and considering SR and spikes in play it would really limit you chances of getting toed back in to fight. I've got no idea what to suggest but you should keep these threats in mind.

Not too sure what you mean Tornsteel scarf terakion fails to 2hko either vaporeon or toed.

Biggest threat: Ms. Bullshit hax

Well, I figured I might as well help you with this team since you tried to help me with mine. :p

As of now, Rotom-W is your biggest threat. You only have two pokemon that can possibly revenge kill it and one that can switch in. For this reason, I'd recommend making Latios hold Choice Specs and give it a Modest nature. You're not outspeeding many notable threats with Timid (you wall Virizion and Infernape and Terrakion can easily be revenge killed by Rotom). With a Modest nature you have a good chance to OHKO Scizor with Surf and 2KO with Draco Meteor preventing it from being able to trap you so long as you're spamming Surf before you start firing off Draco Meteors. The problem with my suggestion, though is you can't repeatedly switch into Rotom-W anymore because you lose Recover (you could run it, but on a choice set?).

Either that or you could run Ferrothorn. Rotom-W isn't doing much to it and you can get your hazards down. Either way, this team is awesome. I tried out Rest Hydration Vappy yesterday and it was just amazing (I even fought you with it if you remember :p). Either way, great team, and gl with your new one. :)

Thanks for the rate man!

I think my rotom-w weakness is more pronounced when I'm facing you as I pretty much have to sack Latios to bring down multiscale Dragonite, leaving the rest of the team exposed. Actually come to think of it, I should really have lead with Vap... Generally Latios fares pretty well, but i'll be sure to try specs. The extra power is certainly appealing, however, as latios is my pivot check for a few other mons longevity is pretty important.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)