Rain Totally Isn't Overdone, Right?

Alright, so I've decided to get some feedback on a team I've been working on. I have a couple pokemon I am thinking about replacing/changing, and want your thoughts!

The overall goal of my team is to wear down the opponents, and then use the combination of a Thunder/Hurricane Dragonite and Keldeo to finish off my opponent.

Politoed @ Leftovers
Trait: Drizzle
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SAtk
Bold Nature
- Scald
- Encore
- Protect
- Toxic

This is a more support/defensive Politoed. I'm not sure how much I like running it like this, but I want a good toxic support, and I'm thinking of getting rid of my other toxic user. Protect is always a good utility/scouting/get 6% back move, obviously. Encore however is what is the worst move on this, in my opinion. Half the problem is that I can't predict well, but overhauling this 'mon isn't out of the question.

Keldeo @ Choice Scarf
Trait: Justified
EVs: 252 SAtk / 252 Spd / 4 SDef
Timid Nature
- Surf
- Hydro Pump
- Hidden Power [Ice]
- Secret Sword

My revenger. I think this is directly off Smogon, and I do like it. The dual water stabs seem redundant but I rarely have needed something else. The scarf pretty much ensures I get the first hit. Hidden Power Ice is for a secondary solution to ddance Dragonite, which is a pretty dangerous force against this team.

Ferrothorn @ Leftovers
Trait: Iron Barbs
EVs: 252 HP / 88 Def / 168 SDef
Relaxed Nature
- Stealth Rock
- Leech Seed
- Protect
- Power Whip

No spike was a decision I made, and I haven't felt it affect me too much. This issue is Stealth Rock's hit Dragonite for 25%, and many other sweepers for heavy damage as well, which again is something my team has issues with. It helps Keldeo get a OHKO with HP Ice. Leech Seed is another great utility move that I end up using a lot. Protect is again a great move, and Power Whip is an actual attack, which is mildly useful. This can stall out quite a bit, but the issue is once I get off SR and LS, there not much it does...

Gothitelle @ Choice Specs
Trait: Shadow Tag
EVs: 252 SAtk / 4 SDef / 252 Spd
Modest Nature
- Psychic
- Thunderbolt
- Signal Beam (was Hidden Power [Ice])
- Trick

This is something I'm looking to change. I've found it to be too frail, and Shadow Tag is useful, but not amazing. I like it's movepool, but HP Ice seems redundant, and I have never ended up using Trick.

Chansey (F) @ Eviolite
Trait: Natural Cure
EVs: 252 Def / 252 HP / 4 SDef
Bold Nature
- Wish
- Softboiled
- Seismic Toss
- Toxic

Another I'm thinking about overhauling. It's mildly useful, but Politoed already fills the toxic niche, and Ferrothorn tanks fairly well too, so it doesn't really have a role. If it is replaced, I'm looking for another support Pokemon.

Dragonite (M) @ Life Orb
Trait: Multiscale
EVs: 4 HP / 252 Spd / 252 SAtk
Mild Nature
- Thunder
- Hurricane
- Outrage
- Ice Beam

This is one of my favorites to use. Special Dragonite seems a bit iffy, but the combination of Thunder and Hurricane in rain, as well as a fall back outrage is useful. Ice Beam is another Dragon-killer, but I find he gets outsped against most dragons, and is very frail against their SE attacks. One major switch I am thinking about is into Choice Specs. While it weakens Outrage, I generally end up using Thunder and Hurricane pretty much exclusively right now, and Life Orb is kinda eh.

Major Issues with my team:
Switching into a close combat is very difficult. Only Dragonite resists.
Dragon's in generally destroy this, and I have to play around them with ferrothorn leech seeds.
I find this team runs out of steam quickly. I can get lots of powerful attacks off, but in the end just get worn down.
I don't have a strong physical attacker besides Dragonite.
No Ground types/moves
No spinner really hurts Dragonite

Governess

A Beautiful Blossom Waiting to Bloom
is a Researcher Alumnusis a Contributor Alumnusis a Smogon Media Contributor Alumnus
This team is actually really good, only a few changes.

-You seem to do well against Gliscor, and other threats of that sort, which is why HP Ice was the first option on Smogon. For your team's sake, I suggest Signal Beam > HP Ice, as it can handle those Psychic types that your team has issues with, like Celebi (common rain team counter), and Dark-types, who Gothitelle can happily rid of. Gothitelle is generally good for ridding of other Weather Starters and trap specific counters; keep that in mind as you continue to use Gothitelle.

-For Dragonite, I'd suggest ExtremeSpeed > Outrage, as you said, gets outsped by most dragons. As for the Chocie Specs, I've never had much experience with that, so you may need another team rater to figure that out for you.

I'll come back after testing this team to give other advice (if it already isn't said) That was what I just saw face up.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 1, Guests: 0)